It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is your mail being opened too?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Interesting drbryankkruta,
Apparently the reason they claim they open the media mail is to bust people trying to mail non-media items and take advantage of the lower prices. I don't know. She said the searches are random "spot checks" but in your case they actually stated that the unusual shape and packaging were the reason. Weird. But then again, the post office is very quirky. A quick google search will biring you websites that try mailing strange objects through the USPS just to see if they will get through,...It's amazing what does!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I know the feeling. The other day, I got a letter I think from the hospital. You could see the letter had been pryed open and resealed. Also, letters that I should get the next day take almost a week or more.

For example, my solicitor had wrote me and when I enquired about it-she couldn't understand it. However, with the second attempt of sending a letter to me; I received it the following day.

The first letter has never made it's appearance.

I am not a terrorist, or an anarchist. However, I will stand up for the truth and I will speak my mind. That is what democracy is all about isn't it? Also, my brother has a nephew in the middle east and my family is descended from the middle east, although through the generations of migration we have lost the pigmentation.

The whole reason I joined this forum is because I am interested in the truth.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
_BLiND_ You shouldnt be sayin things like that !

[edit on 2-2-2005 by BlazinDragon602]

[edit on 2-2-2005 by BlazinDragon602]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by spike
Interesting drbryankkruta,
Apparently the reason they claim they open the media mail is to bust people trying to mail non-media items and take advantage of the lower prices. I don't know. She said the searches are random "spot checks" but in your case they actually stated that the unusual shape and packaging were the reason. Weird. But then again, the post office is very quirky. A quick google search will biring you websites that try mailing strange objects through the USPS just to see if they will get through,...It's amazing what does!

Hey I will look into that, that sounds like fun I heard alot of that has been going on lately on regular flight where people in news crews carried things through that were knives, simulated guns, simulated bombs and so on in luggage , but this is a new type of angle I didnt hear of yet.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07
I know the feeling. The other day, I got a letter I think from the hospital. You could see the letter had been pryed open and resealed. Also, letters that I should get the next day take almost a week or more.

For example, my solicitor had wrote me and when I enquired about it-she couldn't understand it. However, with the second attempt of sending a letter to me; I received it the following day.

The first letter has never made it's appearance.

I am not a terrorist, or an anarchist. However, I will stand up for the truth and I will speak my mind. That is what democracy is all about isn't it? Also, my brother has a nephew in the middle east and my family is descended from the middle east, although through the generations of migration we have lost the pigmentation.

The whole reason I joined this forum is because I am interested in the truth.

Didnt you know that the democracy we have today has a new policy than it did 20 years ago , democracy means anyone who is not subserviant , or zombie in their following of the goverment are now all terrorists , even the old lady who is now griping about the threat of cuts in social security in their minds is a potentil terrorist now.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well I'll make it a little easier on Simon.

T. Smith
266 Colborne St.
Chatham, Ont.

Is that good enough? Who cares really. I hate bush, its not bush bashing. He is a tyrant and should be ____ _____.

Let them come and get me, OH nO.. If I have a nuke. I'd would be making a road trip to washington.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BLiND_
Haha, I meant I was serious about hating Bush, not about shooting him. I wouldn't do that, people these days...

A direct threat the President Of the United States of America. Yeah, Actually I do find it funny.
I dont hold respect for him. He is no better then my "rapist neighbour". Does his Sh*t not stick?

HAah I highly doubt the government monitors boards like this. I think that is people just thinking they are important enough to be monitored. Yawn.

I know for a fact one member is a fed based out of the federal office based in an area of the mid south of the FBI from previous off board discussions so never assume they don't know cause they are hear in this forum and I can bet you you have talked to them without dought , you know I recieved a letter shortly after the beginning of the winter I think in September where in even Students in training for Federal Jobs Such as myself are incourage to be on the look out for anti-goverment sentiment and threats or the mention of key words and subjects, Well guess what I told on myself cause I was and continued to post items of disapproval like the thread in My signature line and I will continue to do so dispite my futture career goals or being denied the job now because of my beliefs.

[edit on 2/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
OK
so there is one in every crowd...
all you have to do is say "OH PLEASE DONT" , and they do, just to spite ya...

Blind
I feel sorry for you dude... you are probably just having a bad day, and now you will have a bad series of days...
I remember the crap they gave my old teacher, and he only said something as an EXAMPLE of what you can't say... (if you'll notice, i described the dangerous words, not gave examples)

if the shooting comment didn't do it, the nuke comment sure did...

it is also not ok to joke about bombs before you get on a plane. It might be funny if you find having a hand stuck up your nethers and a long interogation funny... HAHA...
understand that our wacky government is more paranoid about terrorism than this board is... (and that says a lot)
and Canada ain't very far...

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:18 PM
link   
You want to know if someone is really reading your mail? Send a letter to yourself, and let them know that you know. Or, if you really want to make a big stink, write a fictional story about an assassination, or something. See if anyone takes the bait. You can always claim you were just doing a "poor man's copyright." While it may be a hassle, it will indeed tell you whether you're just being paranoid or not. That's what I'd do anyway.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Alright, I have to chime in here.
Some here know where I work, some do not...
I am employed by the U.S.P.S. I can pretty much assure you that no one is opening peoples mail.(for the most part) Now, there are those that steal mail and it's contents. They are usually busted and arrested. People always worry about the F.B.I. and what not, but I would be more scared of the Postal Inspection Service. They take mail fraud, and mail tampering very seriously. Unless it is considered a suspicious package, your mail will most likely not be intentionally tampered with. The automated machines damage mail everyday, in various ways, so it is not uncommon to recieve mail in poor condition. Usually it is accompanied by an official apology.

Here are two links if you are indeed serious and feel that your mail is being tampered with. The first on is the Inspection Services main page, and the second takes you directly to the contact page...

Postal Inspection Service

direct link to contact page

Boba

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The first thing I thought of when I started reading this thread was this:

Mail theft is a common way that identity thieves get your credit card or bank account information and possibly your Social Security number.

www.privacyrights.org...

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972
Alright, I have to chime in here.
Some here know where I work, some do not...
I am employed by the U.S.P.S. I can pretty much assure you that no one is opening peoples mail.(for the most part) Now, there are those that steal mail and it's contents. They are usually busted and arrested. People always worry about the F.B.I. and what not, but I would be more scared of the Postal Inspection Service. They take mail fraud, and mail tampering very seriously. Unless it is considered a suspicious package, your mail will most likely not be intentionally tampered with. The automated machines damage mail everyday, in various ways, so it is not uncommon to recieve mail in poor condition. Usually it is accompanied by an official apology.

Here are two links if you are indeed serious and feel that your mail is being tampered with. The first on is the Inspection Services main page, and the second takes you directly to the contact page...

Postal Inspection Service

direct link to contact page

Boba

Dispite these claims I assure you my situation has happened and continues to be policy escpecially with packages coming in from out of country and materials relating to hazmat and explosives material and a USPS notice comes with the package in a seal clear bag and most of the time a green claim card to pick it up at the desk , so tell not of conspiracies when those of us who know better are listening because it makes us wonder what really the point is to this type of event and what actually the leagality of the same is.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta

Dispite these claims I assure you my situation has happened and continues to be policy escpecially with packages coming in from out of country and materials relating to hazmat and explosives material and a USPS notice comes with the package in a seal clear bag and most of the time a green claim card to pick it up at the desk , so tell not of conspiracies when those of us who know better are listening because it makes us wonder what really the point is to this type of event and what actually the leagality of the same is.

Packages for outside the U.S. as well as hazmat material must have special labels on the package. By "green claim card" do you mean certified mail? So now you are saying there is a conspiracy in the U.S. Postal Service? You do know the Postal Service isn't tech. even a Federal agency right? On what basis do you make these claims? Show me your proof? If you are going to accuse my employer of some conspiracy you better be able to back it up. Are you saying the U.S.P.S. is targeting you specifically? It is bad enough people still use the phrase "Going Postal", now there is a mail conspiracy as well. If you actually worked here you would know it is impossible. I could go on and on but what is the point. I am here you are not, so how would you know?
So again, unless it is a suspicious package, or something illegal, your mail is not intentionally being targeted for any reason. Tampering with the mail is a federal offense. But, on the other hand if a package is say leaking something or is ticking..of course it will be examined.

[edit on 2/2/2005 by bobafett1972]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Packages for outside the U.S. as well as hazmat material must have special labels on the package.

They are shipped as training materials under plain brown paper packaing media and usually contain of the lable official mail or materials intended only for user no forwarding allowed return to sender apon failed delivery.

By "green claim card" do you mean certified mail?

yes, and also their using them in my post office in a rural town where I keep a post office box, and hand writing the need to go to the desk to claim a package, as the community is very small this tends to happen because every one knows every one so its not uncommon to get the notice in your box either to large for box or damage and please inquire at desk in case of insurance on materials.

So now you are saying there is a conspiracy in the U.S. Postal Service?

not really that was a poke for the sake of saying dont deny when things are facts as this breeds conspiracy questions

You do know the Postal Service isn't tech. even a Federal agency right?

Under their charter they are protected by and regulated by the goverment but have autonomous action and policies only rates and transport and protection are strickly regulated outside the orginization. Internal policy and investigative agents submit their findings of wrong doing to the federal officials and the case is pursued in conjuction with the fed agency but not actively a policing agency they have to let the fed agency take primary on arrest and detention and questioning, They can however question a suspect during the course of their part of the investigation and can do so with out reading the miranda and the testimony can still stand in court even if suspect question by USPS Investigators ask these questions with out suspect attorney present.

On what basis do you make these claims? Show me your proof? If you are going to accuse my employer of some conspiracy you better be able to back it up.

I have done you one better the Postal Service Inspection Office should have copies the letter on file where in I made a claim of invasive /or damaging intent causing the disturbance of my personal mail. They will also verify the notifications where sent out modifying the packaging restrictions and inspection policies in relation to questionable items .....in which the invasive search, non invasive k9 search , x ray policies, and biological tests can be run without notice to and package deemed on their opionion to be a risk due to bulk to large for media use to pack the material and those items coming in from out of the country and the suspect materials that may be thought to contain materials that may be used in the training of both terrorists and anti terrorist personel . Did you not get this memo or something it got more compulsary after 9/11 and broader powers are still being implemented under homeland security laws.

Are you saying the U.S.P.S. is targeting you specifically?

I thought I made it clear only 2 packages where opened and that the rest was delays and inconvience of having to go to the office for materials that 3 years ago didnt have any restrictions that is not targeting me personally , to me it's more an abuse of power by the USPS and the US Goverment in the invasion of privacy, of people in general ,

You know what are you worried about its not like anyone is going to get in troudle for it or and investigation is going to take place even if I wanted it to you are awful paranoid for an employee you have something you wish to disclose about your actions , if not and you didnt do it then chill their are bad seeds in these organization and the USPS as a whole is only responsible as far as a persons direct involvement the USPS is in my opinion a very good organization and I do prefer to send packages via them and not a less trust worthy UPS or FEDEX which are rampent with wide spread theft and damages .

It is bad enough people still use the phrase "Going Postal", now there is a mail conspiracy as well. If you actually worked here you would know it is impossible. I could go on and on but what is the point. I am here you are not, so how would you know?

as a matter of fact I have interned at the USPS smart ellic and I have been in their organization so dont get high and mighty with me like Im stupid you know only what I have said and didnt know about my internship yet you presume to judge me , ooohhh and by the way my uncle has been a short haul driver for a midwestern route for over 10 years and I assure you I question him about everything as well and he even admits the propaganda you just spewed is the new going thing they use to cover themselves for activities they know they are doing.

Tampering with the mail is a federal offense.

Obviously your not aware of spontanious search approval in the homeland security agency where in packages can and will be tested even if not quote leaking all the need do is meet a minimal and flawed set of standards to qualify for search and tests.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

You know what are you worried about its not like anyone is going to get in troudle for it or and investigation is going to take place even if I wanted it to you are awful paranoid for an employee you have something you wish to disclose about your actions , if not and you didnt do it then chill their are bad seeds in these organization and the USPS as a whole is only responsible as far as a persons direct involvement the USPS is in my opinion a very good organization and I do prefer to send packages via them and not a less trust worthy UPS or FEDEX which are rampent with wide spread theft and damages .

You are mistaken. I have no idea where you cam eup with the idea I was paranoid. I got the impression that you were the one being paranoid. If not than I apologize. I was merely defending who I work for. And as for Your being an intern? What does that have to do with anything? I was merely stating what I know of how the mail flows and is handled. If you want to take offense to that, that is on you. I do not feel that I was treating your poorly. All I originally was doing was posting to the original poster that no one was intentionally opening their mail. What do I need to disclose about the Postal Services actions? There are close to 1 million people working for the U.S.P.S., myself included, and we are all dedicated to maintaining the sanctity of the mail. Like I already said, I wasn't being paranoid, I was merely defending what I thought to be false statements about my place of employment.

*The tampering of the mail remark was meant for persons who steal other peoples mail. The Government can pretty much do what they want.

[edit on 2/2/2005 by bobafett1972]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
my mail has been getting opened for years. sometimes the envelope is cut across the top or side, sometimes torn open, sometimes the glue has been obviously wet to loosen it. sometimes the envelopes are taped closed before delivery, sometimes left open with the contents hanging out. I even got a p.o. box thinking it might be some neighborhood kid. it still got opened. I have had incoming and outgoing checks disappear MANY times, although that hasnt happened since the arrest of several individuals from the main post office downtown a few months ago. I have wasted hours at the post office filling out lost mail forms & complaints for the opened mail with absolutely no response or solution. one thing noticed is that every time it has happened I havent received mail for several days prior, every single time. I was suspicious of the carrier at first but have had 2 other carriers since. I just stopped caring about it. I try to pay as many bills as I can either online, over the phone or in person & get payments direct deposited. I dont care if they read my letters, keep my bills or chunk the junk mail...screw the usps!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   

You are mistaken. I have no idea where you cam eup with the idea I was paranoid. I got the impression that you were the one being paranoid. If not than I apologize.

no im not paranoid I told it just the way it happened that isnt paranoid , assigning assuptions to an unsure circumstance is paranoid. But thanks any way.

I was merely defending who I work for. And as for Your being an intern? What does that have to do with anything? I was merely stating what I know of how the mail flows and is handled. If you want to take offense to that, that is on you.

The way you put yourself across was I'm inside and I know more than you cause your on the outside, I mearly displayed a response of having been on the inside and having people close to me that are still on the inside, so I have some aquaintence with the USPS and am not ignorant to those things the general public are not privie to as they are internal matters.

I do not feel that I was treating your poorly. All I originally was doing
was posting to the original poster that no one was intentionally opening their mail.

And again I felt degraded as an ignorant to the internal workings of the system, and as such my statements where being disreguarded without cause.

as for your part adressed to the original poster thats between you to but between us you know what I am saying has to come from the inside as not all policies are disclosed to the public and you know as well as I do these searches happen in cases as I have explained at the recieving hubs at or directly off the air mail delivery location, before distribution to the individual postal delivery points, they are invasive,non invasive k9,biochem test,x-ray and uv light tested for detection of every thing from stolen gov documents to dirty bombs....it happens also random and there are very few if any restrictions left to set a common rule of search criteria at this point as homelond security has only given probable cause indicators and left further judgement to inspection crews and there hub postmasters or chief supervisors.

What do I need to disclose about the Postal Services actions? There are close to 1 million people working for the U.S.P.S., myself included, and we are all dedicated to maintaining the sanctity of the mail. Like I already said, I wasn't being paranoid, I was merely defending what I thought to be false statements about my place of employment.

What my disclosure statement is if you think I believe this stuff doesn't happen then what are you will to say to defend yourself , it was diragatory I dont need proof of anything it was meant to draw your attention to the fact the way you where responding was atypical of a cover up story.
and as for the tampering thing , yes the goverment does what they want that's the problem I am simply bringing to attention the USPS is in part involved in questionable acts against our civil rights by assisting in any way in inspections under these broad and imperfect searched of personal materials at the main recieving hubs, thats all I was saying the theft issue was self proven I said I trust the USPS better than any other mail carrier because discpite any inspections I still get the mail just in a plastic bag with a form letter sealed inside explaining they were sorry for damages to packing media in order to perform this service of national security, understandable to a point in ligt of the anthrax issue a little while back that got into the offices of our goverment all over the nation I cant even remember exactly how many happened but they involved mayors, governors,senators,congressman, and even dod and fbi offices recieving these laced letters, but lets not get excessive is where I am trying to get to , they are impeading apon my rights and freedoms when they do invasive searchs with out clearly and proven probable cause thats all.

[edit on 2/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 11:24 PM
link   

And again I felt degraded as an ignorant to the internal workings of the system, and as such my statements where being disreguarded without cause.

Well I feel I said nothing to degrade you. You may or may not be ignorant of the internal workings of the system. Based on what you said, since I work there and you do not, I should not speak up? I should keep my mouth shut even if I know how the USPS works? Where is the logic in that? Why can I not show passion and dedication the my place of employment? I am done here, I feel no further need to justify trying to explain that no one is intentionally opening a citizens mail for no reason. I shall agree to disagree.
Good day.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Well I feel I said nothing to degrade you. You may or may not be ignorant of the internal workings of the system. Based on what you said, since I work there and you do not, I should not speak up? I should keep my mouth shut even if I know how the USPS works? Where is the logic in that? Why can I not show passion and dedication the my place of employment? I am done here, I feel no further need to justify trying to explain that no one is intentionally opening a citizens mail for no reason. I shall agree to disagree.
Good day.

Thats no what I said , I am saying know the oposition better , before assuming you have won the battle, You should ask and know before taking that position of I am more in the know because I work here, when you cant even ask if a person has been or is there right beside you. That is the belittlement I was stating you presented. You just didnt approach me with the tact I felt should have been used nor did you ask me if I have ever been on the in looking out, you just assumed a position of postering against something, while yes I respect your position and loyalty to those you work for dont be nieve there are those who notice more from looking than those know from following, you could be in a part of the organization that this has not been witnessed by you and that's fine but dont assume someone else hasn't. It boils down to your approach that got me not really what you where saying that's all.

And as for the ending of a conversation in a childish manor rather than following thru to fruition the dialog that was finished here above with out oppurtunity for me to respond just is another version of the same issue, you need to be more patient and tactful, thats all I was saying.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

And as for the ending of a conversation in a childish manor rather than following thru to fruition the dialog that was finished here above with out oppurtunity for me to respond just is another version of the same issue, you need to be more patient and tactful, thats all I was saying.

But that is exactly why I am done in this particular thread. You are misreading everything I say. So why waste your time and mine? I did not end it in a childish manner. This is exactly what I mean. I thought I was just bowing out nicely and you somehow twist it into me being childish? I feel my words and thoughts in this thread have been tactful and patient. I agreeded to disagree because it is quite obvious to me we will just continue to not agree on anything. How is this childish? You do not even know me, but yet all of your post have accused me of being rude, degrading and now childish? If this is the case, then why do I have no warnings? Oh, maybe it is because I am not in fact doing anything rude, or degrading or childish.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join