It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is your mail being opened too?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I have been arguing on another website, politics and I am beginning to think one of those folks there has turned me in for being someone who does not like Bush, they all keep using the word hate whenever they express how they think I feel about him, I have told them over and over I don't hate him. But here is what is happening, hubby gets the mail in, hubby is not the paranoid type and has for the last couple of months said that our mail is being opened, sometimes it is just too obvious. Its more than a crumpled up envelope that has gotten caught in a sorting machine at the post office. One would think they would try and be less obvious about it. Its really funny when you think about it. I don't drive and I stay home 99.5% of the time. If Bush were to pull in my driveway, I doubt I would even bother looking out the window. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone else here has been getting mail that has obviously been opened. Oh and here is something else funny I don't ever send mail out, maybe occasionally on the average 3 letters a year. The other day I sent a payment in to a company and my stamps were all .34 and I did not even know how much a current stamp is.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
scary.
But I'd look next door before the government/g-men.
Don't provide accurate information like your adress on such websites.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
How precisely do you know that the mails been opened? Is it just crumpled or it is cut open and then re-taped? Is it any mail in particular that has this happen? Catalogs, magazines, or personal letters, from a particular person or set of return addresses?

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
You should report this immediately to the Post Office. The Postal Police take these things very seriously and will investigate. You may also consider a lockable mailbox with slot where the mail carrier can insert your mail. If you wouldn't notice if the president of the United States drove up to your house, then you probably wouldn't notice a sneaky person messing with your mail. You may even want to set up a video camera to assist the postal police in their investigation. Pretty scary, and more common than you might think!

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by gooseI have told them over and over I don't hate him.

I doi! I'm more than happy to state I HATE HIM and i wouldn't shed a tear if someone killed him tomorrow.

edit:

They'd be pretty bored reading my mail

[edit on 1-2-2005 by arnold_vosloo]

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I think it is some government agency opening it, as my Mom lives on side and the neighbor on the other side did accidentally get my mail once, a guest's child took my mail when she went to get theirs, and my neighbor apoligized and said all I got was a tv guide and that the kid had torn it to shreds before she noticed and offered to pay for it. I live in a rural area. So I feel sure no one else is getting it. I think it is getting opened before it ever reaches my mailbox. I don't get anything but junk mail so I don't know why they are bothering to open it, unless they think someone is sending me messages in with junk mail. Sometime the letter will be opened entirely or the envelope will be halfway opened and the letter stuffed back in haphazardly. Its crazy and like I said I am sometimes a little paranoid and might notice things but hubby is not one to pay attention, for him to notice its got to be blatantly obvious. Its just weird to think that someone might actually be getting paid to open my mail, and they should be bored silly 98% of what comes here i toss in the trash or the shredder, you know those credit card offers and stuff like that goes in the shredder to keep someone else from using them.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yeah, someone actually stole my junk mail from out of my bin... it is t next to my mail box and i keep my junk mail in it... so that it doesn't make it into my house...

they actually dumped the whole thing out and grabbed any personalized mail (mostly junk and coupons) and left the rest...
they can have it...

and just a reminder... even the slightest threat to the president, and you go to jail... so don't even joke about him being killed...
one of my old teachers said something that he shouldn't have, and the secret service came in (reagon era) and "questioned" him for half the day
it really improved his attitude towards the president, i tell ya... NOT!

I also noticed that some mail arrives opened, with no comment of "OPPS didn't notice the address", but this is usually bills, so unless they want to pay my utilities or get my cable shut off, then i don't worry to much..

the only thing you can do is report it, like they suggested and get a lockable dropbox...
and stop sending drugs thru the mail... (shhhh, they are on to you)

what i am worried about is my worst paranoid concerns of some devious government agent using my identity to perform some nefarious deed, and leave me holding the hook... (like killing off his obnoxious partner with the bad BO and the hot rich wife) ... yeah...i ought to write a book...

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Lazarus you are very funny, maybe you should write a book. You should also get a shredder for that mail. I have never said anything about wanting something bad to happen to Bush, but some of these folks at the website I mentioned worship him, similar to some here. I must say though it makes me laugh to think they are taking the time to monitor me in any way at all, I'm about as harmless as one can get.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
The only mail I have recieved that was opened for inspection had a warning letter appologizing for the inconvience,but went on to say that the package was to bulky and suspicious in shape, they also said if any damages occured please contact their office for a complaint form to recieve a hearing for compensation, I then started getting simular packages unopened as they were marked media mail , which rather irritated me cause that stamp was the only thing that upheld my right to privacy.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   
The ymonitor you sometimes for the friends you keep.

I remember when I was younger, my dad had some friends who were in a Militia, and one got into enough trouble withthe law to have some serious questions asked......and all the rest of the tie we lived up there, there was little dout that our mail is being monitored.

Now that we live 6 states away and have had no contact with those same friends, we don't have as amny problems.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 03:54 AM
link   
My mail isn't opened, but the mailman is such a senile old bastard that he constantly delivers my mail to the neighbour and the neighbour's to me.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Though I have never had my mail tampered with that I know of, I have had my phone tapped and have been 'questioned' on an IM that I traced back to a Federal agent, but I have never been really worried about it as I am hardly a threat. I hate Bush and have spent a great deal of time trying to educate folks on the less than colorful history of the Bush regime, illegal government activites, etc. I honestly think they aren't worried about you until you either get a platform and an audience, or start buying large bags of fertilizer and blasting caps or something which would indicate you are actively involved in more than internet chatter. Farq em, the 1st ammendment came long before the internet, if they don't like they way I talk, they can talk to my attorney and argue with my press releases.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
If they open my mail they have to pay my bills, that's the rule.

In my estimation, this amounts to using tax dollars to mount an investigation/prosecution of the person paying the taxes.

How does it feel, to pay for the noose than hangs you?

The tax code in America is illegal and immoral for a lot of reasons. The fact that it supports activities like domestic spying is a big one.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I hate bush, I am not scared to put my address on the net. Let them come and get me.

I am going to shoot President Bush.

Lets see if my mail gets opened. But I was serious about the first comment. Why not post your address? They could just look through IP's and get your location, could they not?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BLiND_
I hate bush, I am not scared to put my address on the net. Let them come and get me.

I am going to shoot President Bush.

Lets see if my mail gets opened. But I was serious about the first comment. Why not post your address? They could just look through IP's and get your location, could they not?

At first I was not going to say anything about this...but the middle statement you made is just wrong! Not only does it in one way or another violate the Terms and Conditions of the board, it now puts all of us under the eye of the government if they monitor the boards and we know they probably do.
Freedom of Speech is one thing, but you have made a direct threat to the President of the US.
Is it that funny?

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Blind

I think Gitmo's getting a new recruit tonight! If you think shooting the president would do any good, you're dumb enough to shoot the president. That worries me. You'd do more good for the world, and avoid the SS by shooting your friendly neighborhood rapist.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
drbryankkruta,
I sell things on Ebay all the time and the post office lady told me that because of the reduced cost of media mail, THOSE packages in particular, are subject to searches. In fact she said that whenever someone mails through media mail they are supposed to be told of this. Hope that helps. I run into it every time I sell video casettes.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Haha, I meant I was serious about hating Bush, not about shooting him. I wouldn't do that, people these days...

A direct threat the President Of the United States of America. Yeah, Actually I do find it funny.
I dont hold respect for him. He is no better then my "rapist neighbour". Does his Sh*t not stick?

HAah I highly doubt the government monitors boards like this. I think that is people just thinking they are important enough to be monitored. Yawn.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spike
drbryankkruta,
I sell things on Ebay all the time and the post office lady told me that because of the reduced cost of media mail, THOSE packages in particular, are subject to searches. In fact she said that whenever someone mails through media mail they are supposed to be told of this. Hope that helps. I run into it every time I sell video casettes.

Odd then that I can find no evidence of tampering in the newer media mail
packages being used by my venders, However I forgot to mention I was given a notice at the beginning of last summer that my media mail was being x-rayed and could be , but not limited to dog non-invasive sampling and other means of search , ecspecially in the case that alot of my venders are from UK, Germany, and a couple of other countries outside the USA.

I should go on to note the opened packages where domestic, one from Las Vegas,Nevada and one from Maryland the later of the two being the FEMA training Facility in Emittsburge, Maryland at which my distance learning college training in Emergency Management and The National Fire Academy, both FEMA Agencies sending out non-classified media most of the time the only restricted information is Hazmat related Briefs and Explosive training scenario material.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Actually i kid not...
that statement you made... joke or not... is wrong....

I am serious as a heart attack...

Complain about Bush all you want... I will join in on any bush bash...

but a threat like that will have "them'" calling simon with a search warrant...

and Simon has to give them all your registry due to his being a UK citizen...

Less than an afternoons work for the SS , can change your whole life...

I have had the feds watching me before due the the industry i am in (autoparts, lots of black market operators) and can tell you...
it is not a comfort making situation when an agent calls your friends right after you call them so that they can "clarify" conversations..

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join