It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Judge in Hawaii Has blocked Travel Ban Hours before it is to Take Effect

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: D8Tee
What's a bad idea? The EO? Yes, I think it's a bad idea for the reason I've stated before. It's counterproductive and does not address the actual danger. That danger being the radicalization of people who are already in the country.

But it would prevent more radicalized people from entering the country so that's bad thing?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   

What's a bad idea? The EO? Yes, I think it's a bad idea for the reason I've stated before. It's counterproductive and does not address the actual danger. That danger being the radicalization of people who are already in the country.

No, not the EO itself. The idea of setting up safe zones, you knew what the question was, why do you do that....

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

But it would prevent more radicalized people from entering the country so that's bad thing?

I guess if there are plenty here already, why not let some more in kinda thinking?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Would it? Just what is "extreme vetting" besides hot air from a master of it? You don't know, do you? But it's a beautiful thing, right?

And it does tend to piss off people when you say "No. Your sister can't join you because she's from where you're from." You know what pissed off people tend to do? So, let's piss off more people, because it feels good. It makes us feel safe.
edit on 3/16/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Would it? Just what is "extreme vetting" besides hot air from a master of it? You don't know, do you? But it's a beautiful thing, right?

And it does tend to piss off people when you say "No. Your sister can't join you because she's from where you're from." You know what pissed off people tend to do? So, let's piss off more people, because it feels good. It makes us feel safe.

We see how well that worked out with Europe. Do you think their record number of refugees from "terrorist regions" has anything to do with the record number of terrorist attacks in 2016? Or do you suppose that's just a little coincidence?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

So you say let their friends and family in so we don't piss them off, because if we piss them off they might suicide bomb us.....it makes you feel safe.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Do you think their record number of refugees from "terrorist regions" has anything to do with the record number of terrorist attacks in 2016?
Not sure. It could have to do with the fact that you can walk (so to speak) from Syria (and elsewhere) to Europe.

But then, a good number of those attacks were carried out by people who had been in that country for quite a while. Weren't they?

So, do you think Trump's "extreme vetting" just means no Muslims? Ever? Go ahead, say it. It's ok.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

So you say let their friends and family in so we don't piss them off, because if we piss them off they might suicide bomb us.....it makes you feel safe.

No. I'm saying that keeping his sister out won't make you safer, because the greater danger is here.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   

No. I'm saying that keeping his sister out won't make you safer, because the greater danger is here.

If the greater danger is here, are you advocating for mass roundups and deportation? Whats your solution?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   

So, do you think Trump's "extreme vetting" just means no Muslims? Ever? Go ahead, say it. It's ok.

Actually I agree with you in that "extreme vetting" likely wouldn't keep out terrorists any more than our current system. I do like the "safe zone" idea though.
edit on 3/16/2017 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

I don't have a solution.

But the danger is not as intense as the president would like you to believe. Yes, if you get blown up it sucks. If you get shot, it sucks. Those in Oklahoma City know that. Those in Aurora know that. Those in Orlando know that.

It also sucks if you get killed by a drunk driver or hit by lightning. What's your solution?

You can't see the setup? The appeal to fear of The Other? "Worry not! I'll save you! Only I can make you safe." Bull#. Hot air.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I don't have a solution.

But the danger is not as intense as the president would like you to believe. Yes, if you get blown up it sucks. If you get shot, it sucks. Those in Oklahoma City know that. Those in Aurora know that. Those in Orlando know that.

It also sucks if you get killed by a drunk driver or hit by lightning. What's your solution?

You can't see the setup? The appeal to fear of The Other? "Worry not! I'll save you! Only I can make you safe." Bull#. Hot air.

So whats the problem with safe zones then?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Like D8The said what is your solution?

And do you think there is no danger of letting in people from known terrorist regions? What could it hurt to halt letting these people in while we improve our vetting system?

If they have some ideas that could improve our current vetting system and make our country overall more safe then why not let them do it?

Stopping refugees from those countries coming into the U.S. temporarily certainly is not going to hurt the country but it just MIGHT make the U.S. safer so why not?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

How do safe zones (extreme refugee camps) make us safer?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Unless said ISIS fighter disguised as a refugee has an ICBM I can't see how they can hurt anyone on US soil if they are still in the Middle East, can you?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   

And do you think there is no danger of letting in people from known terrorist regions?

Like Indonesia? Like Pakistan? Like Saudi Arabia?

If they have some ideas that could improve our current vetting system and make our country overall more safe then why not let them do it?
Fine. Let them.

Stopping refugees from those countries coming into the U.S. temporarily certainly is not going to hurt the country
I disagree.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

And do you think there is no danger of letting in people from known terrorist regions?

Like Indonesia? Like Pakistan? Like Saudi Arabia?

Fine. Let them.

Stopping refugees from those countries coming into the U.S. temporarily certainly is not going to hurt the country
I disagree.

Okay you say not letting in the terrorist's sister will piss him off so he will then retaliate. But what makes you think he wasn't going to do an attack anyways? I mean if he would do an attack for that reason then what's to stop him from doing it for other reasons?

Then you let in his sister, now the attacker has help...more attacks.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

But what makes you think he wasn't going to do an attack anyways?

Has he carried out any attacks?

You know, that innocent until proven guilty thing? Pesky, I know.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

But what makes you think he wasn't going to do an attack anyways?

Has he carried out any attacks?

You know, that innocent until proven guilty thing? Pesky, I know.

Right so why judge them by stating that if we don't let in their family they will likely become attackers?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Unless said ISIS fighter disguised as a refugee has an ICBM I can't see how they can hurt anyone on US soil if they are still in the Middle East, can you?

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join