It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Judge in Hawaii Has blocked Travel Ban Hours before it is to Take Effect

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: introvert

a reply to: reldra

500,000 deaths in Syria so far because of terrorists.

Yet only around 7 convictions of Syrian nationals have taken place in the US, related to terror.

Sounds like a case of cutting the nose to spite the face.

Couple thousand under investigation and surveillance.

The EO says 300. Have you not been reading? I think one of them is Snoop Dogg. Scroll up. Not dangerous enough to apprehend. I didn't give the 300 number, it is in the text of the EO.
edit on 15-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Yet only around 7 convictions of Syrian nationals have taken place in the US, related to terror.

Sounds like a case of cutting the nose to spite the face.

Couple thousand under investigation and surveillance.

Again, proof please.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

This video has caused an investigation, as all complaints must be investigated:

So if this is one of the 'investigations' I wonder how many are serious.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

And we don't want to let in the few remaining fleeing?

Kinda long way to go, ya think?

It is. Mostly European countries and ME countries have taken them in. I think Turkey took the most I think. Saudi Arabia took a good amount. Lots of other countries. You don't want any refugees even travelling here. We;ll, your wish, for the second time, today, was DENIED.

My best friend is Syrian.

His dad, rip, was a syrian christian. Funny bastard. Just rail on Kissinger and Nixon. lol.

He wouldn't want them here either.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

It is. Mostly European countries and ME countries have taken them in. I think Turkey took the most I think. Saudi Arabia took a good amount. Lots of other countries. You don't want any refugees even travelling here. We;ll, your wish, for the second time, today, was DENIED.

His dad, rip, was a syrian christian. Funny bastard. Just rail on Kissinger and Nixon. lol.

Where does your Syrian best friend live?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

But the EO is invalid right?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

A federal judge reviews a motion in regard to an EO or law and then decides if it is constitutional and legal or not. They can say it is or they can block it.

Except that's not what happened. It seems the judge blocked it out of personal feelings and opinions of it, not actual legality of it.

You don't know that. For some reason some want to keep saying it. As if to produce buzzwords like activist judge or political decision. But you do not know this.

Actually the judge said it in his 43 page decision.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

But the EO is invalid right?

Right. It is invalid. A judge has ruled yet another one to be so.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

A federal judge reviews a motion in regard to an EO or law and then decides if it is constitutional and legal or not. They can say it is or they can block it.

Except that's not what happened. It seems the judge blocked it out of personal feelings and opinions of it, not actual legality of it.

You don't know that. For some reason some want to keep saying it. As if to produce buzzwords like activist judge or political decision. But you do not know this.

No, he didn't. Did you miss the last 10 pages of this and come back?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

RI.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

RI.

Rhode Island. Nice for him. Should we keep him or is he too dangerous?

Maybe BurgerBuddy;s best friend needs extreme vetting?
edit on 15-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Thank-you for clarifying the difference between Obama and Trump when it comes to these travel restrictions.

Soon, 90 days will have elapsed since President Trump's first travel ban was implemented. Since it was only supposed to be in effect for 90 days, in order to give the Administration time to implement tighter controls. I would say that those "controls" (or whatever they're really called), should be 60-70% on their way to being finalized at this point. Right?

edit on 3/15/2017 by carewemust because: typo

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Thank-you for clarifying the difference between Obama and Trump when it comes to these travel restrictions.

Soon, 90 days will have elapsed since President Trump's first travel ban was implemented. Since it was only supposed to be in effect for 90 days, in order to give the Administration time to implement tighter controls. I would say that those "controls" (or whatever they're really called), should be 60-70% on their way to being finalized at this point. Right?

No, both were blocked. It starts over when they are blocked.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Unless you mean they were just taking 90 days to lock the entire country down through secret ways? Not gonna happen.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Wasn't the first travel restriction set for 90 days in order to give the administration time to implement some type of new default immigration screening system? If so, that system can continue to be put together, regardless of what happens with the Travel Ban(s).

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

RI.

Rhode Island. Nice for him. Should we keep him or is he too dangerous?

Maybe BurgerBuddy;s best friend needs extreme vetting?

He's a citizen and very acclimated. lol.

He's a Deacon and is sad what Syria has turned into, same as me.

His daughter was just deployed to Iraq last week.

And I didn't say his dad was a refugee.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

This judge needs to be blocked when his re certification comes up from practicing law. this one was properly written and reviwed. it was totally compliant.

Ok how about this. All immigration is shut down for 5 yrs. only green card holders and tourist allowwed. Its time to play dirty.

US District Judges don't have any "certifications" come up. They are appointed by a President with the consent of the Senate. And your plan would block Albert Einstein, Robert J. Oppenheimer (who designed the bomb that won WWII), Leo Szilard (who wrote the letter to FDR that started the Manhatten Project), half the guys at Microsoft, Google and Apple.

Sounds good to me. And Oppenheimer was a prisoner basically. And I dislike google and apple.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

No, he didn't. Did you miss the last 10 pages of this and come back?

I read it myself. In summation he did say why and it was because of trumps words and action son the campaign trail. not the actual letter of the e law,which is how you decide a case.
edit on 17000000pppm by yuppa because: too rough needed to soften th ewords for snowflakes

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Wasn't the first travel restriction set for 90 days in order to give the administration time to implement some type of new default immigration screening system? If so, that system can continue to be put together, regardless of what happens with the Travel Ban(s).

It was, probably to make a worse one, knowing Trump. One would think those plans stopped when the first was blocked.

What do you think the plan is? that is a little creepy. I'll bite.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

You are 100% correct.

The first EO was only partly restrained by the courts.

The pertinent parts are in effect 100%.

But we are not supposed to talk about that !!!

Now everybody will be screaming louder

here's the "old" EO with the struck out parts

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join