It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Judge in Hawaii Has blocked Travel Ban Hours before it is to Take Effect

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
cnn

This ruling means that travelers from six Muslim-majority countries and refugees will be able to travel to the US.

Despite this changes, US District Court Judge Derrick Watson concluded that the new executive order still failed to pass legal muster.

This is a developing story, but the ban is, for now, blocked.
edit on 15-3-2017 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Despite this changes, US District Court Judge Derrick Watson concluded that the new executive order still failed to pass legal muster.

thanks cnn for the crazy informative article

aaah
you added that right as i posted it

edit on 15-3-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

so this judge used the ole wait till the last minute trick.
didnt someone else do that recently and still wind up not proving anything?

edit on 15-3-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Thank you Hawaii!

+21 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This judge was appointed by Obama, this is a purely political decision. This man should be held accountable if anyone from these countries comes in and commit crimes.
edit on 15-3-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This mickey mouse bullsh it need to stop, either let the president and his cabinet run the country and its policies or not at all.

This is a farce.
How about we prove why the travel ban is bad before we try to solve it...
Im anti "pro" almost everything, but how can we move forward if we keep getting stuck.
There are so many issues which affect all americans we could be focusing on instead of this partisanship tripe....

I hate to do this, but If this travel ban was enacted by say.. Obama, would this judge be doing this? Seriously.

Eta: before mentalists chime in and say obama wouldn't have enacted this travel ban, know that he has done far worse thatn this and got very little to no opposition from the left (sometimes the right too)
edit on 15-3-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Maybe 3rd time's the charm?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The lover of chaos in me cant get enough of this. But Im starting to ask what's next a lot more than Im comfortable with. Its like cliffhanger after cliffhanger on LOST

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
More treasonous obstructionism.

Dump all the "refugees" in Hawaii.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Trumps first official loss in this war. Trump is still winning tho.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

It gets old, it's one of Obama's guys. So this Judge can't think for himself heh? WOW. Maybe the Judge has valid reasons for blocking it. New York State, Oregon, Massachusetts and Washington State is also joining in on legal action. But hey they are all Obama men right?

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Half a million dead in Syria. The whole country is torn apart. Letting anyone in from Syria without proper vetting is a recipe for disaster.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

aaah

LOL, I think that's all they got fir the moment.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
a reply to: odzeandennz

Half a million dead in Syria. The whole country is torn apart. Letting anyone in from Syria without proper vetting is a recipe for disaster.

They were already being vetted. A process that takes a significant amount of time. When Trump says 'extreme vetting' is is no different from what has been done.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Good.

I wouldn't support this ban one bit... but without Saudi Arabia as a part of this ban it's credibility is absolutely zilch (as a philosophy anyway, misguided or not).

Sorry, but Trump can't originally reference 9/11 as a supportive reason for this EO (nor should he and his people have said over and over that he was going to pass a specific "Muslim" ban in his campaign) and not include the Saudis or try to deny that it is a "Muslim" ban.

+9 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This judge needs to be blocked when his re certification comes up from practicing law. this one was properly written and reviwed. it was totally compliant.

Ok how about this. All immigration is shut down for 5 yrs. only green card holders and tourist allowwed. Its time to play dirty.
edit on 17000000pppm by yuppa because: oppsie

link   

originally posted by: Jerseymilker
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

It gets old, it's one of Obama's guys. So this Judge can't think for himself heh? WOW. Maybe the Judge has valid reasons for blocking it. New York State, Oregon, Massachusetts and Washington State is also joining in on legal action. But hey they are all Obama men right?

No, he doesn't. And yes, they are. Sorry that the truth triggers you so much.

link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
This judge was appointed by Obama, this is a purely political decision. This man should be held accountable if anyone from these countries comes in and commit crimes.

Do you know this man personally? You assume every judge appointed by Obama will only make political decisions on rulings? That is a pretty broad stroke.

I'm just glad Trump can't just fire him.

+1 more 
link   

Suicide bombers can pose as refugees. Just today they killed dozens in Damascus.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
This judge needs to be blocked when his re certification comes up from practicing law. this one was properly written and reviwed. it was totally compliant.

Was it properly written? Are you a judge? A legal scholar?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: TinySickTears

aaah

LOL, I think that's all they got fir the moment.

i would like to read more but in the end the article pretty much summed it up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join