It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

female bassist mohini dey

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
im digging her..
just discovered her.
every so often i search musicians i love so just now i searched guthrie govan(probably the greatest guitarist alive imo) and i saw mohini dey on stage with him.
well if guthrie plays with someone i have to check them out...

i will be following her and just wanted to share a new musical discovery.

maybe she will reach divinity roxx, tal wikenfeld, or eperanza spaulding status in my personal book.

lets talk about female bass players or musicians period. why start another thread.

not going to imbed a lot of vids cause it makes pages load slow.

if youre into guitar, especially blues you should check out the sad sam blues jam. killer blues player named sadie johnson. she plays a lot with another girl named kirsta hess.

they cant all be positive in my book so i will toss in an lol at este haim....people seem to like her(and the band) and for the life of me i cant figure out why.

este does have the best bass face on the planet though

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
oh and mohini is only 21
hopefully she has a long career....

i have not seen much of her yet but enough to be impressed.
she impressed guthrie and that says a lot

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Do you just comb through YouTube and look for junk to bring to ATS? How about something of substance. Like ACTUAL conspiracy related information, alternative news, science, philosophy, important social issues, general corruption, non-partisan observations, etc.

ATS isn't being made great again by your threads, I can tell you that. I care too much about this website to see it spammed with threads containing YouTube videos with little commentary, substance and importance. BTS threads are great when there is a healthy balance of important topics.

This isn't Facebook. At one time, ATS took itself seriously.

I guess those days are over.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

this is the music forum.
i am talking about music

so yeah. feel free to take off.
im in a posting kind of mood so deal with it.

every day there are the same members posting the same # in the same forums so go cry in those or start a rant or something.
i would like to talk about music in this music thread in the music forum

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
Do you just comb through YouTube and look for junk to bring to ATS? How about something of substance. Like ACTUAL conspiracy related information, alternative news, science, philosophy, important social issues, general corruption, non-partisan observations, etc.

ATS isn't being made great again by your threads, I can tell you that. I care too much about this website to see it spammed with threads containing YouTube videos with little commentary, substance and importance. BTS threads are great when there is a healthy balance of important topics.

This isn't Facebook. At one time, ATS took itself seriously.

I guess those days are over.

I think this is suitable for that Will Ferrel meme....something about rapidly intensifying....

Anywho, this is the music forum and it certainly is music as subject matter. Nice post OP, it's nice to see unknown musical phenoms.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

thanks man
i see you bumming around the music forum too.

i just like to share my interests in music, especially new discoveries.
there is so much out there and it is impossible to consume it all.

i have come across several musicians/bands that i am totally into thanks to this music forum.

one that comes to mind is olga bell. i dont remember who mentioned her but i looked her up and i love it.

i cant find much mohini dey at the moment. lots of short little video collabs. i think she is not too popular yet outside of india.
i just read an article with her that said she is going to be working with quincy jones so that should get her some exposure.

then again she might stay not too well known except for people that go looking and of course other musicians.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

WTF you have been here since 2012 and didn't notice that this is the music sub-forum. Now that is a conspiracy in itself -

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

thanks for those clips

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I'm a music fan for sure and appreciate the little spot in ATS for it. The first video reminds me of how Meytal Cohen (sp) got started.

There is music for every style and taste and much is overlooked or unknown. It's awesome to be able to catch something new from time to time. Helps with motivation and inspiration for playing as well!!

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I'm a music fan for sure and appreciate the little spot in ATS for it. The first video reminds me of how Meytal Cohen (sp) got started.

There is music for every style and taste and much is overlooked or unknown. It's awesome to be able to catch something new from time to time. Helps with motivation and inspiration for playing as well!!

for sure.
i feel that for the most part, popular music(meaning # on the charts and radio) is not very good. of course not all of it but i think a great deal of it really has no or very little musical value to it.
the flipside to that is there is so much good # out there if you take the time to go look for it.

i do it all the time...like today i decided to type in guthrie. if he has something new i watch it. if there is someone up there with him i take note. i read the comments to see if people mention other musicians. i have come across a lot of musicians that i adore that way.
i mentioned olga bell. found her that way
tosin abasi is another one.....a total monster on the guitar. not very well known outside of musicians circles and people like me(us) that actively look for new, amazing stuff

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I've heard of Abasi. I think he got a deal with Seymour Duncan, been seeing quite abit of him lately. Followed Ghost for awhile before they blew up, felt like I was part of their ride and that was pretty cool. Rival Sons was/is another oft overlooked band. Outside of those, I usually don't catch a band until they are fairly big but I'm fairly passive about modern music for the most part. I have quite the songlist(s) for the time I have to listen.

Given all that, it is still nice to be pointed in the direction of new stuff.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

he is off the chain.
here is is at the duncan booth at namm

he plays an 8 string

a little less heavy

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Awesome ! Thank you for the clips. Have to watch her career closely. Reminds me of tal

Just saw Esperanza in DC would be big shoes to fill. She is a master of two instruments at the same time.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
Awesome ! Thank you for the clips. Have to watch her career closely. Reminds me of tal

Just saw Esperanza in DC would be big shoes to fill. She is a master of two instruments at the same time.

awesome.
my wife and i were going so see esperanza in cleveland not too long ago and we could not get a sitter so we missed it. i hope i can see her soon.
i have a thing for her at the moment. she is amazing.

check out her tiny desk concert

jinmi, that war guitar piece is pretty impressive. not everyone can do what he is doing

new topics

join