It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we stop a Tsunami ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

If I had the answer I wouldn't share it. Mankind might be the only species on the planet to fully understand the importance of the balance of nature, yet we show no respect for it whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I agree. It was a bad idea. That's what happens when I wake up way too early. I give out lots of bad ideas unless you're thinking of ways to cause lots of trouble.

Maybe if our military can think of a way to create mini opposing tsunami waves without radioactive fallout, something could work.

One crazy idea would be to build small mountains underwater that could be triggered to collapse in the event something in the Azores slides into the ocean which would wipe out the US east coast. I doubt people want to spend lots of money for something that may not happen in their lifetime.

I don't have that much knowledge about wave harmonics but I am wondering if you need a few extremely large opposing waves to mitigate a tsunami wave or if you could use many smaller waves to shrink the tsunami wave down to a small size if a tsunami started in the Azores and you started wave generators along the US east coast that could pulse in several smaller waves. It would still take incredible power to generate enough waves to counteract any tsunami.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: orionthehunter

Never heard that one
and now I know why.

<< 1  2   >>

join