It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Simple Two Part Question about Black Americans.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I am conflicted with your last reply advantage. I want to ask, Do you think the ACLU doing that awful practice of demonizing you because that's what the white community wanted, the black community, both or to a private agenda?

I personally think the people associated with the ACLU have taught themselves victim culture and black American's were the most disinfranchised when it was being implimented and through it's continuation. Now you can't get into the ACLU unless you how their beliefs maybe it's always been that way but a consideration I had for what you said above
edit on 15-3-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
double

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Edumakated
a reply to: Antipathy17

Full Disclosure: I'm a black guy.

Do black people detest white people? No. There are most certainly some black people who absolutely hate white people, but that is a very small minority. Detest is a strong word.

it really does not matter so feel free not to answer but
dont detest and hate kind of mean the same thing?

Detest and hate mean the same thing (or close enough). My point was that I don't think majority of the black community hates or detest white people. However, I do think the majority of the black community is suspicious of white people.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: scojak

I think the problem is that the voice of the black community's hatred for white Americans is a whole lot louder than the voice of the black community's adoration or indifference of white Americans.

Also, I can't imagine it would be easy for a black person who openly praises whites. They would no doubt be chastised. I guess it's just easier to hate.

So it may not be a majority or even a significant portion of the population, but the haters undoubtedly have the loudest voice.

I for one can't even recall having met a black person and being met with hatred. I treat them as a normal people (since they are) and they treat me the same (since I am).

Understandable and taken into consideration. While I may not have been listening to the media, I have seen this IRL. I specifically like to talk to non whites about race relations. I have been since I was about 16 (12 years ago) when my mixed niece was born. I just may have a skewed opinion from the people I meet but they've all mostly told me the same thing. Which is blanket statement "blacks detest white people".

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: Antipathy17

Ive watched enough vines to safely comment that both whites and blacks are insane. CRAZY. Racist? Yeah, cause they both dont realize how messed up they are. Not racist? Yeah, cause they both realize how messed up they are.

Im a reddish brown person and I approve all similar messages concerning whites and blacks being loonies and saying/doing some of the most idiotically hilarious stuff on the planet.

Lol. I've seen lots of dumb and ignorant people. I just can't believe that I've had such experiences in my life with black Americans that leave me impressed it's mostly a black on white issue. I mean I can believe it but it's a tough pill to swallow. I am not sold entirely either way and that's why the discussion is being held but your views are taken into consideration.

Well in all seriousness, blacks have been goaded into violence ( in these blm so called protests and etc) that all whites see is their "animalistic violence".. so its a prejudice... not necessarily a racism.. YET. People need to realize that you are fed what youre SUPPOSED to see to make your decisions.
Saying that Ive been involved in more racist issues with blacks than whites. Tribes have as well. In college as well.. with the ACLU. Its not the blacks in general I dont think. Its the "leadership" and spokesmen/women.. twisting the culture. Whites ssee this alone.. and it causes friction.

I disagree entirely. I've been left this impression long before the BLM existed. I think there are some forces in America that try to divide us by using the violent actions of individuals but I cant excuse that for my belief. Mine came from experience in all communities.

I was using the BLM coverage to illustrate a point.
They didnt use the video of the community leaders and clergy.. they used the lets kill whitey footage. Its an example of how you are fed information.
I was in college over 20 years ago in Mississippi and had issues withthe aclu demanding I feel oppressed due to my non white race. I have ONLY received issues from Blacks as far as racist attitudes, but its what they are fed as well.. who non blacks are.. who whites are. This can be remedied, but you cant do a thing about the divide when blacks are told daily in every media they are victims and are victimized by whites.

P.s please don't be the token black guy of my thread! I don't think the color of your skin makes you an authority but it sure as hell gives some authority to your perspective
it'd be nice to have more of ya here although many are probably lingering or chatting as ATS members and not a black guy. We need proper ethnical representation of all groups!
p.s I may be racial insensitive at times but I hold no racist beliefs.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

I am now a victims advocate.. friend of the court.. and in the summer I volunteer with inner city kids. Ive told about it on here before. Anyway, I live close to East St Louis, so I get some rough kids. Some kids with court ordered community service, etc. Majority are black. I play my little part in showing the truth. I married a white guy and he has some to do with what I do when he can. Former Marine etc. I swear to you.. most if not all of the racism and prejudice is only ignorance. Ignorance breeds fear. Fear breeds hatred. Hatred breeds violence.
Even dealing with the kids.. since Im not "white" I hear the "racism".. and I do my part to show the truth. This is ignorance from all media and their families who have been given this victim sickness. Its so self perpetuating that it really doesnt take much to get it fired up a times. Its taken out individually and in groups.
Its the same with whites.. but to a smaller scale these days. If the educational system keeps up their idiocy, it will get worse and more widespread with the whites.
I see chaos if this is allowed to go on.

Yes, there is a problem. YES it can be cured. However, no one wants to jump in the trenches to do that. When some do.. they have an agenda that isnt peace many times.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Ive watched enough vines to safely comment that both whites and blacks are insane. CRAZY. Racist? Yeah, cause they both dont realize how messed up they are. Not racist? Yeah, cause they both realize how messed up they are.

Im a reddish brown person and I approve all similar messages concerning whites and blacks being loonies and saying/doing some of the most idiotically hilarious stuff on the planet.

Lol. I've seen lots of dumb and ignorant people. I just can't believe that I've had such experiences in my life with black Americans that leave me impressed it's mostly a black on white issue. I mean I can believe it but it's a tough pill to swallow. I am not sold entirely either way and that's why the discussion is being held but your views are taken into consideration.

Well in all seriousness, blacks have been goaded into violence ( in these blm so called protests and etc) that all whites see is their "animalistic violence".. so its a prejudice... not necessarily a racism.. YET. People need to realize that you are fed what youre SUPPOSED to see to make your decisions.
Saying that Ive been involved in more racist issues with blacks than whites. Tribes have as well. In college as well.. with the ACLU. Its not the blacks in general I dont think. Its the "leadership" and spokesmen/women.. twisting the culture. Whites ssee this alone.. and it causes friction.

I disagree entirely. I've been left this impression long before the BLM existed. I think there are some forces in America that try to divide us by using the violent actions of individuals but I cant excuse that for my belief. Mine came from experience in all communities.

I was using the BLM coverage to illustrate a point.
They didnt use the video of the community leaders and clergy.. they used the lets kill whitey footage. Its an example of how you are fed information.
I was in college over 20 years ago in Mississippi and had issues withthe aclu demanding I feel oppressed due to my non white race. I have ONLY received issues from Blacks as far as racist attitudes, but its what they are fed as well.. who non blacks are.. who whites are. This can be remedied, but you cant do a thing about the divide when blacks are told daily in every media they are victims and are victimized by whites.

P.s please don't be the token black guy of my thread! I don't think the color of your skin makes you an authority but it sure as hell gives some authority to your perspective
it'd be nice to have more of ya here although many are probably lingering or chatting as ATS members and not a black guy. We need proper ethnical representation of all groups!
p.s I may be racial insensitive at times but I hold no racist beliefs.

Im not black as I said.

ETA and Im female..
edit on 15-3-2017 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Where in the Philly suburbs did racism not exist?

I ask because I grew up in the suburbs about 30 min north of Philly and there were mobs of black kids just going around and beating the crap out of any white kids they would find alone.

Racism in general is equal opportunity and can be found in any ethnicity. But my experience showed that the market for racist mob violence is securely cornered by African Americans.

Edit: This was back in the mid to late 90s.
edit on 15-3-2017 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Where in the Philly suburbs did racism not exist?

I ask because I grew up in the suburbs about 30 min north of Philly and there were mobs of black kids just going around and beating the crap out of any white kids they would find alone.

Racism in general is equal opportunity and can be found in any ethnicity. But my experience showed that the market for racist mob violence is securely cornered by African Americans.

Edit: This was back in the mid to late 90s.

Willow Grove, now in Lansdale. I didn't see much of the racism against whites you described in the burbs. I noticed a lot of the anti-white violence while in the city though I wont justify it, it makes sense. mostly in the city in the late 90's early 2000's and I just moved out again after being on 45th and Preston for 2 years.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Jesus tap dancing christ.....

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I'm white and there are plenty of white people I don't like. Not because they are white but because they are just a-holes. Does that at all help with your perspective?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I think we need to define "racism". We need to define "black" and "white". To me, racism is the belief that one race is inherently better than another, which is demonstrably untrue. However, I believe cultures, or parts of cultures, can be considered inherently better or worse than a comparable culture. Much of what we classify as racism, on both sides, is really a perception of a monolithic culture for each race.

I grew up in a home where racial and ethnic slurs were the norm. (I'm white). However, I never saw any of my family members ever treat a person of another race, ethnicity, or religion differently than they would their own. I had to make a conscious decision to stop falling into the habit of using such slurs as I grew up, or judging a person's actions as being mandated by their race as opposed to their culture, family, etc.. However, old habits are hard to break and it takes conscious effort. I can honestly say that my children, although seeing race, etc., never judge people based upon it. My oldest is married to man of African descent, my middle daughter's best friend is a transgender woman, and my son's best friend is first generation Vietnamese-American. (No, I do not consider myself a Democrat, nor a Republican for that matter. I'm liberal on some topics and conservative on others.)

The more we realize that racism is scientifically and morally wrong, the further we will get from racism. I know there are areas of the US and the world that thinks far differently than I do. But I just see it reducing at a quickening pace. I'd say if things continue going as it has been going, we will be in a post-racial society in a generation or two.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I'm white and there are plenty of white people I don't like. Not because they are white but because they are just a-holes. Does that at all help with your perspective?

ill go one better
im white and i dont like most people. not because of their skin color but because they are people
that does come back to your asshole theory though...

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

i think black and white are pretty well defined

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I disagree. The large majority of African-Americans are of mixed race. Tiger Woods took heat from certain so-called African-American leaders for not identifying as "Black."

You may recall an incident during the Obama administration where an African-American Harvard professor was "mis-handled" by the Cambridge Police (white officers). The President had a beer with the professor and the cop in the Rose Garden. That professor had his heritage checked and he's only 48% African descent.

Historically, in the South, one was considered black if one was 1/16th black. There are many people who self-identify as African-American who have very pale skin. So what is "black"?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: JinMI

ill go one better
im white and i dont like most people. not because of their skin color but because they are people
that does come back to your asshole theory though...

Fshhhh... Humanicist!

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
All this racial crap started after the crash of 2008. Before that it wasn't even on the radar.

In my opinion, it's amazing how people just roll with it instead of realizing that THIS ISN'T AN ISSUE BUT A DISTRACTION!!!!

PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR A##ES OR EVEN THE SAND FOR THAT MATTER!!

Ask yourself ....as diverse as America is, why are only two races, white and black, being put at odds with each other???? BECAUSE WHAT HAS WORKED BEFORE AS A DISTRACTION, CAN WORK AGAIN!!

THIS IS PSYOPS.

Ask yourself..... what are we really mad about? Has NOTHING to do with race and has EVERYTHING to do with the economy, and we have been given targets to deflect blaming ourselves for our own inadequacy or made to feel guilty for our own achievements!!!

CAN YOU KINDA SEE IT NOW???

CAN YOU???
edit on E31America/ChicagoWed, 15 Mar 2017 19:07:38 -05003pmWednesdayth07pm by EternalShadow because: add

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
All this racial crap started after the crash of 2008. Before that it wasn't even on the radar.

In my opinion, it's amazing how people just roll with it instead of realizing that THIS ISN'T AN ISSUE BUT A DISTRACTION!!!!

PULL YOUR HEADS OUT OF YOUR A##ES OR EVEN THE SAND FOR THAT MATTER!!

Ask yourself ....as diverse as America is, why are only two races, white and black, being put at odds with each other???? BECAUSE WHAT HAS WORKED BEFORE AS A DISTRACTION, CAN WORK AGAIN!!

THIS IS PSYOPS.

Ask yourself..... what are we really mad about? Has NOTHING to due with race, but we have been given targets to deflect blaming ourselves for our own inadequacy or made to feel guilty for our achievements!!!

CAN YOU KINDA SEE IT NOW???

CAN YOU???

I understand why it's a hot issue and that a lot of smoke is being used. I think it's played out and annoying too. I don't think it's discards the topic at hand though. I've been having these experiences longer than 9 years.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

And YOU will continually have problems CREATED for you as long as you're willing to buy into it.
edit on E31America/ChicagoWed, 15 Mar 2017 19:04:02 -05003pmWednesdayth07pm by EternalShadow because: a correction

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

And YOU will continually have problems CREATED for you as long as you're willing to buy into it.
I am very aware that I am possibly left with the wrong impression. I am opening it up for discussion here for discovery purposes. Thanks for being persistent. I've heard a lot of what you guys have said. I may seem argumentative but really I am challenging myself by challenging the rest of you.

At least this thread didn't turn into some hidden agenda *insert race* power discussion. I have to look up more facts. I just prefer talking to people about things than researching. I come back at a later time and review my pov.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join