It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Simple Two Part Question about Black Americans.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Do black American's detest white American's and how do we scale it?

There are a lot of factors as to why I ask. I am left with the impression that a large minority or small majority of black American's dislike us. I am not just saying "don't care", I specifically mean dislike.

I grew up in inner city Philadelphia where I've experienced a lot of racism. Most of the racism I've seen while living in philly in my youth was from my dad's family against non-whites. The severity on both sides was equal but the amount of white on black I saw was disproportionate because of being with racists. I moved out to the burbs where racism didn't seem to exist outside of personal space or whispers. The experiences I've had in the burbs allowed me to see many people just didn't care about the color of a persons epidermis. I've seen it through experience and through conversation. Racism in the burbs wasn't tolerated. Living in the burbs I grew up around far more white people than I did in the city where my 5th grade class I was one of 4 white kids. Racism seems to me to be more of a poor or under educated person's niche. millions of people live in those conditions and dare I say the majority of black American's do. Wouldn't that make black American's more susceptible to being racist? What I've noticed more than anything and have had said to me by the majority of black friends is, Black people hate white people. I've been all over the east coast through the cities and I've lived the trap life... I have a very decent amount of experience with poor black American's. I just wanted to see what others have to say. Verification is always accepted but not necessary

I was wondering why I am asking but I just found out myself. We need this conversation in America if it holds true.

Let's keep it civil and have some fun.
edit on 15-3-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

There are a lot of factors as to why I ask. I am left with the impression that a large minority or small majority of black American's dislike us. I am not just saying "don't care", I specifically mean dislike.

I

i would say 100% of course.

just like there is a large minority or small majority of white americans that dislike black americans

thought this was common knowledge

link   
Aint this a hot potato

link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

Do ~37 million black Americans detest white Americans? No. It's a stereotype.

Do they all love fried chicken and say, "Yo my nigga?" No. It's a stereotype.

Do white Americans talk like black comedians portray them? No. It's a stereotype.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

but do some blacks dislike white? yup

just like some whites dislike blacks.

i dont know why the question was asked...all one has to do is look around to see it

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

I

i would say 100% of course.

just like there is a large minority or small majority of white americans that dislike black americans

thought this was common knowledge

It's ironic. My experiences tell me that a minority of whites are racist. I am not saying you are wrong at all and you view is being taken into consideration. The majority of racism from whites that I've seen is usually just "hating" on someone and that's after years of watching my family beat non whites and mostly in the city. Someone leaves you with the wrong impression so you say the most disgusting thing you can to offend them even if you don't believe it, hating.

man I've had some #ty experiences : / lol

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Do ~37 million black Americans detest white Americans? No. It's a stereotype.

I've never heard of a stereotype that says that black American's as a whole detest white Americans. One of the reason I am asking now. Hell I'd probably have asked earlier if that was a common stereotype to me.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Aint this a hot potato

I prefer the hot topics. My hottest topic to date was about transgender people. Maybe this one will top it.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yup, I agree with your points.

The OP wrote 'Black people hate white people.' It's a generalisation - a stereotype.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
A little less than an hour and just a wee bit of the reasons that some people believe.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yup, I agree with your points.

The OP wrote 'Black people hate white people.' It's a generalisation - a stereotype.

i agree with that but to be fair he asked a question.
not the same as saying it as truth

either way

i get what youre saying and you get what im saying so.....

same paging it

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Full Disclosure: I'm a black guy.

Do black people detest white people? No. There are most certainly some black people who absolutely hate white people, but that is a very small minority. Detest is a strong word.

With that said, I do think black people as a whole tend to be suspicious of whites. What I mean by suspicious is that we generally hold no ill will towards white folks, but at the same time we always have in the back of our mind if white people are racist.

What is hard for some white people to get is that we are not that far removed from Jim Crow and segregation. My mother is old enough to have experienced going to "colored" restrooms. We are barely two generations removed. The scars and emotional baggage from that era just won't disappear over night.

On the other hand, I also believe the black community has bought into a destructive level of vicitmization and uses past racial wrongs as a crutch for current day failures.

I've often posited that America was actually too successful when it came to the civil rights movement in that we eradicated racism so fast that the black community in a way cannot believe it. It is almost like we refuse to believe that not all white people are racist. This is why we get posts like the OPs where white people can't figure out why black people think they are racists and why black people can't accept white people aren't racist.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Ive watched enough vines to safely comment that both whites and blacks are insane. CRAZY. Racist? Yeah, cause they both dont realize how messed up they are. Not racist? Yeah, cause they both realize how messed up they are.

Im a reddish brown person and I approve all similar messages concerning whites and blacks being loonies and saying/doing some of the most idiotically hilarious stuff on the planet.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

On the other hand, I also believe the black community has bought into a destructive level of vicitmization and uses past racial wrongs as a crutch for current day failures.

I've seen a lot of this too. Racial in itself but only racist if action is taken, I get it. A lot of the time that is the excuse I hear from black American's when being racist. Maybe I am associating those feelings with racism as well.

I probably wouldn't have payed any mind if the black people I know wouldn't have told me such. It's a conundrum. I have people here telling me one thing and the people around me / my own experiences telling me another. One consideration is the people around me have been genuine and black.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage
Ive watched enough vines to safely comment that both whites and blacks are insane. CRAZY. Racist? Yeah, cause they both dont realize how messed up they are. Not racist? Yeah, cause they both realize how messed up they are.

Im a reddish brown person and I approve all similar messages concerning whites and blacks being loonies and saying/doing some of the most idiotically hilarious stuff on the planet.

Lol. I've seen lots of dumb and ignorant people. I just can't believe that I've had such experiences in my life with black Americans that leave me impressed it's mostly a black on white issue. I mean I can believe it but it's a tough pill to swallow. I am not sold entirely either way and that's why the discussion is being held but your views are taken into consideration.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Lol. I've seen lots of dumb and ignorant people. I just can't believe that I've had such experiences in my life with black Americans that leave me impressed it's mostly a black on white issue. I mean I can believe it but it's a tough pill to swallow. I am not sold entirely either way and that's why the discussion is being held but your views are taken into consideration.

Well in all seriousness, blacks have been goaded into violence ( in these blm so called protests and etc) that all whites see is their "animalistic violence".. so its a prejudice... not necessarily a racism.. YET. People need to realize that you are fed what youre SUPPOSED to see to make your decisions.
Saying that Ive been involved in more racist issues with blacks than whites. Tribes have as well. In college as well.. with the ACLU. Its not the blacks in general I dont think. Its the "leadership" and spokesmen/women.. twisting the culture. Whites ssee this alone.. and it causes friction.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Well in all seriousness, blacks have been goaded into violence ( in these blm so called protests and etc) that all whites see is their "animalistic violence".. so its a prejudice... not necessarily a racism.. YET. People need to realize that you are fed what youre SUPPOSED to see to make your decisions.
Saying that Ive been involved in more racist issues with blacks than whites. Tribes have as well. In college as well.. with the ACLU. Its not the blacks in general I dont think. Its the "leadership" and spokesmen/women.. twisting the culture. Whites ssee this alone.. and it causes friction.

I disagree entirely. I've been left this impression long before the BLM existed. I think there are some forces in America that try to divide us by using the violent actions of individuals but I cant excuse that for my belief. Mine came from experience in all communities. Hell I haven't watched TV in 15 years because I can pick my sources and I don't feel i've channeled myself down this road.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Full Disclosure: I'm a black guy.

Do black people detest white people? No. There are most certainly some black people who absolutely hate white people, but that is a very small minority. Detest is a strong word.

it really does not matter so feel free not to answer but
dont detest and hate kind of mean the same thing?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I disagree entirely. I've been left this impression long before the BLM existed. I think there are some forces in America that try to divide us by using the violent actions of individuals but I cant excuse that for my belief. Mine came from experience in all communities.

I was using the BLM coverage to illustrate a point.
They didnt use the video of the community leaders and clergy.. they used the lets kill whitey footage. Its an example of how you are fed information.
I was in college over 20 years ago in Mississippi and had issues withthe aclu demanding I feel oppressed due to my non white race. I have ONLY received issues from Blacks as far as racist attitudes, but its what they are fed as well.. who non blacks are.. who whites are. This can be remedied, but you cant do a thing about the divide when blacks are told daily in every media they are victims and are victimized by whites.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I think the problem is that the voice of the black community's hatred for white Americans is a whole lot louder than the voice of the black community's adoration or indifference of white Americans.

Also, I can't imagine it would be easy for a black person who openly praises whites. They would no doubt be chastised. I guess it's just easier to hate.

So it may not be a majority or even a significant portion of the population, but the haters undoubtedly have the loudest voice.

I for one can't even recall having met a black person and being met with hatred. I treat them as a normal people (since they are) and they treat me the same (since I am).

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join