It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain has lost it completely.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Well you have made laugh so I guess I cannot be critical.

Ah crap my trouser gnome bit me.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

What he is seeing is that either way Russia is going to get to dominate another small country and the action of others are contributing to it. And the trouser gnomes distracted him as he wrote the speech.

Every body knows Putin calls him "shortie" in private.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
That's what you get with an 80 years old senator.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It is actually a fascinating question...

There are 21 members of the Foreign Relations Committee and it is Majority GOP...with several arguably far right GOP on the committee..

11 GOP and 10 Dems..

www.foreign.senate.gov...

Rand Paul was the only one to vote against Montenegro joining NATO..

Montenegro is a former Soviet Republic that is HIGH on Putin's hit list...

PODGORICA, Montenegro —

After multiple but unproven accusations that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia is working hard to destabilize America’s friends in Europe, a pro-Russian mercenary detained in Montenegro is slowly spilling his guts — and providing the first insider’s account of what the authorities in this tiny Balkan nation say were Russian efforts to sow mayhem.

The man, Aleksandar Sindjelic, a veteran anti-Western activist from neighboring Serbia, has become a key informant — and a suspect — in a sprawling investigation into an alleged plot orchestrated by two Russians to seize Montenegro’s Parliament building last month, kill the prime minister and install a new government hostile to NATO.

Mr. Sindjelic’s account of the events includes a visit to Moscow in September to plan the operation and details of the encrypted phones he was asked to use to avoid eavesdropping.

www.nytimes.com...

Strangely this happened in November..

Putin/Trump alliance ads unveiled in Montenegro…days after Russian militants were busted for ‘plan to kill country’s PM’
www.thesun.co.uk... nts-busted-for-bid-to-assassinate-countrys-pm/

Rand Paul started dramatically flip-flopping on Russia in 2014..
Rand Paul's Wild Flip-Flopping On Russia And Ukraine
www.forbes.com...

Then strange things like this...

Rand Paul Opposes Russia Probe Because Republicans Shouldn’t Investigate Republicans
www.politicususa.com...

DEFINETLY some strange behavior by Rand Paul...

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
McCain knows that Rand Paul will be Trump's successor in 2024, so he'd better get his digs against him in now while he's still alive and kicking.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If you put lipstick on John McCain, you'd get Nancy Pelosi.

Now *that's* a keeper!

Thanks!!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Let me ask you something... Does allowing party members "investigate" members of the same party make any sense to you? I assume that allowing the government investigate itself, which it does all the time, makes "sense" to you as well.... Just wondering how people make the leap that it's "sensical" at all. I don't view Rand Paul's view on that "strange" at all.
edit on 16-3-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: Added comment

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

Let me ask you something... Does allowing party members "investigate" members of the same party make any sense to you?

Yes...Country before politics?...Holy # yes...

I assume that allowing the government investigate itself, which it does all the time, makes "sense" to you as well....

So...Police should not investigate corrupt cops? Eliminate Internal affairs? DOJ should not prosecute bribery?
Not sure where to go with this ? WTF are you talking about?

Just wondering how people make the leap that it's "sensical" at all. I don't view Rand Paul's view on that "strange" at all.

OK...Hmmm...Imagine that someone is working for the Russian FSB...or taking kickbacks from company X...or someone killed their spouse...Now imagine them (D) or (R) and explain to me why that matters?
edit on 16-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Rand is definitely playing into Putin's hand. But I really really doubt it's intentional. Their views align, but for different reasons. Rand is isolationist. He hates NATO, but only because it costs the US a lot to be part of it. Putin hates NATO, because it blocks him from taking control, one way or another, of Russia's neighboring countries.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

Let me ask you something... Does allowing party members "investigate" members of the same party make any sense to you?

Yes...Country before politics?...Holy # yes...

I assume that allowing the government investigate itself, which it does all the time, makes "sense" to you as well....

So...Police should not investigate corrupt cops? Eliminate Internal affairs? DOJ should not prosecute bribery?
Not sure where to go with this ? WTF are you talking about?

Just wondering how people make the leap that it's "sensical" at all. I don't view Rand Paul's view on that "strange" at all.

OK...Hmmm...Imagine that someone is working for the Russian FSB...or taking kickbacks from company X...or someone killed their spouse...Now imagine them (D) or (R) and explain to me why that matters?
What I am saying is when it comes to political investigations, all I am in favor of doing it are INDEPENDENT councils. It's not hard to figure out what I am saying when you peer out from partisan bull.Trusting the Republicans OR Democrats to "investigate" themselves is like asking a kid who allegedly stole cookies out of a cookie jar to "investigate" themselves. If you think the two major political parties are going to put "country before politics," you're kidding yourself. They haven't over the last 30+ years. What do you suppose their judgment's going to be? Yeah...
edit on 16-3-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gmacev
Rand is definitely playing into Putin's hand. But I really really doubt it's intentional. Their views align, but for different reasons. Rand is isolationist. He hates NATO, but only because it costs the US a lot to be part of it.

I get the cost argument...but Montenegro is itty-bitty...I think it's total population is 600k.

It's a strange place for Rand to take a stand on NATO applicants...

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I think John McCain is a Manchurian candidate.
That is all.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
McCain is senile. Sorry, I know he was a POW and for that portion of his life, I give respect, but he's completely Batsnip crazy now.

I'm so tired of this "Russia, Russia, Russia!" crap.

I remember the Cold War days. The left were always beating their drums about the Soviets and how they were not our enemy, and we shouldn't be at odds with them. Now that they are not Communist anymore, the left has abandoned them. Now, all the sudden they are public enemy #1.

I'd rather be on friendly terms with Russia, than be at the other end of their nukes.

The leftie younglings don't know what it was like back then.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Rand Paul has responded.

Link

GEIST: So, Senator, a little context around that. The vote was around putting Montenegro into NATO. What's your reaction to Senator McCain's characterization of your objection?

PAUL: You know, I think he makes a really, really strong case for term limits. I think maybe he's past his prime; I think maybe he's gotten a little bit unhinged.

Paul makes a good point, and as Mike Krieger noted yesterday, the McCain outburst should alarm all Americans. McCain is accusing a fellow Senator of disloyalty and allegiance to a foreign power simply because he disagrees with him. It’s remarkably similar to what we saw Adam Schiff do a few months ago in an embarrassing interview with Tucker Carlson. It seems yelling “Russia” is simply the new strategy for clueless politicians when they can’t win an argument.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

I lost my fork. Those damned Russians must have took it.

Seriously, though, I think Paul summed it up quite succinctly.
edit on 16-3-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
McCain had his hands on the Trump Russia dossier so he probably is influenced by that. The intelligence community as a whole doesn't think Trump collides with Russia anymore though.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: SmilingROB
a reply to: Advantage

Well you have made laugh so I guess I cannot be critical.

Ah crap my trouser gnome bit me.

There is an over the counter medication to kill trouser gnomes.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
McCain is simply following the orders for his NWO war hawk cronies, who have guided him for decades.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I respect the man for his service. I just think that he was broken in the HH and Soros or someone with deep pockets figured out that they could use "pressure points" to make him a broken man again. He is not the same guy that ran for president.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If you put lipstick on John McCain, you'd get Nancy Pelosi.

Thanks for the nightmares.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join