It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comey will testify publicly on Russia investigation next week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Here we go. Next week hopefully this will all be put to rest but it leaves a great weekend news cycle.

FBI Director James Comey has agreed to appear at a public House Intelligence Committee hearing next Monday on the investigation into Russia's alleged meddling in the 2016 election, Chairman Devin Nunes told reporters Wednesday. Separately, Comey will brief the two top senators on the Senate Judiciary Committee later Wednesday.

Nunes said he still had seen no evidence to support President Donald Trump's claim that former President Barack Obama wiretapped Trump Tower, but added he was concerned about the possible incidental collection of the communications of Trump aides. "I don't think there was an actual tap," the California Republican said. “Are you going to take the tweets literally?

And if you are, then clearly the president was wrong,” Nunes said, adding that questions remained about other surveillance activities.

I am curious to see what 'leaks' when he talks to the Senate Judiciary Committee later today. Dianne Feinstein is the top DNC and she hates Trump. Realize, they are holding up committee votes for this including the Deputy Attorney General.

Even Mr Graham is involved...

Sen. Lindsey Graham, whose Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime and Terrorism held a hearing on Russian interference Wednesday, said the FBI has so far not responded to questions about whether it is conducting a criminal investigation into possible Trump campaign collusion with Russia. The South Carolina Republican noted that the FBI was planning to brief the leaders of the Judiciary panel behind closed doors, but said he thought the public deserved unclassified answers. “We gave the director until today to answer the question,” Graham said. “I still don’t have answers to those questions.”

My best guess - There is nothing there regarding Trump but he will implicate others. I remember someone saying someone will be in jail.
edit on 03pm31pmf0000002017-03-15T14:42:34-05:000234 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

edit on 03pm31pmf0000002017-03-15T14:43:15-05:000215 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Bah. Non-starter.

I'm sure there's "no intentional misconduct" or something, right? Not on Russia's part. Or Obama's. Or Trump's. Or anybody else.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
i can now use air quotes as a legal defense in a court of law. what is "evidence"...really....

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Just use the "define is" defense.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It'll be like every single one before...

"I have have no recollection of this"....

"I can not say... I'm not privy to this information"....

"I was not aware"....

"I'm not at liberty to answer that"....

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
i can now use air quotes as a legal defense in a court of law. what is "evidence"...really....

she did not intend to break the law...

never heard that before as a valid defense either...

got really nothing else to say on it without going on a rant about the current state of America.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
"Russia" will never go away now and it will be used as an excuse for everything. I have even been accused of "being Russian" and the hysteria will continue to grow no matter the outcome.

If they "Find evidence" the right will say it's a "Deep State" conspiracy to overthrow trump.

If they don't find evidence the Left will say it's a "Russian conspiracy" and everyone is on Putin's payroll.

If people really cared about any "Foreign interferences" or the Russians they would be researching connections on all political parties and people who have had or may have had communications/meetings/dealings/business etc. they would want research on past Presidents and cabinets as well as those that have Ran in the past

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

I am not condoning what Trump said if in fact it turns out to be garbage, but if you remember, a sitting president once used the same kind of defense. Something about not understanding the definition of the word "is".

But, should there be something to the "wiretap" claims, then Obama needs to be front and center to answer even if he obscured his connection by asking the UK to scrub his toilet.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Diane Feinstein and Chuck Grassley met with him this afternoon. Know what they said when they emerged?

They said the information is too secret to talk about.
That's it. Thanks for coming . Coffee and cake in the cafeteria.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

They must have found out Obama was/is involved !!

Maybe "Miss Classified" herself Hillary too !!

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Here we go. Next week hopefully this will all be put to rest but it leaves a great weekend news cycle.

FBI Director James Comey has agreed to appear at a public House Intelligence Committee hearing next Monday on the investigation into Russia's alleged meddling in the 2016 election, Chairman Devin Nunes told reporters Wednesday. Separately, Comey will brief the two top senators on the Senate Judiciary Committee later Wednesday.

Nunes said he still had seen no evidence to support President Donald Trump's claim that former President Barack Obama wiretapped Trump Tower, but added he was concerned about the possible incidental collection of the communications of Trump aides. "I don't think there was an actual tap," the California Republican said. “Are you going to take the tweets literally?

And if you are, then clearly the president was wrong,” Nunes said, adding that questions remained about other surveillance activities.

I am curious to see what 'leaks' when he talks to the Senate Judiciary Committee later today. Dianne Feinstein is the top DNC and she hates Trump. Realize, they are holding up committee votes for this including the Deputy Attorney General.

Even Mr Graham is involved...

Sen. Lindsey Graham, whose Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime and Terrorism held a hearing on Russian interference Wednesday, said the FBI has so far not responded to questions about whether it is conducting a criminal investigation into possible Trump campaign collusion with Russia. The South Carolina Republican noted that the FBI was planning to brief the leaders of the Judiciary panel behind closed doors, but said he thought the public deserved unclassified answers. “We gave the director until today to answer the question,” Graham said. “I still don’t have answers to those questions.”

My best guess - There is nothing there regarding Trump but he will implicate others. I remember someone saying someone will be in jail.

Well this line just scream "teeing it up" to me. So if anything comes out it will be all Trump aides that did it...nice set up Nunes...

but added he was concerned about the possible incidental collection of the communications of Trump aides. "I don't think there was an actual tap

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Diane Feinstein and Chuck Grassley met with him this afternoon. Know what they said when they emerged?

They said the information is too secret to talk about.
That's it. Thanks for coming . Coffee and cake in the cafeteria.

Then swiftly out to the tarmac to meet with Obama on his plane...LOL

Well that's cryptic.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Here we go! It's a loosing game for Trump either way. Even a few words can give the press enough make it a whole story!

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
TODAY is the day that Director Comey was supposed to say...

""FBI Director James Comey told Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) and Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) on Tuesday that he will confirm tomorrow (Wed 3.15.2017) whether the FBI is probing a connection between President Donald Trump and Russian officials, CNN’s Manu Raju reports.

Speaking with Anderson Cooper on Tuesday, Raju reported that Whitehouse and Graham were told in a private meeting that Comey will tell them “whether or not there actually is an investigation, ongoing, into the Donald Trump campaign and those contacts that allegedly occurred during the presidential election,” something the FBI director previously declined to do.""

Source: www.rawstory.com...

Reporter MANU RAJU must have been a top graduate from the CNN school of FAKE NEWS creative arts! Why the CNN website removed his big fake announcement/article today, is a mystery.

p.s. To be fair to MANU, there's still almost 5 hours left before the day has ended on the East Coast.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: joshysway
Here we go! It's a loosing game for Trump either way. Even a few words can give the press enough make it a whole story!

And this is exactly what is wrong with the dems...give them a few words and they make a story...its like MadLibs...or those books from my childhood where you could pick an action out of 3 or 4 and flip to the page where that action begins and change the storyline...

Hopefully the 20th will end this once and for all.

top topics

join