It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poland confirms 98-year-old Minnesota man was Nazi commander, seeks extradition

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   
So sad the taste for vengeance that some seem to have.
Just becasue you CAN do something doesn't mean you should or that it will even make one bit of difference.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I wonder what the victims would say? Vengeance, or justice? Is the age of the suspect the defining factor, the time that's gone by?

Sometimes the line between the two is blurry.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: residentofearth
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

As a Pole whos family survived massacres on the east, I only want fair trial. There is no death penalty in polish law and anyway he will die soon so only thing I want is just him facing his true face in front of families and Our society.

It is sad that he is 1 of 100000 which fleed from Europe and never face the justice.

Forgive, do not forget

You do know if you dont forget you truly have not forgiven right? Point is he would not get a fair trial either. countries who say that usually are lying. not its people but the leadership are usually lying. A fair trial would be decided by a robot and no jury. just facts.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Hi Burdman do you have any links on the Japanese atrocities you spoke about that we could read?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Polish journalist who's living in NY and few words about Karcok. Eng subtitles included.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
He's already been found unfit for trial.

Apparently he has Alzheimer's.

Yeah, found unfit by the German investigation. The Poland courts are still in the process of deciding whether or not to put a warrant out for his arrest. A warrant has been requested. If granted, the Polish government will then formally request extradition from the US.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
So this man is accused of ordering the killing of civilians and burning of villages in Poland, perhaps under orders from higher ups, and the US dropped 2 atomic bombs on highly populated cities killing conservatively quarter of a million men women and children.....

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
After reading the article they seem to have very little REAL evidence. The evidence they do have DOES say he was an SS Officer in a self defense unit. SADLY I do believe in occupied countries that Nazis hd control over they sought out individuals who were willing to some ver bad things. Most of that in general centered upon jewish communities. WITHOUT question Germans rounded up individuals who were jewish both in Germany and in areas they later occupied.

I am indeed swayed that Holocaust was been exaggerated and exploited beyond the actual scope of the real world abuses now taken as fact. BUT the rounding up of jews, taking of their property and being place in camps is very real.

IN America today even in my rural community I have witness police abuse against alleged hispanic that very much parallels the mindset of germans in 1940's. I listen to my extended family and in the past to my coworkers. It then very easy to imagine what haven to the jews could just as easy be repeated today.

Injustice no manner how long ago must be made right. I personally would not support him being deported if later found guilty. Even at his age It is hard to justify a prison sentence.

A side note a US marine i served with a another Marine who father did served in Germany military during ww2. He was captured as POW in the first years of the war as SS Commando on sabotage mission in Britain. He spend 10 year as POW several years after the war was over. He later got and addition 2 years for being a SS Officer. He was later allowed immigrate to America were he married and had children. he never denied being an SS officer. The Israel kidnapped him in 1982 and he was sentence to life in prison.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join