It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poland confirms 98-year-old Minnesota man was Nazi commander, seeks extradition

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Poland will seek the arrest and extradition of a Minnesota man exposed by The Associated Press as a former commander in an SS-led unit that burned Polish villages and killed civilians in World War II, prosecutors said Monday.

98 y/o Nazi Commander living in Minnesota, US

Wow that's pretty crazy. I always wonder how many Nazi escaped and are still around... His name is Michael Karkoc and led the Ukrainian Self Defense Legion which attacked and killed people living in Polish villages in the Lublin region; more specifically the Chlaniow and Wladyslawin villages

This man would haven been a bit young to lead a SS led unit, right? If so, impressive in a way. His family denies all allegations but authorities say they know "100%" that its him.

I apologize for the source it wasn't the original article that alerted my phone but am in a bit of a rush at work. Just found this very interesting and didn't see it while browsing recent threads. I will try to find and post a better/no so laggy-adverty source if someone doesn't do it before I get the chance.

EDIT: www.rt.com...
another source. bit more information and even a picture of the man.
edit on 15-3-2017 by JakeR777 because: edit

edit on Wed Mar 15 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edit to use source title

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JakeR777

This man would haven been a bit young to lead a SS led unit, right? If so, impressive in a way. His family denies all allegations but authorities say they know "100%" that its him.

if he is 98 he was born in 1918, in 1944 he would nave been 26. not to young to be a lieutenant or other jr officer.
2016-98 =1918 1944-1918=26
edit on 15-3-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

ETA: damn i'm a year behind should be 2017-98=1919 1944-1919=25 still not to young

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Never to late to answer for your crimes.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Never to late to answer for your crimes.

Especially crimes against humanity as a lot of the Ukranian SS types were guilty of

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
He should be deported to Poland so he can face the justice he has evaded for over 7 decades.
edit on -050001pm3kpm by Ohanka because: missed a word out the first time around.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

So what do people here think should happen to this guy? I'm curious....genuinely

Graffik

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

So what do people here think should happen to this guy? I'm curious....genuinely

Graffik

Fair trial and if guilty, spend the remaining years of his life in gaol.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: GraffikPleasure

He should have to answer to the families he had a direct link to in the 40's.
His name should have his deeds attached to it forever.

Obviously jail is a joke.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
He's already been found unfit for trial.

Apparently he has Alzheimer's.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

depending on his mental state and if he does have Alzheimer’s. he wouldn't be able to contribute to his own defense and not understand what was taking place. he wouldn't even understand the punishment if found guilty.

now if sane and fully aware and remembers, hang his ass.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Oh okay thanks! im not too familiar with the average age for any military ranks.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

depending on his mental state and if he does have Alzheimer’s. he wouldn't be able to contribute to his own defense and not understand what was taking place. he wouldn't even understand the punishment if found guilty.

now if sane and fully aware and remembers, hang his ass.

I say leave him be and let him live out the rest of his life.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

As a Pole whos family survived massacres on the east, I only want fair trial. There is no death penalty in polish law and anyway he will die soon so only thing I want is just him facing his true face in front of families and Our society.

It is sad that he is 1 of 100000 which fleed from Europe and never face the justice.

Forgive, do not forget

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Deported/extradited , evaluated to deteremine whether he is fit for trial will be the most likely opinion!

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

if he is 98 he was born in 1918, in 1944 he would nave been 26. not to young to be a lieutenant or other jr officer.
2016-98 =1918 1944-1918=26

ETA: damn i'm a year behind should be 2017-98=1919 1944-1919=25 still not to young

Also times were different back then. At 25 you were already a man most likely with a family and property. Not like today where at 25 you're trying to figure out what do do with your life.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

That says a lot about you (saying you do not wish to see him face the death penalty; I'm not so sure I could be so merciful) considering the crimes he is being accused of. I assume you would feel the same way if he is convicted/found guilty?

I hope you see justice for your family!

edit on 15-3-2017 by JakeR777 because: edit

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

doesn''t suprise me,i'd expect that from you.
so your fine with someone getting away with a massacre if found competent. what about all the lives that he took, or ordered to be taken? they didn't get the chance to live the rest of their lives. where's the justice in that?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

If he's found guilty, then shoot the ####ing Nazi.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Hes 98 years old, its kinda pointless to send him to Poland now. He had to live with all the crap Germany forced him do during the war. If he really was an "evil" person, he would of been found decades ago.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Me too. In prison.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join