It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper Iceberg Black--This Guy is On Fire.. On His Own Beats Too.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
YES, another new rapper who can get me excited for the genre all over again! Meet Iceberg Black, aka Tesfa the Twin, who hails from Crown Heights, Brooklyn. He has been producing music since 2014, but just now flew into my admittedly weak radar. His beats are gritty and I just love his sound.

Let me know what you think!

edit on 15-3-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I know, i know it´s about the music(which is not as bad as most of the Rap stuff nowadays), but those spider leg skinny jeans...

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

LOL, ugh, skinny jeans!
Better or worse than the hanging off the behind style in your estimation?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Not really my thing, I find most hiphop is uninspiring and cartoonish these days. With the exception of the recent Mysonne freestyle I haven't been genuinely excited by anything new since Saigon first dropped.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Well we could definitely agree on Saigon and Mysonne (haven't heard his new joint.. thanks).

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

youtu.be...

He bodied it!!

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Thanks for that.. hadn't seen anything I liked by Mysonne for a few years. Yeah, he's real dope. One of the best freestyles I've heard!

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Not feeling this one. Sounds too samey and generic imo.

I've been listening to the wide collective of La Coka Nostra for a few months. They're filling the hole left by Wu Tang.

There's also a guy who's been coming up in the UK called Loyle Carner - great album. He's making some classic hip hop records with good lyrics and beats. Brits will hear a lot of Skinnyman in there and that's a compliment; he's good.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Nice, thanks for sharing! I really loved that beat, too.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

He's good isn't he?! Only got into him by accident.

Flatbush Zombies are usually worth a listen too. Different style altogether, but you'll like them if you haven't already heard them.

I generally get into the New York and East Coast hip hop way more easily than others. Not sure why. They resonate with the music and the rhymes. What do you think? Have you noticed a preference in your own tastes?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Cool, I'm listening to Flatbus Zombies right now..they're really good!
I am definitely a fan of NY rap above all, and as the founders and for the (sometimes) gritty sound they can't be topped. Brooklyn alone put out so much talent. I loved the innovation of g-funk etc on the West Coast too, though, and think a lot of great rappers come out of the Bay area. Chicago would be maybe third place for me.. then Texas

Oh and Atlanta lol, for Outkast alone but Goodie Mobb is also really good!
Ha, you opened a can of worms with that question!

Which NY rappers are your favorites?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Texas? Send me some links

I've got a soft spot for any quality UK hiphop since it started. Been into that NY vibe since the late 80s without realising where it came from. They've got the poetry of rap down.

Nothing against the West Coast either.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

You're in for a treat!
Now that I'm thinking of it, Texas may be my #3 over Chicago..

Thanks again for the new music!

Agreed, starting with Rakim and Eric B, KRS, late 80's.. NY has it locked down! Almost

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Lol

I remember 'My Block' and had a bunch of versions that were awesome. Didn't know it was a Texas thing. Makes me want to drag out an old hard drive. There was one that I played to death for months. It was grimy and low-key like the Tupac remix, but dirtier.

UGK were cool. I wasn't big into them and only had a couple of albums that didn't catch fire. Your vid link has stirred the interest though and they'll be getting played again this week.

D.O.C. remind me of Pharcyde and The Goats. Quality stuff.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Oh man, D.O.C. was one of the best before he had his throat crushed in a car accident. Still ghost wrote a bunch of songs.

I'm excited to listen to The Goats.. gotta step out for a little but I'll let you know what I think (they're new to me!)

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I'm excited to listen to The Goats.. gotta step out for a little but I'll let you know what I think (they're new to me!)

They nailed it in that one album and didn't match it again. Must be 4-5 serious bangers on there.

Thanks for posting the thread. I've got some good music off it including Mysonne from Magna

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Thanks kandinsky.. So glad I posted!

Thanks for adding great music to the thread! Glad you stopped in even though Iceberg wasn't exactly your thing (I can see why, too).

Listening to The Goats now and loving it. The second track reminded me of refrain on this soundtrack to one of my favorite old movies-- Portrait of Jenny-
Wonder if they sampled it?
ETA- This vid has some pretty rough cuts.. woah. But the first part gives a good intro into this eerie but gorgeous film.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Ehh this is alright, as for new stuff id rather listen to some horseshoe gang, slaughterhouse, real hip hop not trap soundin rap

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

If you like mysonnes freestyles, you should look up ness lee hes dope... Same as dizaster if u wanna see somebody get bodied

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Scamzarilla

lol, so far the consensus is that this is only marginal to most ears. . oh well I do dig it.

Thanks for telling me about ness lee! Will go check him out now.

Man to bring dopeness back to this thread I'll post some Loaded Lux.

Oh yup ness lee is real good.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join