It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans want Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: DBCowboy

Graham has his nose so far up McCains ass and neither one has a friggin clue what regular Americans want. Term limits could be the real solution and using those two for the poster would sure go a long way to passing it.

I just wish that all the #heads that keep complaining about heath insurance would offer some ideas instead of just complaints. I know plenty of irritable women I could call on to complain if that's all we needed. If you aren't part of the solution, you are a large part of the problem.

Well, considering likely fully 50% of all healthcare costs are just to line corporations pockets I would say start there, drug costs escalating at fantastic speeds, all of this has been carefully planned out.

Congress has been held at gunpoint forever, its just considered everyday business now.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

while you are totally correct in that Republicans have had the opportunity to come up with a better plan for 6 years now, Obamacare has been failing for all of those 6 years and Democrats also had the same opportunities to come up with a sound solution. In this case, "the Government" dropped the ball into a fresh pile of dog #. So left/right/middle, all are doing nothing but complaining. But don't you worry, Congress has a sooper nice plan, so those guys are all squared away.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Graham said he doesn’t think the bill will pass. “You’re not going to get 60 votes to buy insurance across state lines. That is a fantasy in the Senate. If you think that is important to healthcare reform, it is never going to happen in the Senate,” he stated.

dennismichaellynch.com...

This just pisses me off. This is why I can't stand republicans or democrats.

The bastards in DC don't want us to pay less.

They were screwing us over with Obamacare, now instead of stopping the rape of the American people. . . they just want to change positions.

Weasel-assed bastards.

Its because they all own stock in Aetna and BCBS and all the other carriers. I wouldn't be surprised if 10 years from now there is a class action lawsuit against big healthcare providers for price fixing. They will be fined 500 million which is their quarterly revenue and continue being the slime they are.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

What you call Obamacare was massively watered down/screwed because the republicans insisted on it or it would never have been passed - they effectively made Obama change it to suit what they wanted or it would never have happened.

What are you smoking? Obamacare passed without a single Republican vote. The Democrats didn't NEED a single Republican vote.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: uncommitted

What you call Obamacare was massively watered down/screwed because the republicans insisted on it or it would never have been passed - they effectively made Obama change it to suit what they wanted or it would never have happened.

What are you smoking? Obamacare passed without a single Republican vote. The Democrats didn't NEED a single Republican vote.

Right, if I type more slowly will that enable an idiot to read what I wrote? Where in my post did I use the word 'vote'? I can't see it once, can you?

www.theatlantic.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Oh, you believed that the GOP had a workable, viable solution on deck? By this point, billions of dollars have been spent on anti-Obamacare propaganda and "repeal Obamacare" has been spoken billions of times and yet, for all the rhetoric, the TV ads, etc — little to nothing was done toward coming up with a replacement.

That's setting aside the fact that if the Republicans had good fixes for real shortcomings, they should have proposed that legislation during the last six years.

Why is this? It's easy to use Obamacare to fire up right-wing voters but actually solving the problems with Obamacare or more to the point, addressing the issues that the PPACA was supposed to fix, is actually super difficult and not something likely to be accomplished in one fell swoop. In case you forgot, this is what things were looking like that led to PPACA in the first place:

Making it much worse, there's a whole lot of money poured into lobbying by affected industries.

I don't know what you're worried about though! Trump said back in January that they were putting the final strokes on a plan that would give everyone "great" insurance and lower deductibles across the board. Clearly he wasn't just talking out of his ass.

Nice graph but You know damn well that workers earnings have not kept up with inflation.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder

I've said it a million times. We need term limits for congress and we need to reign in all the damn lobbyist.

Imagine the scrambling that would go on if term limits were applied right now. If Trump really wants to shake it up he would do it right at the start if his next term. I think right now he has so much to deal with that posing this would cause immediate chaos.

On topic...this is exactly what Trump said in his interview last night...all of the dems will down vote it and it will be Seattle to get majority from Republicans.

The major thing I picked up on during that interview is the way he spoke about both parties like he didn't belong to either. I found it commendable.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Graham said he doesn’t think the bill will pass. “You’re not going to get 60 votes to buy insurance across state lines. That is a fantasy in the Senate. If you think that is important to healthcare reform, it is never going to happen in the Senate,” he stated.

dennismichaellynch.com...

This just pisses me off. This is why I can't stand republicans or democrats.

The bastards in DC don't want us to pay less.

They were screwing us over with Obamacare, now instead of stopping the rape of the American people. . . they just want to change positions.

Weasel-assed bastards.

Sounds to me like Graham is achieving the objectives of Vladimir Putin to bankrupt the US. He must be working for Putin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join