It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans want Obamacare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Graham said he doesn’t think the bill will pass. “You’re not going to get 60 votes to buy insurance across state lines. That is a fantasy in the Senate. If you think that is important to healthcare reform, it is never going to happen in the Senate,” he stated.

dennismichaellynch.com...

This just pisses me off. This is why I can't stand republicans or democrats.

The bastards in DC don't want us to pay less.

They were screwing us over with Obamacare, now instead of stopping the rape of the American people. . . they just want to change positions.

Weasel-assed bastards.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I've said it a million times. We need term limits for congress and we need to reign in all the damn lobbyist.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
They need to work on that plan more or it may become just another Obamacare. Obamacare was a flop, the basis of it was bad and now it is hard to change because people got hooked on it. But wait, in a year it will be too expensive for people who do not make a decent wage to afford anyway. It is going to lose a lot of people who can't pay the premiums.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Graham has his nose so far up McCains ass and neither one has a friggin clue what regular Americans want. Term limits could be the real solution and using those two for the poster would sure go a long way to passing it.

I just wish that all the #heads that keep complaining about heath insurance would offer some ideas instead of just complaints. I know plenty of irritable women I could call on to complain if that's all we needed. If you aren't part of the solution, you are a large part of the problem.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Why do people keep voting him in? The people in Washington could care less about us. Graham isn't worried about me or you. Never was, nor is anyone else there.

Scrap it and put it in the trash or do nothing but stop playing with my life. Either do it right or don't do it!~

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I really hope Trump has the wisdom to squash this insanity. The "establishment" republicans want this and it is just another subsidy trainwreck. Worse, if they implement this, then the Republicans will OWN this health-care nightmare going forward, basically absolving the Democrats from the blame.

Rand Paul has a much better plan.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Can anyone explain the argument against allowing insurance across state lines?

Genuine question as i am not sure I get that part of the debate.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Graham and his establishment repubs,I believe,have no intention on even repealing Obamacare.All they want is something to bitch about.scumbags.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Establishment Republicans are the ultimate corporatists, more so then democrats.

It's really no surprise they're in favour of Obamacare, a terrible piece of legislation that is for all intents and purposes welfare for the vulture like insurance industry.

If I recall correctly it was originally proposed by the ultra-conservative Heritage Foundation.

Establishment Republicans opposed Obamacare solely because it was pushed by a Democrat. If it was put forward by one of their own they'd be all in behind it, exactly what we're seeing now.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

There is no argument against it. The issue is that a large segment of the populace doesnt want to take control of their own healthcare or be responsible for their own well being.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Oh, you believed that the GOP had a workable, viable solution on deck? By this point, billions of dollars have been spent on anti-Obamacare propaganda and "repeal Obamacare" has been spoken billions of times and yet, for all the rhetoric, the TV ads, etc — little to nothing was done toward coming up with a replacement.

That's setting aside the fact that if the Republicans had good fixes for real shortcomings, they should have proposed that legislation during the last six years.

Why is this? It's easy to use Obamacare to fire up right-wing voters but actually solving the problems with Obamacare or more to the point, addressing the issues that the PPACA was supposed to fix, is actually super difficult and not something likely to be accomplished in one fell swoop. In case you forgot, this is what things were looking like that led to PPACA in the first place:

Making it much worse, there's a whole lot of money poured into lobbying by affected industries.

I don't know what you're worried about though! Trump said back in January that they were putting the final strokes on a plan that would give everyone "great" insurance and lower deductibles across the board. Clearly he wasn't just talking out of his ass.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Trump could actually do some good but the bastards in both parties will just wait him out until he's gone and go right back to screwing everyone over.

Term limits is a must! But no one in congress would ever pass it.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Graham said he doesn’t think the bill will pass. “You’re not going to get 60 votes to buy insurance across state lines. That is a fantasy in the Senate. If you think that is important to healthcare reform, it is never going to happen in the Senate,” he stated.

dennismichaellynch.com...

This just pisses me off. This is why I can't stand republicans or democrats.

The bastards in DC don't want us to pay less.

They were screwing us over with Obamacare, now instead of stopping the rape of the American people. . . they just want to change positions.

Weasel-assed bastards.

I'm not sure why you are so surprised. What you call Obamacare was massively watered down/screwed because the republicans insisted on it or it would never have been passed - they effectively made Obama change it to suit what they wanted or it would never have happened. Given that, why would they want to scrap what they had pushed for?

You reap what you sow.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

There is no argument against it. The issue is that a large segment of the populace doesnt want to take control of their own healthcare or be responsible for their own well being.

Not really clear how restrictions on cross state insurance has anything at all to do with personal responsibility.

My point is if it is impossible to get legislation passed allowing cross state insurance there must be some justification used for that. (Regardless of the justification is accurate or not).

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Just don't get that confused with the people who cannot, or unable to.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Why would they want us to pay lower premiums and prescription prices, when the pharmaceutical & insurance corporations donate large sums to their campaigns (on both sides of the isle)?

Until there are term limits, true limits on corporate donor money, & politics is rendered something one has to get into solely out of the desire to serve their fellow citizens rather than as a lucrative business proposition, neither side is going to change this reality. Some progress can be made, things can be made harder or easier for people (though, which people will fluctuate with the party in power,) but real reform will not be forthcoming imho until those boxes are ticked.

And it's in the financial interests of virtually everyone in Washington - even many with good intentions who don't believe they're corrupt - to prevent that from ever happening.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
1. I do not want to pay for another persons roof, car insurance, college education. I'm confused as to why I should be forced to pay for their addiction to medical intervention. Health is not a right. If I was to pay for anything, or subsidize anything, it would be healthy food, dental care and eye care, all of which are ignored by this entire fiasco.

2. Insurance for the car or house DOES NOT pay for maintenance, only major accidents. So either health "insurance" is not insurance at all, or folks need to start demanding their oil changes, tires and AC coolent charges should be covered by Geico. Need a new bathroom hit up your insurance company, just like when you need a new nose, or a new pain pill.

3. In case someone has failed to notice. The "Republican" opposition to the Obamacare was FAKE FAKE FAKE! The "oh, this bill will kill business, goes against what our constituents want blah blah blah" was all fake rhetoric with no real meaning. Why? BECAUSE THEY WOULD NEVER HAVE TO PUT UP! Now that trump has said, "put up" they quickly went and hid, saying, "oh, well, you know, when we knew we didn't have the votes, we could pretend to hate it, but in fact we worked hand in hand, hours on end, with the democrats to make this Obamacare what it is, this is OUR BILL!" "Now, please don't ask us to kill it, we WROTE IT TOO!"

You are now seeing how the system works. It is easy to say, "screw that" when you are not going to be asked to put up.

4. Medicare. Make 0-20,000 and you do not pay. Make 20-50 and you pay 200 per month. Make 50-100 and you pay 300 per month. You get basic care, if you want more options, you can get private insurance. The reason this was never offered is NOT the insurance companies, but THE MEDICAL UNIONS: Pharma #1, Hospitals #2 and Doctors #3. They are the wizards behind the curtain here. Pharma can now charge 100 dollars for a pain pill and get it without a problem, because when the price goes up, the insurance goes up, but the pill gets paid for. So the 70 million people addicted to pharma drugs will make sure those who are not addicted will subsidize the addiction forever. Genius/.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: FauxMulder

Trump could actually do some good but the bastards in both parties will just wait him out until he's gone and go right back to screwing everyone over.

Term limits is a must! But no one in congress would ever pass it.

Trump could actually do some good by making unsupported statements that have no basis in reality? It's already up to the states whether or not they will allow the purchase of health insurance from out-of-state providers. In fact, there are five states where this can be done right now.

What is really being pursued is federal law that would prevent states from blocking out-of-state plans or imposing regulations on plans from out-of-state providers. It's being touted as some sort of silver bullet and it's not.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

There are already states that allow out-of-state insurance companies to offer plans to their residents. The problem is the insurance companies know that it will drive-up costs to enter a new market and will not be able to provide an affordable, competitive plan. That's why the insurance companies have yet to cross state lines, even though they have the opportunity.

www.rwjf.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join