It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just hate politics so much I just can't stand it anymore

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
If I hear someone say the American people have to "wake up" or that we need "common sense" in Washington one more time I will puke. All politics are BS. Besides most people think their own opinions are facts so what's the point of talking about it anyway. Nobody ever changes their minds. And almost everything that is talked about has absolutely nothing to do with my life in any way shape or form.

There are two sides of the political spectrum. People who like the way things are right now. And people who want change for whatever reason. Some people want change to make things more fair. Some people want change to make things more unfair. Either you are for change or you are not. So my question to you is what has really changed in the last 10, 20, or even 30 years? Practically nothing. The top 1% continue to increase their total percentage of wealth in this country. The people in power are very happy with exactly the way things are right now. Why have any change at all? Every year the median worker's wage is driven deeper and deeper into poverty wages.

I hear people complain about federal taxes all the time. But taxes can't be too bad in this country because wealth inequality is at record highs! Again, what difference does talking about politics actually make?

There are laws that enslave men and there are laws that set them free. The problems with our country are not rocket science. The lobbyists force the politicians to pass laws creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing. The people who pay the lobbyists are the REAL citizens in this country. Money talks, everything you and I say is BS. The rest of us common blokes have absolutely NO representation. That is my opinion. That is NOT a fact.

edit on 15-3-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typos

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
If I hear someone say the American people have to "wake up" or that we need "common sense" in Washington one more time I will puke.

You need to wake up!!

See that little pile of common sense over there? Pick some up and rub it on yourself.

Couldn't help it. Got pics?

ETA: And I pay a stoopid amount in taxes every year. More than my college edumacated daughter earns. And then there's the other 'dues' I'm expected to pay. I hear you, but do you hear me.

Every time there's progress ... It's me that's paying more. You might wonder why I'm something of a curmudgeon.
edit on 1532017 by Snarl because: ETA and frikkin' autocorrect

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I feel ya.

* puts plastic bag over face *

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I hate Politics too.

GO TRUMP!

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
So your saying 99% has less power than 1%? I'd take the 99% in a knock-down drag-out if i was a betting man. Good odds.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hey dont think its just a problem in the USA, look at the UK currently, polotics and stupidity are not exclusive to any 1 nation, power corrupts, favours been made, deals struck and BS spin to recycle.

My opinion is most people are well balanced, with differences on some subjects, but elected officials now just seem to represent the far left or right or north or south or in or out.

No matter when you are born, things are always going to look better when you put on your rose tinted BUT these poloticians seem to have lost any sense of the mistakes of the past, and every nation just seems to be getting more and more divided.

Wake me up when we can play nice again.

Anyhow its sunny for once in the UK, i am going outside

Peace N-joi

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I very much doubt that you hate politics in general.

Its only the existence of political discourse which stops people just shooting everything which displeases them, which would unfairly benefit the psychotics and the bastards in the world, as a system of conflict resolution.

I can however, understand fully your dislike of the politics engaged in by professionals in the field.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme
So your saying 99% has less power than 1%? I'd take the 99% in a knock-down drag-out if i was a betting man. Good odds.

Agreed, but the problem is that they're mostly asleep at the wheel right now.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I very much doubt that you hate politics in general.

I really do hate politics and in general. It serves absolutely no purpose in our lives. Back in 2003 I protested the Iraq war. I went to Washington and marched. Not because I have any love for rag heads. I'm just sick and tired of us spending so much money on bombing brown people. But what difference did it make. We dropped 23,000 bombs in 2015 on 5 predominately Muslim countries. Who cares.

My mother and wife were so into politics with Trumps election. My mother has been brain washed by Fox news. My wife who has never been into politics started the last few years. I just hate it. As soon as someone starts talking politics I just walk away. I'd rather chew on my nails or take a dump.
edit on 15-3-2017 by dfnj2015 because: typos

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I only know a single person within three years of my age earning more take home pay as I pay in taxes each year- and he's family.
Why do you think that is?
I'm college educated, he's a high school drop out- and last year he earned a bit more than me.

I'm sick of politics too, but they define our lives.

There are no laws that set us free. Laws only exist to punish and enslave.

You want some common sense? We don't currently know how many laws there are in this country. There's no way to count them. The highest paid judges and lawyers don't know all of the laws, or even how many laws there are.
Common sense would get that list down to about a dozen.

I'm tired of paying half my income to taxes that only feed the flame of broken politics.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

ETA: And I pay a stoopid amount in taxes every year. More than my college edumacated daughter earns. And then there's the other 'dues' I'm expected to pay. I hear you, but do you hear me. Every time there's progress ... It's me that's paying more. You might wonder why I'm something of a curmudgeon.

Don't forget the property taxes that darn near match what you are paying for your house, where you pay for roads, schools, fire departments, and every other official and parcel.

Yet us tax paying folk are being painted as the bad guys. Everybody wants our dimes, but none of them want our two cents.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

There are no laws that set us free. Laws only exist to punish and enslave.

The 13th Amendment. Government has a role in defining commerce.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

ETA: And I pay a stoopid amount in taxes every year. More than my college edumacated daughter earns. And then there's the other 'dues' I'm expected to pay. I hear you, but do you hear me. Every time there's progress ... It's me that's paying more. You might wonder why I'm something of a curmudgeon.

Don't forget the property taxes that darn near match what you are paying for your house, where you pay for roads, schools, fire departments, and every other official and parcel.

Yet us tax paying folk are being painted as the bad guys. Everybody wants our dimes, but none of them want our two cents.

My healthcare policy premium per month is more than my mortgage.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I'm tired of paying half my income to taxes that only feed the flame of broken politics.

It really doesn't matter what you pay in taxes. What does matter is the purchasing power of your take home pay. And as long as there are laws creating cartels and monopolies what you pay in taxes is irrelevant.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

The 99% doesn't know how (nor even has the capacity if it did) to fight. The ability has been stripped from them through indoctrination, intimidation, and medication. Sheer numbers are useless from a position of total impotence.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

The 99% doesn't know how (nor even has the capacity if it did) to fight. The ability has been stripped from them through indoctrination, intimidation, and medication. Sheer numbers are useless from a position of total impotence.

It's not that I have apathy. It's just that how many years has it been where each year I think it can't get any worse and then it does. If you are in the top 1% everything is GREAT!

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Lol. At least in some of the cities ive lived in i can say the 99% would do quite well. Lots of fighters and real psychos out there. Not as many scared kittens as you would think believe it or not

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

The problem is that the common people don't act, they react. By doing this, they don't realize it, but they are being led and controlled by the very same people they hope to fight against.

The common folk, don't want to be seen as unreasonable, they think they can sit with decorum, common sense, love and compassion, and they will be listened to, and their concerns addressed.

Not in their wildest dreams will this occur. The common folk need to find a way to get the 3% to take up their banner. The 3% don't have any qualms about looking like fevered idiots or breaking the law.

We either have to change our tactics or the way we think. Otherwise, we will keep on yielding the same old results.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If people would quit with the 99% vs the 1%, most of the rest of the 99% could be happy like me and my wife. My wife and I together ballpark about $55k annually. We will never be in the top 1%, nor are we aspiring to be. And to be honest, we could care less what those 1% are doing with their lives. We have never played the "keeping up with the Jones's" game (see "Don't Let the Joneses Get You Down" by the Temptations), and I suspect we are both happier and healthier for it! We also don't get wrapped around the axle on who pays their "fair share" of taxes. If someone paid $30 million in taxes, does it really matter what percent that was? All that said, we also understand there are truly needy people in this world...not those that want free everything, but those without a roof over their head or food to eat. That is where we choose to focus our efforts and our charitable donations, be it money, food, clothing, or our time.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

LOL, If I paid as much in taxes as you do, I'd think I'm part of the problem, not the solution. You want to feed the beast of this government that much money, thats on you.

Me........I dropped out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join