It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dog from God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Exactly! But people have to come up with these things to affirm their own views, or disbelief... I find that in most cases those who fight the hardest against it are the ones who believe it or want to believe it the most.

A good friend of mine claims he doesn't believe in God or anything really, yet he visits his mothers grave and speak to her. States he doesn't believe in God yet is angry at God for taking her. The reality is he is afraid that if he believes in God then he's going to feel guilty for being so angry at him for all of these years.

And people like my sister who says she doesn't believe in God yet when things go wrong she's the first one to ask why God let it happen...

I don't know. I tried to stop looking for those answers and just try to be the person I was meant to be in this life.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Agree!

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Scorpiogurl

I'm not angry at all, you seem to have misinterpreted that.... And please believe me, I do not wish to belittle your beliefs and your system of beliefs... I merely like to offer an alternative explanation...

for instance, your explanation of the dog being "sent" to you is quite a large jump.... I admit, in your eyes this came at just the right time, (retrospect is a beautiful thing), but could it not be that this company just happened to be sending out random advertising? this seems the most obvious conclusion to me... I tend to use Occams Rzor in situations like this, and that states that the simplest explanation is generally correct.

Would it not be the simplest explanation that they were merely sending out advertising and you got it? This is standard practice for companies in a capitalist system as I am sure you are aware...

In answer to your question, yes I am searching for something... the truth! Unfortunately religion has never provided me with answers of substance. Religion has only treated me like a child in the past, telling me I must believe, that I must not question, that I must not think for myself, that I am not worthy of understanding. This goes against all I believe in...

Any belief system whether it be religious or not should be open to scrutiny, should be open to questioning.... Any system that isn't appears suspicious to me....

Same as with any subject, "follow the money".... A LOT of money to be made out of believers these days...

So, in conclusion, I completely support your right to believe what you wish, but you must understand that my inquisitive nature compels me to question the unsubstantiated claims of others......

Just one more thing... This "everything happens for a reason" thing.... this has always confused me.... This is the same as fate no?

If EVERYTHING happens for a reason, then this suggests that god does indeed control EVERYTHING, so your claim above that humans do the bad stuff is not correct. God allows evil to exist, this is the sensible conclusion.... Or are you seriously claiming that he is only responsible for the good stuff?

I've been told before by believers when mentioning this, that we have free will, and that god doesn't actually control ANYTHING... It's all on us.

So answer this, why pray then? What good does praying do if god does not affect the material world?

this has confused me for some time... Please explain?

Thanks...

Good day to you...

PA

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Thank you for your post. I lost my dog after 20 years of unconditional love so I know how it feels to lose a beloved pet.

I want to get another dog but life has been throwing one obstacle after another at me, making it impossible at this time, because I won't have a single month where I will be in one place long enough for the little fella to settle in.

I learned after many years of chasing my own backside two very important things.

1. No is an answer.

2. Life, it comes with ups and downs.

We humans seem to think that it is God's job to answer our every prayer. When we think he has failed us, we look down. When we want something from God we look up.

When all is going well we pridefully boast of "our" accomplishes, The moment something bad happens we blame God.

I am not a religious person. I feel that religion is a man made system used by way too many to control the masses. I do believe in God and while I have had some mega drama in my life, true block buster material, I have lived to see some of the results of my trials and tribulations, and to be grateful for them.

I would never compare myself to what Christ endured in his end days and his experience with the cross, but I do know many of the pains he suffered, and since I do not consider myself entitled to a painless life without travesty, injustice, hunger, or death, I do rest assured in the fact that there is a God that is there for me, even when I don't understand the why of things.

I have even learned to rejoice when he says no.

edit on 15-3-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: PerfectAnomoly

I'm sorry I took your inquisitive nature as being angry or bitter. If you and I were talking in person I'm sure I would have received the right message. I'm glad you're not angry.

I like the idea of Occam's Razor as well and you have to consider that the simplest explanation to you might not be the simplest explanation to me. At the time, the simplest explanation is that God threw me an option to my problem, he threw me a bone so to speak, I went for it. The end. In my mind it doesn't get anymore simplistic.

I used to drive my self bat-# crazy searching for the truth behind everything. It wasn't until the day I accepted that some questions will never be answered and some things just shouldn't be questioned. I am in love with the mystery of this life and of this world. If I had all of the answers, why would I get up every and continue on with my life? What would be the point?

If your religion has treated you like a child, telling you what to do... you should find a new religion
I was born and raised Catholic but am not one today. Here is my religion... I fully believe in and love God and he loves me. When I'm happy, I thank him. When I'm angry, I yell and swear at him. When things go right, I give him credit for helping me choose the right path. When things go wrong, I thank him for giving me the resilience and patience I need to get through it and look forward to the lesson or options at the end. I agree with you that any belief system should be open to scrutiny. But again, I have a hard time explaining my faith or where it even comes from. I feel like I was literally born with God in my back pocket, he's just always been. I don't just believe based on what anyone told me or anything I read... I mean I feel it profoundly in my heart. Sometimes I feel so much awe and so much beauty and spirituality when I look around this world I have no words that could come close to describing or explaining how I feel. And it absolutely breaks my heart when others can't, or don't feel what I feel.

In my opinion "every thing happens for a reason" is not the same as fate. We have options and choices in every situation. Based upon our faith, our belief, our whatever... we all have the ability to make a choice. No matter what choice we make, the end result - the fate - is there, good or bad, right or wrong. God doesn't cause bad things to happen and he doesn't cause good things to happen but he's given us choices and options and the will to make good or bad things happen.

I hope that makes some sense. I don't know the answer, this is just how I interpret it. I am not a bible reader and I am not a church goer either. Everything is based upon how I've always felt inside.

Why do I pray? because it gives me an outlet to talk about my inner most feelings, desires, dreams, wishes, thoughts... It gives me a chance to create my own reality and my own future with my thoughts and my words. I believe that both God and I are creators and that anything we dream can become a reality. Again I hope this makes some sort of sense.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Morning! Well, I certainly don't agree with most of what you say! Lol... And your interpretation of Occams Razor is interesting to say the least.... But do you know what...

I am glad that my questioning of you elicited such a beautifully written and conceived post.... I admire your spirituality and your enthusiasm for it and for life in general, it is wonderful to behold. I am also slightly jealous of your belief system which brings you so much joy and grounds you so effectively.

I thank you for your advice that I should find a new religion, but I am afraid you misunderstand my predicament... It's not that I once followed the wrong religion, it's more the systems themselves and the way they works that I have a problems with... Oh, and all the wild unprovable claims of course!

The sort of answers I am looking for can only be found with scientific inquiry and critical thinking....

If I was forced to join a "religion" however, I would choose Buddhism... It represents more of what I believe.... for instance...

It is based on the teachings of a mortal man, not those of an invisible, unprovable deity...

It teaches us that we are equal and no more important to all other animals on this planet, something that I support strongly. All other religions teach us that we are the rulers and conquerors of this planet and that all other animals are subservient to us.... I can never get on board with that...

Anyway.. Have a good day!

PA

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Oh I love BubbaDukeButterCup! LOL! Dogs are wonderful.. much more than just man's best friend.

my parents ancestry their folks lived WITH dogs.. they were a part of life and worked along side the people.Hunted, babysat,were companions, and packed gear in the times they were nomadic. They hadnt seen horses but when they did the word in our language translated means big dog or elk dog. LOL! There are MANY MANY legends, stories and beliefs involving dogs. Imitaa.. dogs... are gifts and helpers and brothers to man.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: PerfectAnomoly

Good morning!
I think it's good that you don't agree with most of what I've said. If you did, this would be a wicked boring discussion! haha!

Thanks, I understand what you mean about religions being systems. Personally I don't know why we have to label religion in the first place. Sure, I believe in God.... but there are dozens of religions that do. Just because the - man-made-up-rules - vary from one specific religion to the next does not mean that mine is better or worse than anyone else's. Does it?

How about instead of following a specific religion we just be human and follow what we were born with...

Be kind, be humble, smile, be friendly and caring and gentle with each other and with our words. Like... do good deeds for crying out loud. Instead of questioning every little thing and fighting every little thing for "Stuff"... just enjoy life. I mean take a walk in the woods and actually BE in the woods instead of thinking about what you're going to do next...
Ugh.. blah, blah, blah, sometimes I get sick of hearing myself talk (or seeing myself type). You know what I mean.

I love Buddhism. Aside from my base-line beliefs I fully believe in nature, karma, oneness. As a holistic nutritionist I fully believe that this world and all its species are meant to live in harmony with each other. There is something natural in this world for every sickness, illness, problem, etc. that one may have. But that's a whole other topic for another day LOL!

My dream is to go to Tibet someday and wander among the monasteries and engage in Tibetan Buddhism.

I don't want to get into the 'Where's the proof' topic here but I will say on thing. When people tell me there's no proof of God. I ask them to look around. I mean look around at the world. No the BS going on IN the world but at the world. At nature, animals, life. Have you ever witnessed a sun rise so breathtakingly beautiful that it just brings tears to your eyes? That's the only proof I need.

You have a good day as well!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Oh I couldn't agree more!

I'm sure you've read the Native American story about animals at the gates of Heaven? If you haven't, please do! It's wonderful!

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scorpiogurl

I'm sure you've read the Native American story about animals at the gates of Heaven? If you haven't, please do! It's wonderful!

Rainbow bridge?? Even though its claimed to be NDN legend, I dont think thats NDN... not that Ive ever heard anyway. All NDN Nations have different beliefs and "religions" and etc.. I know mine.. Blackfeet Confederacy.. and some Sioux. Waaay too many Nations in the US and Canada for me to keep up with everyones beliefs and stories. LOL!

Right now I have a Staffy and a hairless Chinese crested. We rescued a Choc lab during a middle of the night call from a LEO friend of the husbands.. who just recently we had to put down. So its just the 2 dogs now.. and though I understand and get along with the Staffy, that darned 8 lb hairless menace is like a tumor on me.. I cant get away from him. LOL! Theyre quite unsightly dogs.. hideous really.. but Ive never met a more loving.. or stalkerish... animal in my life!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Advantage

originally posted by: Scorpiogurl

Rainbow bridge?? Even though its claimed to be NDN legend, I dont think thats NDN... not that Ive ever heard anyway. All NDN Nations have different beliefs and "religions" and etc.. I know mine.. Blackfeet Confederacy.. and some Sioux. Waaay too many Nations in the US and Canada for me to keep up with everyones beliefs and stories. LOL!

Right now I have a Staffy and a hairless Chinese crested. We rescued a Choc lab during a middle of the night call from a LEO friend of the husbands.. who just recently we had to put down. So its just the 2 dogs now.. and though I understand and get along with the Staffy, that darned 8 lb hairless menace is like a tumor on me.. I cant get away from him. LOL! Theyre quite unsightly dogs.. hideous really.. but Ive never met a more loving.. or stalkerish... animal in my life!

No not the rainbow bridge one, it's the one where it's believed that every animal a person has encountered over their life-time is as the end of the bridge you cross to get into Heaven, and they judge you based on how you've treated them. With all of the horror stories about animal cruelty I so hope that's true!

Sorry you had to put down your dog... it's heart breaking but the wonderful relationship you have while their alive makes it all worth the pain of loss.

I had two amazing huskies, a male and a female. Not related but only one year apart in age. They were magnificent and beautiful and mysterious. Never could train them properly as they both were so independent and had a wild side. Not a loyal breed at all but awesome companions just the same. My Bubba now... he's a piece of cake, so smart. I swear I can tell him something with my mind and/or my eyes and he "gets" it. He's loyal and very protective of me, my husband, his home... he loves and respects his home and is just such a good boy. He's an excellent trail runner too!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join