It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Denounced As Racist For Wearing US Flag Colors

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Ahhh jeezus, people are so triggered by nothing nowadays. A bit of colored cloth, in my day heroes wore it with pride for different reasons and nobody cared...

Abbie Hoffman

Evel Knievel

You guys do realize the real subversion here is to destroy the historical past? Last year it was the rebel flag, nativity scenes, next year it will be books, eventually people.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Patriotism - or spinning nationalism? Funny how a story can be about whatever you want it to be about if you just don't bother to fact check

Your 3 sources don't mention this:

Students at Valley High School issued an apology to North High School of over tense interactions that occurred during a school basketball game.

The students opted to issue an apology without being forced or asked to do so, and many attendees said the shouting of racial slurs (and not the wearing of patriotic colors) was what fueled the dispute.

But an unrelated post on the Facebook page of North High School was rapidly besieged by out-of-state commenters who had read claims the rival team was “forced to apologize” for wearing patriotic colors, while self-identified locals asserted the apology was about the behavior of Valley High students who chanted “deport them” during the event:

Commenters asserted that “racial slurs” shouted by Valley High students (not their “USA clothing”) was what prompted the apology, which was neither demanded nor requested by North High students:

Plenty more to read at the link

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

OR they are trying to clean up a story...

Why didn't they mention statements....they mention red, white, and blue. Easy to change the story once you look like you're anti-American.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

OR they are trying to clean up a story...

Why didn't they mention statements....they mention red, white, and blue. Easy to change the story once you look like you're anti-American.

God knows - no true red white and blue American high school students would ever, ever say such things at a game - right? It just couldn't happen

Spin it how you need for it to be Martin. Spoon full of sugar with your flag in the morning - whatever it takes to help choke it down

edit on 3/16/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: repeating...

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis
I'm not spinning just wondering why in the interview with the other team coach not once does he mention racist statements being made. He talks about the clothes and colors.

You can believe whatever you want. I will listen to what they said first before the backlash.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

You can believe whatever you want. I will listen to what they said first before the backlash.

Suit yourself - whatever gets you through the night Marty

I know there's usually more to a story - especially lately
edit on 3/16/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

There needs to be a facepalm emoji on ATS.

Patriotism and racism are two very different things. Look at sports-if I wore a cowboys jersey to an away game in Seattle does that make make teamist? If I ordered a cup of tea at a coffee shop does that make me an anti coffeeist?

There is no crime in showing pride in your nation, but that is no excuse for being an @$$hole to those who are different. If you disagree with someones beliefs? go ahead, Just remember we are all one race and whether you are Asian, Black, Caucasian or Middle Eastern we can all agree that we need to fight global stupidity.
edit on 16-3-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1

So let me get this straight .....

Lets do that...

some refugee students complained about others wearing the American flag colors ...the colors of a flag that the refugees are suppose to be embracing as as their new home and country ?

WHERE? Where did you see the refugee players complaining?
Please link me to the refugee players quotes, or videos complaining?

Then they need to go back to their previous country and embrace that . ..and take the teachers who made the students write an apology with them ! ..Get out and don't come back !

"They"....THEY are Americans...don't like it...then don't let the door hit you on the ass..

You seem to have lied and claimed that the players were complaining?

When in reality this looks like a FB drama by people that don't live there..Fed by a news media selling division...and the students choosing to clear up confusion rather than play along..

But it sure TRIGGERED you and similar posters as intended....Fed your "Go back to your country"..backwoods bigot nonsense just as planned.
edit on 16-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

There's a ton of outrage on this thread

Ya think?

but we only have half a story.

As per usual.

But yes I agree you should be able to be proud of your flag if that's your thing.

Apparently it doesn't matter unless someone else decides that flag has to be your thing, too.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This site is getting more pathetic everyday. What happened ATS?

I come here out of habit but it is a habit I'm trying to break. Still the eternal optimist, I've held out hope to see the return of ANYTHING not related to the right or left.

You guys remember that one member who used to make the Mars anomaly threads? Yeah they were rocks but good god it was so much better than a page of crybabies from both sides chucking sh*t back and forth.

I used to look forward to reading Phage debunk and open minds and now even he has joined in these threads of...of I don't even know what to call them anymore. Complaints, whining.

We need a new forum: Left and Right Play Pen and ALL politics, nationalism, globalism, etc should be confined to there.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good political conspiracy but this has gone on for to long and has gone to far, ATS.

Let's get our site back to the days of old.

Such a disappointment and let down.

ETA: ironically I come off as whining and complaining about whining and complaining, but you guys and gals know what I mean hopefully.

I just miss a front page full of wonder and debunking things that are unexpected, unexplained, etc. /rant or nostalgic dreaming.
edit on 3/16/2017 by ManufacturedDissent because: Added a sentence

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Wolfenz

WTF are they Here! if that is the case? yeah going to the Enemy for Refuge !

I said "Refugees" like as in non combatants, women, children....

"where America has been involved" I did not call America the aggressor...Is English not your first language?

3x as much since the invasion of Iraq and Kuwait

So you call yourselves Invaders...well you answered your own dilemma

OMG !! your so delusional...

ok Refuge

a condition of being safe or sheltered from pursuit, danger, or trouble. "he was forced to take refuge in the French embassy"

www.dictionary.com...

you must of missed that in English and Social Studies in Junior High and English is my Main Language.

a Refugee seeks Refuge..

usually they are the aggressor or Savoir's or Both in the Same Country's like Iraq and Afghanistan

and for Syria depends what side they are on.

Answer my Own dilemma?

Well depends of How The Country Sees it. A invader is sometimes thought as a Savior
in the Eyes of a Person that is in a dominate Dictatorship Country.
although The Iraq Citzens Opinions Varied .

Some Refused to become Drones "just Smart Enough to operate Machines" and just Delusional Enough
to Worship the Quran and Believe every word . as the Rule of LAW. Sharia Law for one,
those Muslims are the one's that are upset offended seeing the American Flag.
yet they come to the Land that has that same flag.

Just maybe we wouldn't be in this Mess if Britain and the USA
had not hand Land to Surviving Jews
in the mid 1940s. where it all started ,
Israel

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
These kids MUST be Russian sympathizers, they need to be investigated by the deep state!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: PerfectAnomoly

hahaha...I like people that blow their own trumpet...they're an anomaly (not)....but your defence is accepted
edit on 17-3-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Morningglory

Great story, however like I said if every American makes the statement that every grandfather or father died for the flag then where did the next generation come from. You don't see your statement as being absurd?
You perhaps need to study the power and manipulation of symbols to fully understand the hoodwink going on. Or do you honestly believe that every Administration of the USA or any other country for that matter has fought different wars for the lats 200 years for the same "ideals" as sold to the populace in the fervor of Nationalism. Its illogical. Is every military action a "just war"?

From what I gather Australian women welcomed US soldiers with open legs LOL.

So in line with the absurdity of your statement are you implying that all the Americans born today have some Australian blood in them. I mean after all their ancestors fought and died in "just wars"

Or are you saying all Australians are "whores"

Thats about as silly as me saying that you should apologize to every Japanese citizen alive today instead of just the victims of Hiroshima or Nagasaki for the heinous act of using atomic bombs at the conclusion of WW2.

And judging from some of the posts on this thread most are asleep as to how they are manipulated into thinking they are fighting for a flag when in fact they are fighting for the Bankers and the corrupt Administrations that never put their own children in harms way

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Morningglory

Here's an interesting read. Americans in Australia

PS I didnt read your link initially...I am aware how if it wasn't for the Americans (MaCarthur) we would have been finished. Churchill and our Prime Minister Menzies were going to sacrifice part of Australia
(The Brisbane Line en.wikipedia.org...)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

WTF are they Here! if that is the case? yeah going to the Enemy for Refuge ! make a lot of sense?.

Do you think before you type...there is a difference between combatants and refugees

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

I am Aussie but I wouldn't wear a flag to a funeral.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Some Refused to become Drones "just Smart Enough to operate Machines" and just Delusional Enough to Worship the Quran and Believe every word . as the Rule of LAW. Sharia Law for one,

What you mean like the now non existent assembly line workers of Detroit motor manufacturers? or the Bible Belt conservative Christians who believe in Young Earth Creationism.

Now if you want to talk about WMDS that where never found (Illegal Invasion of Iraq) and yet the radicalization continues...but carry on

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: choomsuba

These kids MUST be Russian sympathizers, they need to be investigated by the deep state!

LOL the Deep State is your friend....LOL

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Sounds to me like the team fans dressed in red, white and blue were using the colours of the American flag as a weapon to make a political statement. There is enough evidence that the dress was accompanied by chants.

I am all for patriotism and celebrating a countries heritage and culture, but not as a way to claim some form of superiority over others.

I am also not sure why the American flag was used for a domestic game. The USA was not competing in the game. I have to say, if I went to an Arsenal, Man Utd, etc. game in the UK and one set of fans were wearing Union Jacks I would find it odd. We have had some issues where fans of opposing teams sing Rule Britannia when playing a team with a lot of foreign players.

Like I said, patriotism being used as a weapon and when it happens, it's obvious.
edit on 17/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join