It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have the "Name That Movie!" challenge to beat them all for you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
My husband and I had been reminiscing about good movies we'd seen together, and remembered one that neither one of us can remember the name of, or the actors in it. It's also no help that we only saw it once, in 2004, so the plot's a little vague now.

The best I can remember of it is a man is living out in the boondocks in the mountains, I want to say this is set somewhere in the Appalachian region. He lives with a woman, whom I don't remember being anything other than a servant, caretaker or perhaps platonic companion? There was nothing romantic about them at all. She had an odd accent, one of her most distinct pronunciations was calling him Meester instead of Mister. Examples being "Ok meester, I'll go do that now" or "Thank you, meester."

They were land hold-outs in the region, it had something to do with planned flooding for I think a utility company. The planned flooding and company were tied directly together, the guy and his odd-talking friend weren't going anywhere, and the company was none too pleased with them & made it known through occasional contact.

I have no idea when this was filmed. We watched it on Hallmark in '04, one of those oddball flicks you find channel surfing and end up liking.

Whatever it's worth, it wasn't a chatty/loud/noisy movie, it's overall atmosphere was quiet. There were stretches between dialog just showing daily life for them in the mountain boonies with no speaking.

Happy digging! This one's been a bitch to try to google.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

You can try here, www.whatismymovie.com...

are you sure it was a hallmark movie?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sakrateri

You can try here, www.whatismymovie.com...

are you sure it was a hallmark movie?

Already tried there, it's not Wild River or Northfork, or anything else that popped up. For what it's worth,I think this might have been an 80's movie based on the picture quality.

No idea if Hallmark only showed their own flicks back then or not, but it definitely aired on Hallmark, we started checking the TV guide regularly to see if a description matched it on the channel again. Never did

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Was it... Where the Rivers Flow North?

In 1927, in Kingdom County, Vermont, a large dam is to be built; however, Noel Lord, a logger and cedar-oil harvester, won't give up his lifetime lease on land that will be flooded. The dam company increases its offer of cash, but Noel refuses. He asks for a trade: a stand of pines for his lease. The company rejects that deal but offers to make Noel a ranger in a new park. Noel, meanwhile, talks with his Indian mate, the spirited Bangor, about their moving to Oregon and buying a saw mill. She wants him to take the company's money; he's pig-headed. Is Noel headed for confrontation with the company and the law or can Bangor prevail to affect a truce?

www.imdb.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 3-15-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Was it... Where the Rivers Flow North?

In 1927, in Kingdom County, Vermont, a large dam is to be built; however, Noel Lord, a logger and cedar-oil harvester, won't give up his lifetime lease on land that will be flooded. The dam company increases its offer of cash, but Noel refuses. He asks for a trade: a stand of pines for his lease. The company rejects that deal but offers to make Noel a ranger in a new park. Noel, meanwhile, talks with his Indian mate, the spirited Bangor, about their moving to Oregon and buying a saw mill. She wants him to take the company's money; he's pig-headed. Is Noel headed for confrontation with the company and the law or can Bangor prevail to affect a truce?

www.imdb.com...

www.youtube.com...

AHH, THANK YOU! That's it! Holy smokes, it's been forever since we saw this one, hubby's going to be elated to have the title now, he loved it

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I've never seen it. Thank my Googling! Haha.

Though now I'm trying to recall my specific search terms...

Glad I could find that for you. Cheers!

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
History reveals it was:

"movies where company wants to flood dam"

Google Search

edit on 3-15-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

you are some google sleuth!!!

new topics

top topics

join