It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leftards fail again to discredit Trump but prove he is a LEGEND!!! (SHOW US YOUR TAX RETURN)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Yeah, and from what I can tell, they didn't have to at all. They choose to do so willingly and usually only for years in office. So, he didn't really have to give you jack. He did this as an F you to those on the assault against him.

That's one way of wording it. A more accurate one would be, a desperate diversion to keep people away from focusing on his clueless efforts at healthcare so far, mexico not paying for the wall, ISIS still being highly active, increasing military spending needlessly, reducing taxes for the rich, and making savage cuts to various programmes to fund it all etc.

He did this as classic republican deflection, and it doesn't serve as an F you to anyone, as it's a tax return from 2005.

I feel like I'm on repeat, but you guys just aren't processing it - so I'll go again: they're from 2005. It's 2017. Thus, they prove literally nothing about his finances in the last decade, and are therefore by definition irrelevant.

Maddow would have been far better off presenting her report as a question about why 2005 has 'magically leaked' (client copy, by the way) and what it's distracting from.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

I think what they prove is that it is an embarrassment. Compared to his peers, Trump paid a huge amount of taxes. Maybe that's why he's reluctant to published more recent ones.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: fencesitter85

I think what they prove is that it is an embarrassment. Compared to his peers, Trump paid a huge amount of taxes. Maybe that's why he's reluctant to published more recent ones.

Props to him for that, for sure - in 2005.

The problem I and many other people inherently have, is a lack of understanding of how this kind of thing actually works. For example, I don't understand if this form tells us 'everything' we'd need to know - for example, whether it's literally as simple as he earned X and paid X%. Are there myriad other factors to consider?

Either way, personally I'm not pro trump, but this return really is moot in my opinion. It's nothing but a diversion. The left shouldn't be waving it around to make a point any more than the right should.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Okay.......

A fake tax return document to be filed with Obama's fake Birth Certificate...

Well....Just....Alrightythen!!!.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Yes really ATS. Most of are not nessecary upset by any actual facts that appear from the from the moderate right.

The problem the is the "hey f&cktard eat this crap"

"Hey f$cktard Hillary a funt."

You start with insults and then bully and denigigrade people when they are rightfully insulted.

If I call you a an "inbreeded, gap tooth , crocodile f $cling, piece of human $hit" repeatedly instead of reading the information you want us see would you not get upset?

Now, let's talk about the information.

Cool, we have gotten one very old tax form that shows he paid health taxes one year. Very impressive.

IF Trump was proud of every tax he would have shown them willing right up front. If he has paid millions and millions in taxes over the last over the years we would be impressed. Fair?

One of the reasons for providing up to date taxes is to see if presential candidates are preparing to game the "system" for personal profit. An easy example:
Trump arranges to "short sell" their stocks in 2015. Then as a presidental candidate he make comments that tumbles locheed Martins share prices and he makes billions in the transaction.

I am not try to cause a fight I am presenting a possibility that we Can see could/may have occurred.

An example, that we know is occurring. He want the the staff to have the Trump look and Trump products used in the white house. And then forces unpaid unpaid interns to buy these "made in china" products. It feels like his he is so money grubbing that he has to sell every one clothes etc..

If he was a gracious man he would simply provide these items. Instead his directly profiting on the sale of his goods As president.

So with out calling me "f $cktard" or "snowflake" etc. DISCUSS why should accept that there are no current tax return etc..

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: muSSang

Leftards...kinda hard to take you seriously when you use trollish comments like this....correct??

just when you thought the left couldn't get more stupid

No clue what you just said there....I don't speak that language.

Leftards,stupid people.....any sense you were going for is now lost.

Yeah so i agree the word with 'tard is a bit Alynski like. This type of thing is how you fight back with those well versed in the tactics. "Rules for Radical's" and all that means has a place in our discussion. Shall we be honest?

Maybe you can answer a question that has nagged me for a few years...

Why do all the experts on "Alynski" and "Rules for radicals" etc. etc. seem to be far right wingers?

Every time I see this nonsense brought up it is invariably some far right ideologue...aka "radical"..

It is like some secret, boogie-man bible that the right wing constantly cites...while honestly, virtually every liberal or democrat ends up scratching their head.

Honestly...the only evidence I have ever seen of "Rules For Radicals" literally being disseminated and employed as a basis for politics in recent years was the Tea Party..

The book was praised and used as an organizational guide by the Tea Party conservative group FreedomWorks during Dick Armey's tenure as chairman.

FreedomWorks, the tea party group headed by former Republican House leader Dick Armey, gives copies of “Rules for Radicals” to its leaders. “His tactics when it comes to grass-roots organizing are incredibly effective,”

FreedomWorks spokesman Adam Brandon told The Wall Street Journal.

www.csmonitor.com...

the book was being touted as a way to beat the left at its own game by everyone from 69-year-old former House Majority Leader Dick Armey, whose nonprofit group FreedomWorks has emerged as a leading Washington bulwark for the tea party movement, to 25-year-old James O’Keefe, the self-styled activist investigative journalist who last year became a conservative hero

www.politico.com...

edit on 16-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-3-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: SmilingROB

Yes really ATS. Most of are not nessecary upset by any actual facts that appear from the from the moderate right.

You start with insults and then bully and denigigrade people when they are rightfully insulted.

If I call you a an "inbreeded, gap tooth , crocodile f $cling, piece of human $hit" repeatedly instead of reading the information you want us see would you not get upset?

Cool, we have gotten one very old tax form that shows he paid health taxes one year. Very impressive.

IF Trump was proud of every tax he would have shown them willing right up front. If he has paid millions and millions in taxes over the last over the years we would be impressed. Fair?

One of the reasons for providing up to date taxes is to see if presential candidates are preparing to game the "system" for personal profit. An easy example:
Trump arranges to "short sell" their stocks in 2015. Then as a presidental candidate he make comments that tumbles locheed Martins share prices and he makes billions in the transaction.

I am not try to cause a fight I am presenting a possibility that we Can see could/may have occurred.

An example, that we know is occurring. He want the the staff to have the Trump look and Trump products used in the white house. And then forces unpaid unpaid interns to buy these "made in china" products. It feels like his he is so money grubbing that he has to sell every one clothes etc..

If he was a gracious man he would simply provide these items. Instead his directly profiting on the sale of his goods As president.

So with out calling me "f $cktard" or "snowflake" etc. DISCUSS why should accept that there are no current tax return etc..

Perfectly put. Which is why I get so exasperated by the "it's not your business" "It's not a legal requirement" "Why don't you show YOUR tax returns" and the other clichés flying around.

Anyone who asks the question "What possible reason could their be to want to see his tax returns" must naturally fall into one of the following categories:
- Complete and utter lack of understanding of tax and economics
- Complete blind-faith; fingers in ears unwilling to question their leader
- Complete naivety.

Even the most hardcore trump supporter should absolutely support the release of them, because if they're so convinced he's whiter than white (unlikely, let's be honest) it would prove their point and give them more 'leftard!!11' ammo for years to come. They should be intrigued to see if their leader is hiding things. They should want to know if there are questionable connections which would make his position potentially untenable, or mean he doesn't have their best interests at heart.

Every other president in recent memory has done it. That speaks volumes. And let's not forget, ANOTHER one of his lies - 'they're under audit, they'll be released afterwards' - then a few months later 'I'm not releasing them lol'

If you're ok being blatantly lied to by your leader, then that's your prerogative - but I wouldn't be so quick to accept it.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: stolencar18

originally posted by: Indigo5

originally posted by: muSSang
a reply to: DrumsRfun

That's also why I posted this in the mud pitt....

It's the Mud-Pit, one "t" by the way in the word "pit"...It's not the stupid-pit.

Trump mailed the top 2 pages of his 2005 return, his most favorable in the past 20 years, to a reporter..Precisely because he wanted people like you to post OPs like this.

The leak even included "CLIENT COPY" stamped across it..in case there was any confusion it came from an accountant or IRS wonk.

2 Pages from a tax return 12 years ago answers no questions worth asking...

Don't pretend you know what's in Trumps head

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

no no..........

more like this phage

Lyrics

I think I'm sophisticated
'Cause I'm living my life like a good homosapien
But all around me, everybody's multiplying
And they're walking round like flies man

So I'm no better than the animals sitting in their cages
In the zoo man
Because compared to the flowers and the birds and the trees
I am an Apeman

I think I'm so educated and I'm so civilized
'Cause I'm a strict vegetarian
But with the over-population and inflation and starvation
And the crazy politicians
I don't feel safe in this world no more I don't want to die in a nuclear war
I want to sail away to a distant shore
And make like an Apeman

I'm an Apeman, I'm an Ape Apeman
No, I'm an Apeman
Well, I'm a King Kong man, I'm a Voo-Doo man
No, I'm an Apeman

'Cause compared to the sun that sits in the sky
Compared to the clouds as they roll by
Compared to the bugs and the spiders and flies
I am an Apeman

I'm an Apeman, I'm an Ape Apeman
No, I'm an Apeman
Well, I'm a King Kong man, I'm a Voo-Doo man
No, I'm an Apeman

I don't feel safe in this world no more I don't want to die in a nuclear war I want to sail away to a distant shore
And make like an Apeman
play.google.com... lyrics

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

originally posted by: SmilingROB

Perfectly put. Which is why I get so exasperated by the "it's not your business" "It's not a legal requirement" "Why don't you show YOUR tax returns" and the other clichés flying around.

Anyone who asks the question "What possible reason could their be to want to see his tax returns" must naturally fall into one of the following categories:
- Complete and utter lack of understanding of tax and economics
- Complete blind-faith; fingers in ears unwilling to question their leader
- Complete naivety.

Even the most hardcore trump supporter should absolutely support the release of them, because if they're so convinced he's whiter than white (unlikely, let's be honest) it would prove their point and give them more 'leftard!!11' ammo for years to come. They should be intrigued to see if their leader is hiding things. They should want to know if there are questionable connections which would make his position potentially untenable, or mean he doesn't have their best interests at heart.

Every other president in recent memory has done it. That speaks volumes. And let's not forget, ANOTHER one of his lies - 'they're under audit, they'll be released afterwards' - then a few months later 'I'm not releasing them lol'

If you're ok being blatantly lied to by your leader, then that's your prerogative - but I wouldn't be so quick to accept it.

I asked you point blank several pages ago and you still have not responded. Which schedules on a 1040, 1120, or 1065 are going to show any nefarious dealings involving Russians. You haven't answered because the answer is quite simply, his tax returns won't tell you anything beyond what he made that year in income and it's source at a very high level.

If you want to make releasing tax returns a requirement for being President then have it codified in law. Until then, Trump has every right to keep his info private. As I have stated, complex tax returns can only be spun negatively to an ignorant masses who simply do not understand a complex tax code. This is the only reason people want his tax returns released because they know it can be spun to hurt him.

You same progressives had no problem with Obama scrubbing his background and locking down everything. Where is Obama's school transcripts? What possible reason could Obama have for not wanting his transcripts released from Columbia and Harvard Law School when he was supposed to be the smartest man ever? Maybe he wasn't all that smart? Other Presidents have released their school transcripts but Obama signs an executive order locking down his background? Why?

See, two can play this game. If you want transparency, fine. Codify it into law.

To run for President:

Both President, Spouse, and Children over 18

1)Most recent 10 year tax returns, all schedules
2)College Transcripts and access to all school records
3)Birth Certificate
4)Divorce decrees
5)Detailed audited financial statement showing all debts and assets
6)Credit Report
7)Trust, LLC, and other estate planning filings

Would you support such disclosure for any public office at federal level?
edit on 16-3-2017 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22020124]Edumakated
To run for President:

Both President, Spouse, and Children over 18

1)Most recent 10 year tax returns, all schedules
2)College Transcripts and access to all school records
3)Birth Certificate
4)Divorce decrees
5)Detailed audited financial statement showing all debts and assets
6)Credit Report
7)Trust, LLC, and other estate planning filings

Would you support such disclosure for any public office at federal level?

Yup. Absolutely. And for the final time I am not a liberal or a progressive. Stop making assumptions based on me not supporting trump.

If his tax returns won't show dealings with Russia (like selling houses way over double market value) then what's he hiding? EVERY OTHER president in recent memory did it. All of them. Every one. If you honestly think he's not hiding anything then I would suggest you're naive.

If he's scared and upset that the nasty news men might put some spin on it, tough. He's potus. He'll have to man up and face the same scrutiny he put Obama and hillary under. I'd have far more respect for him if he released them then defended any negative 'FAKE NEWS' himself rather than just hiding like a coward. It's nothing to do with the principle. He's hiding things.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Arnold Schwarzenegger is a self made legend not this clown. He's lucky the constitution prevents Arnold for running for President. Trump would get his ass kicked.

"Get to the Presidential chopper!!"

"Who's your daddy and what does he do?"
Trump: "Trump Senior and he build a real estate empire I inherited."
edit on 16-3-2017 by Area201 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I am no Trump follower but I def agree with you on this. a reply to: Edumakated

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I held a ts as soon ago as 2012... didn't have to submit yearly financials...

Jaden

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

yeah that's not holding a ts clearance... that's contractual obligation. Not everyone who holds a ts clearance has to submit yearly financials. That is bull#.

Jaden

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I look at it like a confrontation with a cop. You might not have done ANYTHING wrong, you should still keep your fuggin mouth closed and not say a friggin word. It's in your best interests...

Jaden

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: muSSang
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Compression can be a tough nut to crack when you're deluded by lies. That's also why I posted this in the mud pitt....

Yes. Reading "compression" is like super hard and stuff.

I see now. I was trying to understand that word compression in that context. I supposed it was just one more alt-word s dreamed up by the rightwing ''make up bad slang terms to throw at the left crowd. ''

Or you know, he swiped and compression came out and he didn't notice -- this is likely the truth. Big guy, thinks he has a point because someone got auto corrected.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
A couple of problems with this thread.

1. Lefttards. LOL Really?
2. Not Everyone that disagrees with Trump or one of his policies is necessarily left or liberal.
3. Just because one person on the left or from one demographic group is outspoken doesn't mean they speak for everyone else in that same demographic.

Carry on.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: buster2010
So a ten year old tax return that shows he paid taxes once proves everything is on the up and up when it comes to Trump. Are people actually stupid enough to believe this?

But yet, it was the left who acted like they discovered something of grand importance... if it is so irrelevant, why bring it up at all?

If Trump was guilty of tax evasion, the IRS would be all over him. Since we know the IRS has audited Trump and continues to do so, it is pretty safe to assume there is nothing there illegal.

Trumps tax returns provide nothing of importance to anyone. What exactly are we looking to ascertain from his tax return?

You're right, 11 year old returns are irrelevant. He only leaked them because he had to go that far back to avoid looking dodgy. What are we looking to ascertain? Russian connections. Obviously.

I love that you guys are going on about how Trump was behind this when just 24 hours ago your great news was how you had his tax return and you got him now! Now that you see it's not what you wanted, it must be his fault again.

And there you go again making assumptions. Like the amount of alt right on here who assume anti trump = liberal. I am not a liberal.

And to clarify, the minute I saw the news I immediately said trump had orchestrated it. That Maddow woman played it very poorly. Anyone with a functioning brain can make a fairly safe assumption that Donnie (a man with a proven history of leaking things to make himself look good) orchestrated this. And he had to go back to 2005 to find something usable.

I want to know why he sold a house to a Russian billionaire for twice its value. Oh wait, I already know. You guys think he's your messiah, but he's just another politician out to make money for him and his cronies. He's an insecure narcissist and everything he does is about money and trying to make himself look good. You'll see as time goes on.

Oh my...a businessman, trying to make money. What a guy...How dare he!
And then when he was good at it (say what you want, he's better than you or I), he ran for president and, oh my, he WON!

Nobody on the right thinks he's some humble Robin Hood wannabe. They all know hes rich. They all know hes arrogant and pompous. But president after president has run this country like a "politician" and its a POS country and people realize that more of the same (bush, clinton, rubio, cruz, sanders, etc) is a recipe for more disaster. It's about time something new was tried.

Oh right. You don't like it because hes rich and you're not.
Deal with it. Get over it. It's about time someone tried a new path for the country. The old one certainly didn't work.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: buster2010
So a ten year old tax return that shows he paid taxes once proves everything is on the up and up when it comes to Trump. Are people actually stupid enough to believe this?

But yet, it was the left who acted like they discovered something of grand importance... if it is so irrelevant, why bring it up at all?

If Trump was guilty of tax evasion, the IRS would be all over him. Since we know the IRS has audited Trump and continues to do so, it is pretty safe to assume there is nothing there illegal.

Trumps tax returns provide nothing of importance to anyone. What exactly are we looking to ascertain from his tax return?

You're right, 11 year old returns are irrelevant. He only leaked them because he had to go that far back to avoid looking dodgy. What are we looking to ascertain? Russian connections. Obviously.

I love that you guys are going on about how Trump was behind this when just 24 hours ago your great news was how you had his tax return and you got him now! Now that you see it's not what you wanted, it must be his fault again.

And there you go again making assumptions. Like the amount of alt right on here who assume anti trump = liberal. I am not a liberal.

And to clarify, the minute I saw the news I immediately said trump had orchestrated it. That Maddow woman played it very poorly. Anyone with a functioning brain can make a fairly safe assumption that Donnie (a man with a proven history of leaking things to make himself look good) orchestrated this. And he had to go back to 2005 to find something usable.

I want to know why he sold a house to a Russian billionaire for twice its value. Oh wait, I already know. You guys think he's your messiah, but he's just another politician out to make money for him and his cronies. He's an insecure narcissist and everything he does is about money and trying to make himself look good. You'll see as time goes on.

Oh my...a businessman, trying to make money. What a guy...How dare he!
And then when he was good at it (say what you want, he's better than you or I), he ran for president and, oh my, he WON!

Nobody on the right thinks he's some humble Robin Hood wannabe. They all know hes rich. They all know hes arrogant and pompous. But president after president has run this country like a "politician" and its a POS country and people realize that more of the same (bush, clinton, rubio, cruz, sanders, etc) is a recipe for more disaster. It's about time something new was tried.

Oh right. You don't like it because hes rich and you're not.
Deal with it. Get over it. It's about time someone tried a new path for the country. The old one certainly didn't work.

You got a point and yes, let's give him a chance and hope he does some good things. He already has, like getting us out of the TPP

You're wrong on one count though, and it's on why people don't like him. I don't care that he's rich...I want to be rich one day myself, i don't like him because he's a Jerk...or to be more precise he's an ***hole. Let's be honest here.

new topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join