It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leftards fail again to discredit Trump but prove he is a LEGEND!!! (SHOW US YOUR TAX RETURN)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MyHappyDogShiner

There has got to be a funny irony but both side of the discussion can laugh.

Perhaps we can start a museum of documents that have made presidents look silly.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yes I would expect that most of that list for employees and all of for the president, the Senate, and Congress.

In another post I have stated that ad I under stand it federal employee do have show transpersncy.

Can some one confirm if I am right or wrong?

I do not mind being corrected.

(Snarggy comment deleted, this a debate)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

As a moderate I am looking for healthy debate. On policies and issues that have come up.

So far this presidency appears to be all fluff and taking advantage of of the position for golf.

The few thinks have come up appear as vindictiveness mostly because he doing things that damage his credibility.

I duly noted that in a press conference that he attend his morning briefing. If he attends to the duties of the job and stops pandering to the lowest denominator he could almost look presidentail.

He has the good hair cut and his nice clothes. All he has to is bring to bear some degree of a work ethic.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: muSSang

Exactly! Spot on again!!

The lefttards are always melting like little snowflakes and saying do this do that then The Donald does it and they melt even more! Silly lefttards!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
a reply to: fleabit

How is he obligated to show us his tax returns? He has filed the obligatory paperwork about his business dealings and you're not satisfied.

The tax return thing has always been a media gambit. They began it with Nixon. They found out how well it worked to pressure the candidates and they've ridden that horse literally to death. The best thing you and your cohorts could do is to accept that he is president and that "tradition" has been put aside. Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it.

After all, if you have nothing to hide....you won't mind a few million people perusing your returns, right?

The reason for high demand for tax returns is that it is suspected it might show dealings with foreign banks or companies that would jeopardize American interests, indicate Trump might be in a compromised position. A regular Joe Shmoe doesn't have to show his tax returns. The office of President is not a regular Joe Shmoe. The media gambit or similar analogy here is a bogus criticism.
edit on 17-3-2017 by Area201 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: p00nsmasher
a reply to: fencesitter85 stolencar18, I actually made an account so I can tell you how excellent of a post that was. It's clear you made fencesitter85 pretty butthurt by simply stating facts. His/her response was pathetic, calling you names and not adding anything productive to the conversation. Typical for a liberal. Keep fighting the good fight stolencar18

Once again, I am not a liberal, and I'm not 'butthurt' (a term used by children over Xbox live) over an Internet discussion about politics

'Typical cultist'
edit on 17-3-2017 by fencesitter85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

a reply to: buster2010

What do you not understand about confidential information? There are perfectly good reasons that tax returns are considered private. Had you ever owned or run a business you would understand this fact. Had you ever run a multi-million/billion dollar business it would be VERY clear to you.

Are you putting your returns on line? If not, why not? If you're not hiding anything.....we need to know that you're paying your fair share as well. Why limit it to the president---let's make all tax returns public?

See how that works?

I'm not running for the office of President am I? If Trumpy wanted to keep eveything secret then he should not have ran for office.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

What do you not understand about confidential information? There are perfectly good reasons that tax returns are considered private. Had you ever owned or run a business you would understand this fact. Had you ever run a multi-million/billion dollar business it would be VERY clear to you.

Are you putting your returns on line? If not, why not? If you're not hiding anything.....we need to know that you're paying your fair share as well. Why limit it to the president---let's make all tax returns public?

See how that works?

I'm not running for the office of President am I? If Trumpy wanted to keep eveything secret then he should not have ran for office.

Is that what the law says?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I don't get the confusion here.

Candidates traditionally release their taxes to "show they're not hiding anything financially". This allows voters to make a more informed decision in the voting booth.

If you want uninformed voters, then sure, hide those taxes! Some uninformed voters will actually proudly defend their own willful ignorance!

This is another one of those ridiculous left/right precedents. At the moment we have a bunch of willfully ignorant supporters claiming Trump should not release his taxes EVER, but the moment 2020 rolls around... if a Democrat follows suit these supporters will flip-flop at break-neck speeds, and scream bloody murder that a candidate would have the audacity to withhold their taxes.

It's really not a left/right issue at all.

It's an issue about having informed voters, or having uninformed voters.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

Candidates traditionally release their taxes to "show they're not hiding anything financially".

The tradition started with Nixon, it's not like it harkens back to George Washington.
He's released whats required by law, 105 pages of financial documents.

It's an issue about having informed voters, or having uninformed voters.

His tax returns would be hundreds, if not thousands of pages long.
How many people could understand them?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Red herring arguments.

The age of the tradition is absolutely irrelevant.

In modern times this tradition has been deemed "worthwhile" because it raises the level of accountability of those seeking the highest office in the land. A win for all "everyday Americans" regardless of their party affiliations.

The number of people who could "understand them" is likewise irrelevant.

There are plenty of people with the capability to understand them, and distill anything noteworthy for the voting populace.

Raising the accountability of elected officials is something EVERY American should be able to agree upon.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: redmage
a reply to: D8Tee

Red herring arguments.

The age of the tradition is absolutely irrelevant.

In modern times this tradition has been deemed "worthwhile" because it raises the level of accountability of those seeking the highest office in the land. A win for all "everyday Americans" regardless of their party affiliations.

The number of people who could "understand them" is likewise irrelevant.

There are plenty of people with the capability to understand them, and distill anything noteworthy for the voting populace.

Raising the accountability of elected officials is something EVERY American should be able to agree upon.

/thread

It's not a left/right issue; it's common sense. The fact that the OP has like 70 stars for such a ridiculous play-ground attempt at making a point is pure face-palm material. It's becoming like scientology now.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

Thanks for your comments. Firstly, no star, no flag? Oh no ! I didn't post this for irrelevant internet points - I don't even understand how they work.

The fact that the OP has like 70 stars for such a ridiculous play-ground attempt at making a point is pure face-palm material.

Now the stars are relevant?

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: redmage

What you don't seem to understand is that it is the "tradition" which is irrelevant. Politicians caved to the media pressure to give up their right to privacy after they saw what the media had done to Nixon. Politicians are terrified of the media turning on them.

Trump has released the required financial information. What was in those documents that made you suspicious? Please be specific.

Once again, some people are like a tiny child who had been told that they don't get a lollipop this time. That would be all the folks yelling for tax returns that they have no right to see. Trump is still a citizen and has the right to privacy. People who own/run businesses understand the need to keep that material private. The legislatures have understood the need to keep that information private. What is it that you don't understand about the right to privacy?

Cry me a river, build a bridge and get over it.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Area201

The media started this grand "tradition" by forcing Nixon to release his. He thought they would lighten up on him if he bowed and scraped before them. Didn't work for him but it sure showed the rest of the politicians the power of the media. Now we have a new president. He is breaking with this tradition. He's not a politician and he's certainly not afraid of the media. They've been against him from the beginning. He's already whipped them and gotten himself elected president without giving up his right to privacy. I say good for him to resist their pressure.

If you have suspicions after reading his financial disclosure documents---please lay them out. You are not allowed to just go on a fishing expedition because you have some vague notion that something might be amiss. As a US citizen Trump retains his rights under the Constitution and civil law. Among those are the right to having his tax information kept private. He didn't lose those rights when he was elected president.

Give up. It ain't happening no matter how much you stamp your foot and demand. Move on to something productive. This whole thing is just ridiculous. I guess some people fear change so much that they just can't accept that things change when administrations change. A useless tradition has been tossed onto the garbage heap.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

No. He didn't give up his right to privacy when he ran for office. Only politicians do that. He's not one. He's discarding a useless tradition. Give up your screeching over something that matters not one whit and find something productive to do. Admit defeat graciously---all this whining long after the election is done is just juvenile.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

It appears you're the one crying a river, but the good new is that if you just stop crying ya won't even need that "bridge" you desire.

Save the "right to privacy" spiel.

No one forced him to run for President.

It goes with the territory. Accountability for such an office should be something all Americans can agree upon.

He could have just stayed self-employed if he was so concerned about privacy, but it's accepted that employers have access to all sorts of financial information about their employees in the modern age.

As for this, "What was in those documents that made you suspicious? Please be specific.", you'll have to ask someone whom has claimed to be "suspicious" of those documents, because it's a straw-man in regards to my post.

My stance is that those who seek an elected public office should expect to be held to higher standards of accountability. That very same argument is a large part of what tipped the scales in Trump's favor during the election, so to see the flip-flop on an issue that Americans largely agree upon is concerning.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Now we have a new president. He is breaking with this tradition. He's not a politician and he's certainly not afraid of the media. They've been against him from the beginning. He's already whipped them and gotten himself elected president without giving up his right to privacy.

There's the real issue, and it leads to a never-ending cycle of erosion in the accountability of elected officials.

You're simply cheering because he "bucked the system", while failing to acknowledge that accountability is a GOOD THING when it comes to our elected officials. It's myopic and faith based support that comes back to bite you in the arse when "the other guy" eventually takes over the office and follows suit.

It's willful ignorance, filtered through partisan blinders, to support Trump on this issue. Erosion of accountability in elected officials is never a good thing regardless of political leanings.
edit on 3/17/17 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump Mar 15 Does anybody really believe that a reporter, who nobody ever heard of, "went to his mailbox" and found my tax returns? @NBCNews FAKE NEWS!

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85

originally posted by: p00nsmasher
a reply to: fencesitter85 stolencar18, I actually made an account so I can tell you how excellent of a post that was. It's clear you made fencesitter85 pretty butthurt by simply stating facts. His/her response was pathetic, calling you names and not adding anything productive to the conversation. Typical for a liberal. Keep fighting the good fight stolencar18

Once again, I am not a liberal, and I'm not 'butthurt' (a term used by children over Xbox live) over an Internet discussion about politics

'Typical cultist'

You know what...you need to quit being an a-hole. Trump followers aren't cultists. Trump isn't some cult leader. People who disagree with you or want things that you don't aren't delusional or blindly following the blind. Get over yourself. You sound like an elitist jerk who thinks everyone who disagrees with him is stupid.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join