It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College removes scales from gym after students complain it's 'triggering'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

No one who is in a sound mental state gets freaked out by seeing scales at a gym.

Only people with problems do, the sort of problems that need psychological help do.

Leave the scales where they belong for those that want to use them and get appropriate help for these other folks. It's simple.
And I am happy (Despite being overweight myself).

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Like I stated, you should try being familiar with the topic if you want to post on the topic. The person that made the decision has stated why they did what they did, and that they are a staunch liberal.

So, yes, this decision was made by a person pushing a specific liberal progressive agenda....by their very own words.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

No one who is in a sound mental state gets freaked out by seeing scales at a gym.

Only people with problems do, the sort of problems that need psychological help do.

Leave the scales where they belong for those that want to use them and get appropriate help for these other folks. It's simple.

i take it you are NOT a psychologist. and when did I ever say "freaked out". You are already twisting it.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

Like I stated, you should try being familiar with the topic if you want to post on the topic. The person that made the decision has stated why they did what they did, and that they are a staunch liberal.

So, yes, this decision was made by a person pushing a specific liberal progressive agenda....by their very own words.

I dont care what he says, its NOT liberal agenda just bc he was a liberal that stated it. That is just plain stupid

do you suppose all the gym owners who decide NOT to put scales in their gyms are liberal?

where the heck does that logic come from?

So you are a trump-lover, you said that you loved swiss cheese, so all trump-luvers love swiss cheese...
edit on 15-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Are they removing all the mirrors, I wonder?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

i take it you are NOT a psychologist. and when did I ever say "freaked out". You are already twisting it.

The very fact you think that there is something wrong with scales being in a gym for voluntary use of the patrons tells me you have issues with them.

I ain't judging you for that, but it would do far more good to sort out the underlying problems rather than eradicate every single trigger that causes you disquiet, especially when they are as harmless as a set of scales.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I dont care what he says, its NOT liberal agenda just bc he was a liberal that stated it. That is just plain stupid

Stupid is not believing what a person says about themselves. I will easily take his word over yours, and your opinion.

do you suppose all the gym owners who decide NOT to put scales in their gyms are liberal?

No, I would do something unheard of...I would ask them. And I would base my opinion on what they state of themselves.

As it stands now, most of the gyms and training facilities, in the Ottawa area, are heavily criticizing this decision, so it sounds a lot like the only "trainer" that has a problem with leaving them is you.
edit on 15-3-2017 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The very fact you think that there is something wrong with scales being in a gym for voluntary use of the patrons tells me you have issues with them.

I ain't judging you for that, but it would do far more good to sort out the underlying problems rather than eradicate every single trigger that causes you disquiet, especially when they are as harmless as a set of scales.

except that it is not a problem

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Stupid is not believing what a person says about themselves. I will easily take his word over yours, and your opinion.

No, I would do something unheard of...I would ask them. And I would base my opinion on what they state of themselves.

As it stands now, most of the gyms and training facilities, in the Ottawa area, are heavily criticizing this decision, so it sounds a lot like the only "trainer" that has a problem with leaving them is you.

i dont have a problem, as i stated before, i was a little...not upset but perturbed that my gyms did not have a scale, but bc my brain expands more than most, i get it. They are unnecessary.

Im very sorry if you cannot get it, i feel even more sorry for those who get upset or triggered over it.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

So you say, but then this?
There are loads of ways of measuring your progress, fitness wise, but only one way of measuring your weight, why deny it to people because some feel upset by their own weight?

Some students (like cheerleaders) are forced to get on the scales. They have to be a certain weight...which is ridiculous. Its the most demeaning practice I have ever known. If you WANT to gauge your weight by a scale...then do it at home in your own free time.

There is no need for scales and I hope the practice of putting cheerleaders on the scale is an old and dying practice, i was about 17 when I first saw it with my own eyes and I shuddered. Horrible.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

There are loads of ways of measuring your progress, fitness wise, but only one way of measuring your weight, why deny it to people because some feel upset by their own weight?

Some students (like cheerleaders) are forced to get on the scales. They have to be a certain weight...which is ridiculous. Its the most demeaning practice I have ever known. If you WANT to gauge your weight by a scale...then do it at home in your own free time.

There is no need for scales and I hope the practice of putting cheerleaders on the scale is an old and dying practice, i was about 17 when I first saw it with my own eyes and I shuddered. Horrible.

lol, you are forgetting that you will never in any way shape or form be denied a scale. You can always keep one at your house or in your bathroom. Heck, you can even keep one in the office.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Sounds like those pesky Trump supporters who line up for pizza ar Planer Fitness. Lol

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I feel like I am talking about separation of church and state (separation of scale and gym).

You guys just dont get it, lofl. OMFG.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

lol, you are forgetting that you will never in any way shape or form be denied a scale. You can always keep one at your house or in your bathroom. Heck, you can even keep one in the office.

The point is that the ones in gyms are generally far more accurate than home ones and if you are cutting, you need the scales then and there.

Why even think of removing them? It's not like we are talking about a picture of Hitler on the wall is it? It's a set of scales, so that those who want to can weigh themselves at the place they work out. Those that don't want to can walk on by to the showers.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Scales have been placed back in the facility. Now they are in the change rooms. If the rumour mill is to be believed, a Ravens coaching staff member insisted on it.

It would appear that "Health and Wellness" decisions are trumped by "Athletic" decisions.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I personally do not care if they are in or not.

Just sad that some people get so triggered and butt-hurt if they are taken out.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Its more a case of disliking the thought process that says if some people, with problems don't like something as useful and innocuous as a set of scales, then they should be removed.

It's like banning self driving cars because some people can't see.
Making life worse for the majority rather than make suitable arrangements for the minority.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Its more a case of disliking the thought process that says if some people, with problems don't like something as useful and innocuous as a set of scales, then they should be removed.

It's like banning self driving cars because some people can't see.
Making life worse for the majority rather than make suitable arrangements for the minority.

no, its about not expanding your mind and realizing that they are not necessary. I know your type, ive been studying it for a long time.

I can bet that you want trans in the bathroom of the sex they are born with and let me guess, you are a christian that feels your religion is threatened bc a cake baker has to bake a cake for a gay.

Also, I can put money on it that you are pro-life.

All of those people...small minded.

(tell me, am I right in my guessing?)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
You keep claiming that scales aren't necessary. They certainly are.

My site employees can weigh in, or they can collect their pink slip at the front desk. I will not jeopardize the safety of my teams to protect someone's feels.

If that bothers them too much, they can find work in an industry where individual weight is meaningless.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

You keep claiming that scales aren't necessary. They certainly are.

My site employees can weigh in, or they can collect their pink slip at the front desk. I will not jeopardize the safety of my teams to protect someone's feels.

If that bothers them too much, they can find work in an industry where individual weight is meaningless.

Maybe they are necessary for you and your work, sorry i dont know what it is that you do, i dont care, bu that is not the point. They are no longer necessary in gyms and schools. That is why they are not in there.

Dont get butthurt, its not liberal agenda. Theres just newer technology. You like iphones right? those are not liberal agenda? are they?

Theres many apps to control a healthy lifestyle. And i suggest having a scale at your house, just dont get on it too often.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join