It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who sold these weapons ? What are these weapons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I just came across a vid of a cash of weapons ...."Enough for a small war or little coup: 10,000+ of firearms seized by Spanish police & Europol"

Can you tell me what all these are ? Where did they come from ? Who were they for ?
This is another link www.europol.europa.eu...
edit on 14-3-2017 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Alls I can add is from the accompanying article.

The stash contained deactivated firearms which were largely purchased legally, and were later reactivated. Firearms found at the scene were ready to be repaired and transformed back into working weapons.

www.rt.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Maybe a Soros operation for any other country trying to leave the EU.

That was half a joke. It's anyone's guess, I'm sure there are weapons caches like this in many countries. This one just happened to be discovered.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

From the info section below video...

The firearms were likely intended for sale to terrorists...

'Looks like' they interdicted a shipment of arms to some terrorist organization in Syria. Whoops, didn't the Spanish police get that NATO memo?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

The stash contained deactivated firearms which were largely purchased legally, and were later reactivated. Firearms found at the scene were ready to be repaired and transformed back into working weapons.

www.rt.com...

Doesn't say they were all, what--- deactivated? Thats not nomenclature. (Portion redacted)

Edit: Read the comments section below the article linked.
edit on 14-3-2017 by intrptr because: redaction additional

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: D8Tee

www.rt.com...

Doesn't say they were all, what--- deactivated? Thats not nomenclature. (Portion redacted)

Edit: Read the comments section below the article linked.

Any comment in particular?
I like this one:

Spain has inadvertently disrupted CIA/Mossad Logistic Operation. Not a good sign for Spain!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

For those who prefer another source to RT, here is the Europol press release

(it never hurts with a second source anyway)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

I was just thinking that they may be for Gladio operations .If they would have been for ISIS then why not out of the Turkish NATO base .Hech the US could air drop and have . Not the most direct efficient route to the ME .

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

They are for making tacos... you know.. cattle these days... tougher than the average soccer mom... i mean they love the meth... okay how much to buy your silence?..

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I seem to remember that last year another whole container of small arms was intercepted and confiscated.

There have been several intercepts of military type weapons heading to all kinds of places.. We should have gotten into the international arms trade... Naw one of the big dogs would have had us for lunch...

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I'm no weapon's expert (we have a few here) but they are old.

Deactivated military stock I'd guess, a lot of the rifles were FN's I'm sure, I'm sure I saw a bunch of old 49's in the first 10 secs of footage.

The fact it was on the move is telling, reality is though a lot of cache's of similar weapons are waiting to be discovered, especially in Spain... Depends where you look.

I can imagine ETA had a lot of stashes, might as well make money off them instead of having them rot away I guess.

Time's a changing, and such weaponry is heavily outdated. The political climate of the day might see N Ireland reunited with the south, the birth of Catalonia and the independence of the Basque lands. Peacefully I might add.

Can only be a good thing.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Well that settles it...

Nothing to see here folks

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
CIA has a lot of AKs that they supply to ???????
ISIS and most terrorist groups likes AKs.

7.62x39 ammo is the most common ammo in the world with many countries making it.
this means its easy to get and capture.

but the only weapons i see in the video that might use 7.62x39 is some SKSs.

Some of the piles look like old German Mausers and they now are hard to get ammo for in europe.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Some of the piles look like old German Mausers and they now are hard to get ammo for in europe.

I know someone with a Mauser converted to fire other rounds. Since some of these guns were "deactivated", going through further modifications may not be much more of a hassle.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I used to own a 8mm czechoslovakia, bruno Mauser .Pick a barrel ...there were lots of choices and a easy swap .

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
So what they did was they buy legal broken weapons, repaired them but still not to a function level, then they sold the broken weapons plus the parts to repair them to terrorist, it appear the weapons used on the Charlie Hebdo attack and the Jewish Museum of Belgium came from here.

They sold weapons all around the world like that, it was legal because the weapon was not operational during the sale, the users needed to fix them with the very easy fix they also sold.

From the area they are I'm willing to bet they are ETA remnants, ETA may be gone as an organization, but all those trained terrorist still got their knowledge and contacts, decades of making bombs and moving drugs and weapons is not easily forgotten, now they do it for the money instead of the cause.
edit on 14-3-2017 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Banning weapons never works. The black market will always have a supply for people who wants them. Firearms are not really that difficult to manufacture with a simple machine shop. Criminals and terrorists do not care about the laws, gun laws are only there to control the sheeples.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
What a bunch of old junk.

Looks like a very old stash of arms.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I know someone with a Mauser converted to fire other rounds. Since some of these guns were "deactivated", going through further modifications may not be much more of a hassle.

But 7.62x39 would be a very short round for the action of a Mauser and would likely fail to feed.
7.62x54r would be better for a old Mauser if the head of the cartridge fits the bolt face of the Mauser.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

But 7.62x39 would be a very short round for the action of a Mauser and would likely fail to feed.
7.62x54r would be better for a old Mauser if the head of the cartridge fits the bolt face of the Mauser.

Any reason to go with that rimmed cartridge instead of 7.62 NATO?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join