It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if they pass a hard core conservative agenda , then blame it on Trump???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I think just about everyone would agree , trump as a person is a centrist..

Pro-gay marriage, pro choice , yet pro gun and pro wall...

Well what if the republicans look at trump as a get out of jail free card to pass a bunch of hard core conservative policies that make them and their donors insanely rich, but are disastrous for the American people and economy as a whole.

Then after the policies blow up in the faces, of the American people the GOP could stand back and blame it all on trump and claim ,
" it wasn't conservatism that failed. It was trump.."

edit on 14-3-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

They can try to blame Trump, but do you think he is going to be legislatively raped and not scream on Twitter?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Why would Trump sign anything he does not like ?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I don't agree Trump is conservative, so I would agree with the GOP's claim.

Would Pence have built a wall? Maybe. But more and more Republicans are less 'conservative' in their actions each day.

Most Political Republican are less conservative than average Republicans.
Most Political Liberals are both more/less(extremes) than average liberals.

The issue is Republicans and Democrats. Not liberal and conservative ideology, those are still the light.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I guess they are going to put a pen in his hand and command him to sign. Ha,ha,ha, good luck.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Very conservative bills cannot pass both chambers of Congress. Democrats would not vote on such bills.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Obama signed the ACA, and he said it wasn't what he wanted.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Obama signed the ACA, and he said it wasn't what he wanted.

Didn't he also say something about keeping your doctor if you found him favorable that ended up being a total fabrication and involved the same bill? I recall hearing something about that and thinking "Wow, a false statement like that could really damage a man's credibility."

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Very conservative bills cannot pass both chambers of Congress. Democrats would not vote on such bills.

Republicans have enough votes to pass most legislation on their own.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Thats his job.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Then after the policies blow up in the faces, of the American people the GOP could stand back and blame it all on trump and claim ,

They always blame the presider when things go bad. Its the cult of personality we all were conditioned to by Hollywood.

Ask yourself why the current cycle of endless war in the Middle East and elsewhere had two bushes, an obama and trump passing each other the torch.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

But if Trump vetos then it needs 2 thirds in both chambers to override. Not gonna happen.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

They can try to blame Trump, but do you think he is going to be legislatively raped and not scream on Twitter?

I am strongly concerned that he would not be willing to do the labor to babysit all of his appointments.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Because he do not actually read anything put before him.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

All depends on what one's definition of a Centrist is. To me, a Centrist is someone who uses a mix of both rightist and leftist ideas to solve an issue, not just being pro-conservative on one issue and pro-liberal on another issue.

Now, I know most people's idea of a Centrist is different than mine, but that's mine. Based on my definition, I don't know he'd qualify as a Centrist per se. I can say this, he's certainly not an establishment conservative.

I do worry at times that despite his bluster against the establishment, he'll be forced to toe the establishment's line. If that's the case, that's going to cause a bunch of problems domestically because frankly, there's a significant portion of the population, I being a member of it, that is tired of the establishment's line.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

All depends on what one's definition of a Centrist is. To me, a Centrist is someone who uses a mix of both rightist and leftist ideas to solve an issue, not just being pro-conservative on one issue and pro-liberal on another issue.

Now, I know most people's idea of a Centrist is different than mine, but that's mine. Based on my definition, I don't know he'd qualify as a Centrist per se. I can say this, he's certainly not an establishment conservative.

I do worry at times that despite his bluster against the establishment, he'll be forced to toe the establishment's line. If that's the case, that's going to cause a bunch of problems domestically because frankly, there's a significant portion of the population, I being a member of it, that is tired of the establishment's line.

What if it is worse than the establishment line???

Worse than the status quo???

The only benefit will be that it takes a lot of pain to bring about big changes ...

Such as how we flip the entire economy as automation makes 90% of us unemployable..

In the present climate could you pass a universal salary?!?!

But in a situation where millions lose health care and zero good jobs are being created and there is no path to wealth....

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I want in on this insane wealth gig.

Who do I have to kill?

edit on 3 15 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

No.

I do not agree. Centrism would not have allowed him to suggest a wall, since that is an extremist reaction (to a dwindling issue with border crossing, which as of right now is the route by which the fewest, not the most illegal immigrants reach the US), not a moderate one.

Furthermore, regardless of what the Republicans think of Mr Trump, the fact of the matter is that if this Presidency does not improve the United States for everyone in it, it will be no ones fault bar Mr Trump and the gaggle of idiots that people have become accustomed to calling his cabinet. Why do I say that? Because the Republicans are top in the White House, the Senate and the Congress.

There is no excuse for anything less than a great outcome...

Of course, those in the know are aware that there are some pretty good indicators that this Presidency is going to be a total disaster. He was supposed to be a cheaper, lower maintenance President. But he has already spent ten million dollars just getting back and forth from Mar-a-largo, which means at this pace, he is going to outspend Obama on holiday travel and associated costs, within a YEAR. He swore to be a President for all the people, but he is only a President for the minority of far right scum in the country. He was supposed to be destroying I.S. but instead he is selling arms to Saudi Arabia, which is exactly the same as selling arms to I.S.

Its the same crap, on a different day, with a bigger price tag and no regulation. That is what his Presidency is going to result in. Its going to result in an environment undefended from big oil, scientists who will be prevented from commenting publicly until their research has been looked over (read edited) by the administration, probably another sub prime like situation, if he gets his way with the banking and financial industry...

And the reason for that is that Trump is everything conservatism represents for the common man. It is unenlightened, profit focused, inhuman and inhumane, cares nothing for the worker producing the product, only on gouging as much value out of every single resource as possible, to be distributed amongst the smallest possible number of people.

If Trump fails, it will be because conservatism fails as well, not in spite of its efficiency of function!

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Pro-gay marriage, pro choice , yet pro gun and pro wall...

Well what if the republicans look at trump as a get out of jail free card to pass a bunch of hard core conservative policies that make them and their donors insanely rich, but are disastrous for the American people and economy as a whole.

Trump has stated on several occasions that he is NOT pro gay marriage, even though he has attended at least one. Have you a source that says he is now pro gay marriage?

His stance on abortion seems to change with the weather and the audience so I'd also be careful with that one.

Come to think about it he's also voiced opposition to certain types of firearms so that's a bit of a squeeze, and the wall might actually be more of a fence apparently.

Apart from that though..................

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

WOW! Did you just wake up from a COMA? Way to be on top of things jitters! This...This is why Hillary didn't win...lots of mouth breathing fly catchers running round. It'll all be okay, keep eating those sweet sweet paint chips! 😎

new topics

top topics

join