It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Altered Dimensions...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   
David Lang Disappearance

"On September 23, 1880, David Lang was crossing a field near his home in Sumner County, Tennessee. His wife and two children were watching their father walk across the field. David’s brother-in-law and a local attorney were approaching the home in a horse-drawn buggy. Suddenly, Mrs. Lang sprang from her seat screaming in terror and the two approaching visitors gasped in disbelief. David Lang had just vanished before their eyes.

The disappearance of David Lang caused quite a stir in the local community. At the spot where David disappeared there was a 15 foot circle. The circle continued to mark the spot where the vanishing took place for years afterwards. Nothing would grow there and animals and insects avoided it. Once, the children ventured into the center of the circle and claimed to hear their father’s voice echoing from another dimension.

Tall Tale Theories

Several theories abound as to what really happened to David Lang. Most interesting are theories that the whole incident is a fable, passed down from generation to generation, until it grew into the tale we know today. Most of the fable theories are probably based upon earlier articles in FATE and Fortean Times.

Some believe that a similar incident occurred in July 1854 at a plantation near Selma, Alabama. A man named Orion Williamson disappeared in a manner similar to David Lang (dead grass circles, voices from nowhere, etc.)."

I thought this was some interesting stuff and wondered if anyone else had any info on these incidents or similar incidents. It appears they could be abductions or mad to look like abductions?

See site below:
www.spartechsoftware.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
that is damned scary. i don't understand dimensions much but arn't other dimentions all around us we just cna't see them...?
Suse

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
As a child I had a book that told of a cavern in Arizona or New Mexico that could transport you to the past, and was suppose to be based upon adventure tales told by people of the olden days. Wish I still had that book. Does anyone know what it was referring to?

join