It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rachel Maddow tweets. BREAKING We've got Trump tax returns. Tonight, 9pm ET. MSNBC.

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
Okay, I haven't read all 32 pages of this thread, so if someone has already answered my question, maybe someone can link me to the answer, so as not to have to repeat?

What is “alternative minimum tax,”, and why is separate from federal income tax?

The returns showed that Trump “earned more than $150 million in the year 2005
The documents show Trump and his wife Melania paying $5.3 million in regular federal income tax—a rate of less than 4%. However, the Trumps paid an additional $31 million in the so-called “alternative minimum tax,” or AMT. Trump has previously called for the elimination of this tax.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

AMT is what you pay if you have a lot of business-related tax deductions. The HR Block software sometimes has me owing small amounts of Alternative Minimum Tax. It's like the IRS gets mad because you aren't paying enough tax for your gross income. That's the way it feels anyway, when the software zings you with an extra $500 in taxes, seemingly out of the blue.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: EightAhoy

MSNBC is airing a rerun of Maddow's show.

I wish it was one of the anti-American CNN anchors who broke the law. Would LOVE to see any of those bozos be fined and/or jailed.

I don't even know the channel number for MSNBC, and don't care to. (Unless Trump comes after them, of course.)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

$38 million on $150 million, deductions considered, seems like a high ratio for a millionaire/billionaire like Trump to pay!? That seems like the normal 20-25 percent we peons pay! I would have expected it to be less.

edit on 14-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

even if they dfound he hid 20 billion in catman that was tied to drug cartels they couldn't do didly about it if it happened before he took office . once in office he is immune from prosecution of crimes he did before taking his oath. any crimes while sitting as president would require an impeachment.

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
LOL!!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I Like Mike. You never see him flustered.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

In a sense, he actually overpayed, just a bit.

I don't care for the rest of the returns, 38 million is a nice chuck most don't ever hope to attain or payoff. He is good in my book.

TAX RETURN NARRATIVE DESTROYED.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
So they are willing to break the law to get someone's tax returns, then it turns out they paid their taxes.

LOL the joke is on them plus they will go to jail all in the name of fake news.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Personally, I don't care about how much Trump paid in taxes any given year. What I am interested in is if he's making money from, or owing to, foreign governments, and if those financial ties or debts could compromise his ability to govern and make decisions based on what's good for the American people, rather than his family business, his business partners or foreign governments he may be indebted to.

edit on 14-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Thats fine and dandy, however your making the same mistake introvert made by suggesting that same thing.

I think if it were the case as you have suggested, then something within the inner channels would have come to light. The whole narrative on his returns were to see if he did, in fact pay or not pay taxes.

The whole foreign BS angle came afterwards and now presumably, being lumped into the same pile now.

There isn't any reason to think otherwise, the Russian narrative is fake news and so the need to check doesn't exist.

38 million in taxes, mmph.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

I don't care for the rest of the returns, 38 million is a nice chuck most don't ever hope to attain or payoff. He is good in my book.

I thought the Bush Tax cuts were supposed to benefit the rich.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

"The alternative minimum tax (AMT) is a supplemental income tax imposed by the United States federal government required in addition to baseline income tax for certain individuals, corporations, estates, and trusts that have exemptions or special circumstances allowing for lower payments of standard income tax."

Yeah, I saw that when I looked it up myself, but I still don't understand when or why it's applied. Did Trump have to pay it because his name is his business, and his income and his corporation's profits are not separate? So, he pays his own income tax and his corporate tax from his personal account?

Tax dummy here!

edit on 15-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Here is some related fun with Stefan.

lol. "they suuuuuuuuuuukkkk"

edit on 3 15 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Yeah well I guess we can blame his accountant. Actually, I've seen a lot of remarks on that.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Arnie123

I thought the Bush Tax cuts were supposed to benefit the rich.

The Liberal Media said the same thing about Reagan's tax cuts. The more things change....

An off-topic question: Was there any CONSERVATIVE media in 1980, when Ronald Reagan was elected?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I think if it were the case as you have suggested, then something within the inner channels would have come to light. The whole narrative on his returns were to see if he did, in fact pay or not pay taxes.

Maybe to some, but I think that narrative is a deflection. We want to see where his money comes from and who he owes, now, not 12 years ago. Does he keep money offshore, to avoid taxes?

Stuff like this: Two Trump Companies Discovered In Cyprus, EU’s Russian Off-Shore Banking Haven

These developments raise troubling foreign relationships between Trump and the Russian oligarch class, between his Cabinet pick and that class, and by both of them with Vladimir Putins top EU ally state.

edit on 15-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

“Client Copy”: Did Donald Trump Leak That Tax Return to Maddow?

So. Either Donald Trump leaked this himself, or someone with a “client copy” did. Given that there appears to be nothing embarrassing about the return whatsoever, and the world is laughing at Maddow, my money’s on Trump being the leaker.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

introvert
How can we prove if their actions were wrong/unconstitutional if we do not know whom they are tied to?
That's the main point here.

How can we prove you didn't rape a male squirrel unless we are allowed to investigate, question the squirrel and check for mishandled nuts?

You owe me for a keyboard cleaning!

Now I have to print out your response and hang it on the wall. One of the best I've seen.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
'' I will leak Trumps tax return '' - Maddow

'' It is illegal to release Tax returns '' - Trump

'' No it isnt '' - Maddow

“It shall be unlawful for any person to whom any return or return information (as defined in section 6103(b)) is disclosed in a manner unauthorized by this title thereafter willfully to print or publish in any manner not provided by law any such return or return information. Any violation of this paragraph shall be a felony punishable by a fine in any amount not exceeding $5,000, or imprisonment of not more than 5 years, or both, together with the costs of prosecution.”

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join