It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Spicer says Trump is 'extremely confident' that DOJ will find evidence of wiretapping

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

I'm not sure Obama would be that interested in pushing anyway, Trump dribbles such drivel that he makes anything he says on Twitter a joke apart from to his devoted fanbase, but of course some people may want to see Trump actually add substance to his claims by providing truth to them so that he doesn't just come to be seen as a semi senile laughing stock. Won't happen though, he's probably forgot he tweeted it in the first place.

It's a tweet. Those who expect more from a tweet should probably lay off the screen time for a while.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Clearly they don't have concret evidence, and are trying to buy themselves time to find it. I think this is a chess move that will back fire.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
As i'm catching up, : Trump Stands by unverified wiretap

US President Donald Trump has stood by his unsubstantiated claim that Barack Obama wiretapped Trump Tower last year.

He told Fox News a "wiretap covers a lot of different things" and hinted more could emerge in the coming weeks.

Mr Obama has denied the charge and former spy chiefs and several lawmakers have said they have seen no evidence.

But in the interview, Mr Trump said: "I think you're going to find some very interesting items coming to the forefront over the next two weeks"

Ok, it's out there.... Trump says so, it must be true.

How will this pan out, what surprising evidence could Trump have ?

Round 2 ?

edit on 15/3/17 by Damiel because: to add context from the article

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: joshysway
Clearly they don't have concret evidence, and are trying to buy themselves time to find it. I think this is a chess move that will back fire.

They have evidence.

It's all classified.

All of it.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
We can only imagine the infighting going on inside the DOJ this week.

Most of any "evidence" is long gone and covered up.

They had from Nov 9th to Jan 19th to do it.

But maybe somebody has "copies" and maybe some people deliberately "mis-filed" some info to find later.

How is that possible? Trump just recently made this claim, as if it were fact. I don't think he was going on long filed away facts. Your theory doesn't make sense. That's kind of the point of covering something up.. so there is nothing to come up to being with. Trump supposedly has something.. yes? Otherwise why would he make such grand claims?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

This is why I think vault 7 was released in order to make the technology common knowledge.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: conscientiousobserver

Very good point, the timing is very good.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   
""Trump told host Tucker Carlson that the administration "will be submitting things" to the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence "very soon." The president added that he "will be, perhaps speaking about this next week" and predicted that "you’re going to find some very interesting items coming to the forefront over the next 2 weeks.""

www.msn.com... anntp

VERY INTRIGUING ISNT IT?
edit on 3/15/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

VERY INTRIGUING ISNT IT?

Not really. No.
No more intriguing than that 5,000,000 illegal votes.
edit on 3/15/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Why would he surveil Trump at all? I mean Obama made no move to shut down flights from nations experiencing an ebola pandemic. Obama made no moves to curtail immigration from failed Islamic states even after the Fort Hood shooting.

It seems to me Trump promising to tighten our borders is not a threat in need of surveillance.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

VERY INTRIGUING ISNT IT?

Not really. No.
No more intriguing than that 5,000,000 illegal votes.

The President didn't call for an investigation into that. Too hard to prove. But this time, he has the little thing that was in his mattress.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

The President didn't call for an investigation into that.
False.

“I’m going to set up a commission to be headed by Vice President Mike Pence and we’re going to look at it very, very carefully,” Trump told Fox News’s Bill O’Reilly in an interview airing Sunday afternoon before the Super Bowl.

thehill.com...
edit on 3/16/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Why didn't Congress take that voter-fraud investigation request seriously, but did take the "Obama tapped me" investigation request seriously?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Why didn't Congress take that voter-fraud investigation request seriously, but did take the "Obama tapped me" investigation request seriously?
Nice diversion, but you'll have to ask your Representatives that question.

My guess is that it may have something to do with the possibility that it is connected to investigations of Russian attempts to influence the election (which various intelligence agencies seem to be pretty sure happened) and there was no reason to think that there were significant levels of voter fraud.

Does it bother you that Congress has asked the president for evidence?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Nice diversion, but you'll have to ask your Representatives that question.

My guess is that it may have something to do with the possibility that it is connected to investigations of Russian attempts to influence the election (which various intelligence agencies seem to be pretty sure happened) and there was no reason to think that there were significant levels of voter fraud.

Does it bother you that Congress has asked the president for evidence?

I see that you are right. Senators NUNES and SCHIFF said that since the Russian-Trump investigation is ongoing, they might as well piggy-back President Trump's claims onto it.

It doesn't bother me that Congress has asked for evidence to substantiate the President's claim. What I'd like to know is why the JUSTICE DEPARTMENT has to present the evidence? Maybe President Trump was tweeting-mad after Jeff Sessions told him something, 11 days ago.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

What I'd like to know is why the JUSTICE DEPARTMENT has to present the evidence?

Come on. You really don't know?

The DOJ is the legal representative of the US Government. It is the president's legal team. Remember when Trump fired the acting AG?

Maybe President Trump was tweeting-mad after Jeff Sessions told him something, 11 days ago.

You didn't see Sessions answer the question tonight? Hint, he said "No."

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

She'd been in it lots of times before. As first lady for eight years and as Secretary of state for four years. No exactly a big deal for her.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

If there was surveillance they don't need to search archives for it. It was five months ago for crying out loud.
It should be easy to put their hands on those orders and transcripts of illegally recorded conversation where nothing is ever discussed that's not 100% pristine diligent legitimate campaign business of course. Because he's already assured us nothing found in his first tweet. How hard could it be to pull those orders and recordings . That bad (sick) Obama needs to go to jail right now... what's the hold up? He should be able to have clerks retrieve that before the weekend.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: uncommitted

I'm not sure Obama would be that interested in pushing anyway, Trump dribbles such drivel that he makes anything he says on Twitter a joke apart from to his devoted fanbase, but of course some people may want to see Trump actually add substance to his claims by providing truth to them so that he doesn't just come to be seen as a semi senile laughing stock. Won't happen though, he's probably forgot he tweeted it in the first place.

It's a tweet. Those who expect more from a tweet should probably lay off the screen time for a while.

You are incredibly naive for someone who likes to think of themselves as somehow intellectually superior to others. A tweet is in effect the same as the printed word in a more traditional sense.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AppreIron

They probably will find evidence now. The thing is, it's a substantially different charge than the one Trump first made. Trumps original charge was that Obama personally ordered wiretapping of Trump. The second, now amended charge is that the Obama Administration conducted surveilance of the candidates.

One of those is very illegal. The other is not.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join