It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Julian Assange: Intelligence Community Officials Plotting 'Pence Takeover'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

In a series of tweets today, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange claimed that according to unnamed sources, intelligence community officials close to Mike Pence are planning a "Pence takeover" of the White House and that Hillary Clinton is "quietly pushing" for the same via the impeachment (and removal) of President Trump:

According to Assange, his sources did not state whether or not Vice President Pence was in favor of the move. Assange later tweeted a link to a CNN story with VP Pence's response to his tweets:

Pence calls Assange tweets about 'Pence takeover' of White House 'absurd' and 'offensive'

"I would find all of that dialogue to be absurd and frankly offensive," Pence told radio host Laura Ingraham. "It is the greatest honor of my life to serve shoulder-to-shoulder with the 45th President of the United States. To see his leadership every day, to see the compassion that he has for the American people every day. I would dismiss that out of hand and tell you that I'm just, I'm so excited about the progress that we've been made strengthening this country, protecting this country, reviving this country's economy and all credit goes to President Donald Trump."

Are Assange's sources credible? Can Assange himself be believed? Was this a warning to Trump or was he simply trying to foment discord between Trump and Pence? If the latter, to what end?
edit on 2017-3-14 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Interesting. If it gets rid of Bannon and Stephen Miller, I'm all for Pence as president instead of Trump. Those two are the main reasons I could never support this administration.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I've figured on this for a while...and Hillary is totally incidental to the conversation. The GOP will let Trump do their dirty work, and as soon as they can impeach, they come riding to the rescue just in time for the mid-terms. And they think they can do it unscathed by Great Unwashed. I think they are in for another big surprise in that regard!

Quick edit to say that I am not passing judgement either way...just how I've figured it'll roll out. My greater concern is that Pence is very conservative...and the Trump's supporters won't take kindly to this sort of shenanigans.
edit on 14-3-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: Yes!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Until he provides evidence he cannot be believed, though I suspect there are some who are taking his words as gospel. I think a man who is holed-up in a little dungeon can be led to believe anything, by anyone, given that he has no other reference point but his own little bubble. I think it would be easy to feed him false info.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
If I was Trump I'd be watching Pence and Ryan like a hawk. Those two are a bigger threat to him than the Democrats.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I would think that if its true that XCIA agents leaked the Vault 7 files to Wiki then there may be some truth to what he tweeted .Wiki is not known for putting out fake stuff .

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Trump won't go down quietly.

Would be quite a show if they actually pulled an impeachment off.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Good luck with the impeachment route, he hasn't done anything yet. But what the hell, make s*** up, its what they do nowadays with impunity.

Have always done. Reagan and Iran Contra, Clinton and Lewinskygate, Bush and his military duty, Obamas birth certificate, now Trump's...

...wait, what has he done exactly? Win the election?

Lol, y'all been suckered by the false division bell, again...

The presider, the MC, the announcer, the scape goat... sign right here Mr. President:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Impeachment does not mean removal from office. It is far harder to convict in the Senate than it is to impeach in the House. Two presidents have been impeached. None has ever been removed from office.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
good luck with impeachment

i hope people realize if they think trump is bad... pence would be much much worse

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

...a man who is holed-up in a little dungeon can be led to believe anything, by anyone, given that he has no other reference point but his own little bubble.

Really, that describes everybody.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The deep state globalists and military industrial complex are getting desperate if they're willing to take Pence lol.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I think Assange is credible. This is a scenario that I've thought was in the cards too. Pretty much everyone (aside from the Trump wing of Republicans) would prefer Pence to Trump. The VP is usually an insurance program that if they get rid of you, someone even worse will rise up. But right now, people would prefer the VP.

If it happens I think the timing will be about 1.5 years into the term. It's the most optimal time since it allows for a bunch of delays with confirmations, then sets up chaos going into midterms, and then leads to even more confirmation delays.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Great, except for two things. Pence and Hillary.

Hillary can't be the Democratic Nominee next time...she has to be done.

Pence is establishment...he's what the problem is.

Pence and Hillary are both establishment, partisan politics as usual. You might get some green energy subsidies under Clinton and you might get some religious freedom bills under pence. Other than that they're the same.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jiggly
good luck with impeachment

i hope people realize if they think trump is bad... pence would be much much worse

"Spirits that I've summoned My commands ignore"
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I'd like to see this backfire and bring the deep state to their knees where they belong. We're in some damn dangerous dystopian territory with the clandestine IC trying to bring down their own nation's duly elected president. Most scholars would call that a direct act of sedition, which is properly punishable by death.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
They'd have to "Kennedy" him or just conduct a coup.

Too many already want this so I'd say it's plausible.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
People better be careful what they wish for. If you think Trump is bad, Pence is way worse.

He signed a law that would have forced women to hold funerals for fetuses, even, in some cases, after a miscarriage.

Wait, what? That can’t possibly be true, can it? Well, the answer is that Malloy is mostly right, Pence did sign a law that requires fetuses to be “cremated or interred,” so it would be accurate to say that the law requires funerary services for any aborted or miscarried fetus “irrespective of gestational age or duration of pregnancy.”

www.mediaite.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Impeach for what? For winning the elections?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

Impeach for what? For winning the elections?

Yes, the lib snowflakes as well as the establishment, both R and Ds, want him impeached because they're pissed their girl didn't win.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join