It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivanka imported 50 tons of chinese goods during the donalds 'buy american' speech

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

not a tough guy or a 10 year old but ok.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

It's cheaper to have your goods manufactured in China, hence the reason Trump is looking for "fair trade" with China—he knows all about it. Only a poor business person would do otherwise.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I would think at this point in time in 2017 everyone who has posted in this thread has bought or currently buys Chinese...Hell the computer, mobile device, etc you're posting on is covered in Chinese parts and materials.....

OP don't get you panties in a wad over Ivanka purchasing Chinese...Wal-Mart, which just about every American shops at is one of the largest consumers of Chinese goods in the world...What President Trump said in his campaign and what he will be able to do on trade are two different things....I think the average American who voted for him was smart enough to know the difference between campaign Rhetoric and real world application...

We were all just glad he had the cojones to point it out and make an attempt at moving away from "business as usual"

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
my question is simple...
do we have the manufacturing capability and workers to produce Ivanka's crap here in the states?
I've worked for two companies that employed sewers, neither of which were in the clothing, purse, or shoe industry. they were printing companies, simple straight line hems mostly.. just about all of the sewers in one of those companies were either near or beyond retirement age. one of the first questions they would ask their female applicants, even if they were a skilled printer was weather they could sew. heck, they even tried to train me... but, I was a lost cause...lol.

so, while they are telling us to buy american, are they overlooking the small fact that we let our manufacturing base deteriorate into ruins decades ago and there really isn't much made here anymore, except debt?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

i wouldnt go so far as to say my panties are in a wad.
i said it rubs me the wrong way

and i will be the first to admit i buy the # out of some chinese products. i shop the hell out of wal mart too.

what i dont do is go out and preach buy american and buy american jobs.

that is why it rubs me the wrong way

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

i wouldnt go so far as to say my panties are in a wad.
i said it rubs me the wrong way

and i will be the first to admit i buy the # out of some chinese products. i shop the hell out of wal mart too.

what i dont do is go out and preach buy american and buy american jobs.

Then you just don't understand a campaign....Every President has made hypocritical statements or "lied" to the American people to get into office just to do exactly the opposite when they actually get elected...

And besides you're not even talking about broken campaign promises from a President....You're talking about what his daughter is doing.....

WHO CARES???? I mean really....Are you this interested in the Bush girls and if they still excessively party?? Or worried about the Obama girls smoking so much dope they look like a coal engine on a freight train??
edit on 14-3-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It's cheaper to have your goods manufactured in China, hence the reason Trump is looking for "fair trade" with China—he knows all about it. Only a poor business person would do otherwise.

Trump=4 bankruptcies

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

come on, bringing manufacturing jobs back from china was a HUGE campaign talking point.

he can lead by example. all those jobs!!

whatever you do don't hold him to it. he expects you won't.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

Trump=4 bankruptcies

so what?? Most people who have risked it all to go into business fail more than once.....Hell there are millions and millions of Bankruptcies every year.....I will take double those bankruptcies to be a billionaire....

Let me guess you would be to proud and one bankruptcy would have made you quit.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

He's been talking about it since the 1980s. Back then it was Japan. Now it's China. Change has to come from Congress. They are the legislative body. America is not Russia, where 1 man has all the power. In America the president only signs bills passed by Congress.

edit on 14-3-2017 by allsee4eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Then stop looking for stories that rub you the wrong way.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

come on, bringing manufacturing jobs back from china was a HUGE campaign talking point.

he can lead by example. all those jobs!!

whatever you do don't hold him to it. he expects you won't.

No one said anything about not holding anyone to anything...I was merely pointing out that broken campaign promises are not anything new....I mean do you know of a president who has kept "all" their campaign promises??

I'll wait for your answer.....

I would say so far President Trump is keeping more promises than most President at this point in their Presidencies however I am a fan of letting the cake bake all the way before I judge the taste....People around here should do the same...

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
Ivanka Trump is to me seeming to be more and more of a traitor than a 1st Lady that supports America.

First lady. Donnie wishes!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
it was fifty tons of hair gel for Donald. about a years worth according to "air hair inc"

some super nano particulate compound with an anti whisp recipe i heard.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

I agree that it's quite distasteful to indicate what is right/wrong as a President, but avoid the debates of one's own participation in a said wrong doing at the same time.

There is an element of rich people, in general, that wrong doing is determined by what is written in law. I'd bet heavy that the Trumps and essentially all elitists know that a lot of their actions are wrong, but justify it by indicating that the law makers of previous created the loop holes to manipulate finances. The rich use the financial and political connections to move the chips in their favors.

What did Trump say during the debates when Clinton confronted him on not paying any taxes? I recall him saying something to the tune of... "Yeah, that makes me smart". He knows its wrong to not be paying more taxes, but the financial attachments and multi-national corporation elements cause a 'do as I say and not as I do' persona when approaching the 99%.

These practices are always in play when the 1% is moving finances. The U.S. simply is new to witnessing on of these businesses (not politicians) holding seat of the President.

The only way to tell if Trump will work for the people before himself, is if he shuts down the loop holes that enable these crazy realities to begin with... by that I mean lobbyists and the fact that businesses have a vote equal to or greater than a person must go.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

The OP is a bit too emotion to handle that revelation, it means his attack on Trump will be null and void.

Great straw grasping thread, thanks for the laugh.

youre welcome

for the record i copied the headline as it was.
i am not really concerned with if the stuff came in during the speech or not.

what rubs me the wrong way is how he preaches buy american and so on yet he and ivanka get their product made elsewhere.

just keep on moving that goal post...
I bet he will change his and Ivankas business practise after he has time from cleaning up all of Obamas doo doo he left behind. That's a full time job right now.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

But # LEGO right?

The issue is HYPOCRISY, they don't walk the walk they talk.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: the owlbear

Trump=4 bankruptcies

so what?? Most people who have risked it all to go into business fail more than once.....Hell there are millions and millions of Bankruptcies every year.....I will take double those bankruptcies to be a billionaire....

Let me guess you would be to proud and one bankruptcy would have made you quit.

HA! I can't even afford health insurance.

My bad, though. I guess. Since your world is so rosy.

And it's my fault I don't because I can't pull myself up by the bootstraps.
And yes...any major health problem I have WILL be YOUR responsibility since I can't get any preventable care or anything else.

Have fun paying for me

edit on 14-3-2017 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

Ivanka Trump is to me seeming to be more and more of a traitor than a 1st Lady that supports America.

I would hope she doesn't seem like the 1st Lady, because she isn't.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I read that headline at first as "50 Tons of Cheese from China" LOL

WTF you want 50 tons of Cheese from China!

Apparently I need new glasses. LOL

edit on 14-3-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join