It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivanka imported 50 tons of chinese goods during the donalds 'buy american' speech

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

But did you know that even as President Donald Trump promised to create jobs by following “two simple rules: Buy American and hire American” in his January inauguration speech, huge shipments of his daughter’s line were reportedly on the way to the U.S. from China?

More than 53.5 tons of Ivanka Trump-branded shoes, bags, and clothes were sailing to American ports in eight shipments “even as he spoke,” according to customs receipts obtained by French news organization Agence France-Presse.

President Trump promised to bring more factory jobs to this country and accused China of stealing manufacturing work. But at least one shipment per business day of Ivanka Trump’s shoes and other offerings continues to be sent from China, according to the AFP investigation, and the Global Times reported last month that a Chinese factory has already received an order for 10,000 Ivanka Trump shoes for next season.

the article goes on to say it is outsourced internationally due to cost...

i know many think huffington is fake news but i found this article interesting.

we all know a great deal of the donalds # is made over seas too.

i guess when he says buy american he means everyone else

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Wait... Are you telling me a presidential candidate pandered and possibly lied to the American people?!?!

WHERE IS THE EFFING OUTRAGE!?!?

Seriously, I can think of a time this has ever happened!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

This is one thing that does bother me. I see that all these people have made a shi-ton of $$$ on the slave labor of 3rd world labor pools. And now that it has hit the breaking point act like they are the saviors.

It isn't cost that makes them go out of the the US, it is profit. Not just good profit, but outrageous and what some would call obscene profits.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I tried telling people Trump is just like all the other Presidents before him, nobody listened.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
yep, and the Chinese get the jobs.

biggest con job ever.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
From the same hypocrites who lambasted Trump for citing the statistic that two people are killed everyday in Chicago and using that fact to make the point that "two people were killed during Obama's Chicago speech".

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Seems like Ivanka Trump gets special treatment from the chicomms for peddeling their crap goods. How rich. So much for being all about being American....

Ivanka Trump is to me seeming to be more and more of a traitor than a 1st Lady that supports America.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Under the current economic policies, if you are an American business man or woman and you use American raw materials, you would not be able to compete with other American business men or women who use Chinese raw materials and therefore you would go bankrupt.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
From the same hypocrites who lambasted Trump for citing the statistic that two people are killed everyday in Chicago and using that fact to make the point that "two people were killed during Obama's Chicago speech".

Is this how ATS works now, instead of debating the topic or disproving it, you attack the source?

Claim it is fake news or use Obama name, his admin or Clinton and you consider that a valid rebuttal?
edit on 14-3-2017 by Mictain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Wait... Are you telling me a presidential candidate pandered and possibly lied to the American people?!?!

WHERE IS THE EFFING OUTRAGE!?!?

Seriously, I can think of a time this has ever happened!

The outrage is where the people who actually pay taxes (unlike our "esteemed" president) are footing the bill for his adult offspring to jet set around the globe raising awareness of the Trump brand, Don's own near weekly trips to the resort HE OWNS thereby having the taxpayers pay for all of the meals and room and board of his security detail to...TRUMP!

But it's okay? I guess.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

This is one thing that does bother me. I see that all these people have made a shi-ton of $$$ on the slave labor of 3rd world labor pools. And now that it has hit the breaking point act like they are the saviors.

It isn't cost that makes them go out of the the US, it is profit. Not just good profit, but outrageous and what some would call obscene profits.

im thinking it costs more to get the # made here so they get it done in china and other places to increase their profits.

it just rubs me the wrong way.
buy american
american jobs
make america great again

all while getting your # made in china for as cheap as possible to bring it back to mark it up as much as possible.

he was on tv a little more than a month ago talking about how companies that head over seas will face heavy taxes on the way back in.
i dont get why he thinks it is ok to do that to others while he and ivanka are huge offenders

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Under the current economic policies, if you are an American business man or woman and you use American raw materials, you would not be able to compete with other American business men or women who use Chinese raw materials and therefore you would go bankrupt.

ok but having a net worth of billions and being bankrupt are very far apart.

is it possible for an american company to actually get their # made here(for a higher cost), and sell it here(for less of a profit) and accumulate a net worth of only 1 billion instead of 2?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Its a no brainer to buy american. No matter the cost. American jobs create american good and people buy american. Increase foreign export tariffs and discourage consumers from buying foreign made goods.

link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Where are you getting those numbers?

link   
Where is the receipt that this French reporter claims to have?

link   

so what do you think about the article?
anything?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

and that makes it not fact?

Trump promised to bring jobs back( but the fine prints read 'one tax break to CEOs at a time' otherwise its business as usual: capitalism. )

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Very true, it is a bout make as much as you can as fast as you can. No matter what.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

edit on 14-3-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join