It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

flat earthers GET OUT!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
If people want to believe the earth is flat.....and they want to go to a what used to be conspiracy website to discuss this, who are you to tell them to GET OUT.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
How could it possibly be flat ?

Where would the hollow earth inhabitants live ?

Sheesh

I know for real.

I'm planning a vacation to hollow earth I would be very pissed if I was misled.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I don't think there are that many "flat earthers" out there - they are just really loud and obnoxious about it and it gets attention because a) it is so ridiculous and b) used to discredit other conspiracy theories that hit closer to the mark.

And to the guy that says we should investigate both sides, I have done this. But the flat earth presentations are beyond ludicrous. One video I watched was like 30 minutes of a guy walking up the stairs of lighthouse until he got to the top and looked out at the horizon and said, "see, it's flat."

Wow, mind blown.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

You probably should have backed your opinion up a little more...ohh wait it's a fact so your probably good.

I have watched the videos and I don't get it either.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
the rise of this conspiracy theory is a bad omen about where humanity is heading,we are going back in terms of intelligence,just because some people are dumb.

...this is exactly what went through my mind when I first heard about it.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
I don't think there are that many "flat earthers" out there - they are just really loud and obnoxious about it and it gets attention because a) it is so ridiculous and b) used to discredit other conspiracy theories that hit closer to the mark.

And I'd argue it's by design. "Flat Earth" isn't even the most bizarre one used. Many years ago, there was one which stated that "roach people" were hibernating under the Pentagon and controlling the actions of the people inside through mind control.

It's all a ploy to distract from anything accurate or remotely plausible. It has been going on for decades. Hell, perhaps centuries

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Too funny... but I know exactly what you mean. Flat earth and calling every white stream out of a plane a chem trail are the 2 that make me smack my head searching for logic... and I am quite quick to muster up a deep conspiracy of most things.

I am not too educated on Scientology beliefs, but I almost have to wonder if that particular religion is where flat Earth theory stemmed from. Maybe there is a Codon element to it that I am missing, I don't know?

All I can picture is... a pilot in distress that all abilities to fly anywhere but perfectly straight, and he calls in, "Mayday Mayday... if steering is not restored in 90 seconds, this airplane will leave the atmosphere."

Since all people are "Left or Right" now, I guess we must include that to change Sunrise/Sunset to Sunright/Sunleft too, huh? The sunrights on the pacific coast are to die for!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ttobban

I am not too educated on Scientology beliefs, but I almost have to wonder if that particular religion is where flat Earth theory stemmed from. Maybe there is a Codon element to it that I am missing, I don't know?

Nope don't think flat earth is part of the wacky Scientology belief system.

I think the roots of the modern flat earth theory comes from the mid 1800's and just recently seen a resurgence.

English writer Samuel Rowbotham (1816–1885), writing under the pseudonym "Parallax," produced a pamphlet called Zetetic Astronomy in 1849 arguing for a flat Earth and published results of many experiments that tested the curvatures of water over a long drainage ditch, followed by another called The inconsistency of Modern Astronomy and its Opposition to the Scripture. One of his supporters, John Hampden, lost a bet to Alfred Russel Wallace in the famous Bedford Level Experiment, which attempted to prove it. In 1877 Hampden produced a book called "A New Manual of Biblical Cosmography".[120] Rowbotham also produced studies that purported to show that the effects of ships disappearing below the horizon could be explained by the laws of perspective in relation to the human eye.[121] In 1883 he founded Zetetic Societies in England and New York, to which he shipped a thousand copies of Zetetic Astronomy.
wikepedia

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

I fully support this rant S&F

Flat earthers, Take your stupidity to another forum...

GET THE F**** OUT OF ATS...

You don't belong here

How in the flying feck can you say with any seriousness that they or anyone else dont belong here?

Believe it or not its a conspiracy and before this was a politics forum it was known as a conspiracy forum.

For those who say it doesnt belong because its false, how many people say the same about 9/11 or the moon landings or almost any topic on here.

You know who I think need to get out, people trying to dictate was is and isnt acceptable as a topic on this forum

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

Think whatever you like brother...

Personally i hold this forum to a higher standard.... I've been on many many forums, and ATS is top notch...

ABOVE all others so to speak... perhaps the last bastion of intelligence on the web

Flat earth isn't a conspiracy... Its utter stupidity that stems from the good book, which only states it vaguely...

Those that push such nonsense don't belong here in my humble opinion

SO please... ask me how much i care if you think im dictating who does or doesn't belong

As IF my opinion holds any authority

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
a reply to: DarkvsLight29

well same thing really

I got what you ment was just being factual lol.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SolAquarius

That's right... Thetans... hahaha.

I actually like to hear the theories, because I have went 180 on view points on things more important than that and I am always up for the adventures of learning more. I did actually just brew up a pretty funny correlation to flat Earth and Christopher Columbus.

Columbus was attempting to navigate a flat Earth to establish sea worthy trade routes that avoid conflict in the Middle East. Hahaha... funny that the area was in conflict even back to those times and that some were willing to sail off the edge of the world to avoid it... but that's not the funny correlation. Columbus, in my opinion, did not discover America. The funny correlation is that I've just realized Columbus is one of the most iconic conspiracy theorists of all time. U.S.A. celebrates him as discoverer of the New World too, so we all live in such conspiracy theories because they were always and always be part of navigating the unknown. Because history is not rewritten in government when new facts come to light, or it moves at a snails pace to have an answer that fits history instead of current needs, the masses are left but no choice but to be conspiracy theorists. Conspiracy is the modern day exploration as lands are known about nowadays.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
no! earth is a #ing string! it spins and spins to make it look like a sphere, but once we die, that string stops spinning in front of us, and we just climb up to the next dimension. once the string knows we have reached our incarnated 4th dimensional being, then it spins or twists into a different way.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Ok, I am just going to be honest. This is one of those topics, as I kind of alluded to in a previous post, I don't really see the relevance of. I understand it's important to those who take the whole "four corners of the earth" thing literally and those who think science is "infallible," but in the grand scheme of things, it's just really not that relevant. To me, it's equatable to arguing over the "race" of Jesus. It doesn't really matter.

Now, I know it's an interesting topic to consider, but frankly, all we know is what we have been told all of our lives. Now, personally, I am inclined to think it's spherical. Wooo-hooo. So what?

Here's the deal. As I said before, at the rate humanity is going, it's not going to matter if it's spherical, flat, square or triangular, we're in some deep #. We have governments out of control. We have massive environmental problems. We have fanatics of all shapes, sizes, colors and creeds trying to ram their ideologies down everyone's throat. The list goes on. But I am going to sit around and worry about whether the planet is a sphere or planchette? I think not.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

You say the forum is top notch, when combined with everything else you said it comes across like your saying ATS has the most content you approve of/agree with.

Is it just flat earth you dont like?
Should we also do away with reptilian stuff, chemtrails, how about aliens?

Everything on this site should be taken with a grain of salt and I cant get my jead around why you or anyone else would dissapprove of any topic that doesnt seek to incite violence or hatred.

Dictating who belongs here or even saying someone doesnt belong due to their beliefs clashing with yours just seems very fascisty.

I personally dont care if you care or not and like you I dont care whether or not you care if I care, your opinion is just as valid as mine and the same goes for flat earthers

Lighten up dude

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

You say the forum is top notch, when combined with everything else you said it comes across like your saying ATS has the most content you approve of/agree with.

its not even that... there is tons of things i disagree with on this site

Is it just flat earth you dont like?

yup... its the only topic that blows my mind due to the lack of anything that points to a flat earth...

Theres nothing... literally

Nothing but religious fundies, or conspiracy nuts that have been at it for far too long... which turns into mental illness... and yes i believe this to be true, i have a few former friends that went that way

Everything on this site should be taken with a grain of salt and I cant get my jead around why you or anyone else would dissapprove of any topic that doesnt seek to incite violence or hatred.

I don't approve of those topics either... but flat earth crosses the line

Dictating who belongs here or even saying someone doesnt belong due to their beliefs clashing with yours just seems very fascisty.

Well again, my opinion is just that...

I personally dont care if you care or not and like you I dont care whether or not you care if I care, your opinion is just as valid as mine and the same goes for flat earthers

Lighten up dude

And of course that is all Good... i have very few issues with the members of our forum.... mind you there are a few that im not fond of, but that is neither here nor there...

I an extremely tolerant of wild thoughts and ideas... reptilians, aliens... frickin unicorns... doesn't matter! People are free to believe whatever they wish to... You know as well as anyone i am always in the religious and philosophy forums more then any other, arguing my personal beliefs.

Though again this topic crosses the line even for religion... i have less issue with Adam and eve, and noahs flood then i do with flat earth... at least those things might have some reality to them

Even Unicorns FFS!!! Sure... maybe at one point in the past they might have existed, theres some crazy beasties that lived millions of years ago so who really knows

Flat earth has nothing.... WE know for a fact the earth is NOT flat... and when you actually have this discussion with these people they spin up pure bullsh!t to reinforce their delusions, which of course they found on Youtube... put there buy some other nut probably just to laugh at the idiocy that comes from those that actually believe it

I had a discussion with one of these people that called stars "lights in the sky" because we really don't know what they are... Planets? Just lights in the sky, we have no idea what they actually are...

I've seen Saturns rings with simple binoculars... i see Venus in the sky every night at about 7pm... I've been watching the sky all my life... and i know many others do as well

I had one guy tell me he doesn't believe in Satellites... Even though you can see them with the naked eye on a clear night any time you wish....I've seen the ISS pass over my house a few times... but he doesn't believe in such things.... thats like saying i don't believe in trains, planes or cars... or i don't believe china exists because, well... i've never been there so who knows right?

And the worse part of all this is, when they have nothing to say or no argument... they usually get belligerent... Just like a typical religious fundy... and i can even tolerate them!!

But flat earthers... NO Sir...

Our species does not need this type of opinion circulating anywhere... and yes this is my opinion as well so take it as you will... this garbage lowers the IQ of this forum... and the human race as a whole, as if society needs any more stupid

Sigh...

Pardon my rant... but i still agree with the OP

and always will

edit on 15-3-2017 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

pedantic bestard = its an oblate spheroid

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
But gravity?
And if the earth is flat, please show me the edge so I can jump off it.

So many rules of physics would have new properties.
Is it just the earth that's flat? Because the other planets look mighty round.
Could the sun also be flat?

Somebody get me a flat earther! these are legit concerns

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Well technically the earth is also not a sphere, but rather an ellipsoid

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Some of the flat Earth arguments are interesting. Someone elsewhere stated that the Illuminati card game has a card that states something to the effect of, "Though they are wrong about the flat Earth, the flat earthers know something."

There might be something to that angle...
I quote myself to ask this related question:

Could some of the seeming anomalies/paradox of the flat Earth proposition be indicative of the Holographic Universe theory? Meaning, no you flat Earthers the Earth isn't flat, but it ain't 'zactly 3D either, it's other.

Just a thought and a serious question if anyone has a working understand of the two.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join