It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's play spin the lie..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
So ... first out of the gate is "Who cares about a lie?"

Second is a variation on: "'It's just locker-room talk" (boys will be boys.)

I would bet we have one coming up that explains that Trump has been "Photoshopped" into one of the videos ... and then of course, there's the Mandela Effect to consider.

What a world; what a world.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: SlapMonkey
a reply to: underwerks
Damn...he really got this political speak down quickly.

I will say this--I believe him now more than I would believe what he said 3 or 4 years ago. I'm willing to bet that, in Trump fashion, he was building himself up to seem more connected than he really is, and now that he has to be relatively honest about his relationships with foreign leaders, reality is setting in.

A phone call does not a relationship make. Having nice things said about you by someone does not a relationship make. I think that Trump is probably delusional about what really is a relationship.

He may well have been just talking himself up in the clip from a few years ago, that's a thought I had as well. But that's still a lie. And a lot of people don't believe he lies.
Well, lol, if he doesn't, he'll either learn or be forced into it. That you can rest assured of.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Obviously he was full of # at one point or maybe even now in regards to his relationship to Putin. Thing is most of us don't care about the little things when he is following through with his campaign promises. Any other questions you want answers to?

So you admit he lies but don't care because he tells you he's following through with his promises. My question is how do you know he's telling you the truth about his "promises"? Data, statistics, or whatever you want to use to prove Trump is keeping his promises is coming directly from the same person you are admitting is lying in this instance. Why isn't he lying about those as well? Especially when he has more reason to.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
So ... first out of the gate is "Who cares about a lie?"

Second is a variation on: "'It's just locker-room talk" (boys will be boys.)

I would bet we have one coming up that explains that Trump has been "Photoshopped" into one of the videos ... and then of course, there's the Mandela Effect to consider.

What a world; what a world.

Hey, we're on page two and no one has said fake news yet. I think we're making progress.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Obviously he was full of # at one point or maybe even now in regards to his relationship to Putin. Thing is most of us don't care about the little things when he is following through with his campaign promises. Any other questions you want answers to?

like his 30 day isis plan?
like his mexico is going to pay for the wall deal?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Then a lot of people are delusional.

But at the same time, if your implication in the OP is that all Trump supporters think him incapable of lying, I think that is an unfair generalization (IF that's the implication).

I didn't vote for him, but I support many of the things that he's doing--but damn, I know that he can (and will) probably lie with the best of them in D.C., and I think that it will just get worse the longer he's there.

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: SlapMonkey

my simple answer that works in my head is assume he is lying ... i just assume he is lying

Well, I think that it's unfair to approach everything from that stance--when doing so, you look for every chance that a lie could exist, and you start nit-picking all comments ("you" as in people in general).

On the other hand, he's now a politician, and his lips are moving, so there's that...

My approach is to always hope for the best, but expect the worst (when it comes to political claims).

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

My approach is to always hope for the best, but expect the worst (when it comes to political claims).

im with you on that...
its not like im of the opinion that politicians are the pinnacle of honesty.
trump is in a class of his own though...for me anyway...

to me he seems like he lies just for the hell of it...maybe a compulsion? i dont know

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Then a lot of people are delusional.

But at the same time, if your implication in the OP is that all Trump supporters think him incapable of lying, I think that is an unfair generalization (IF that's the implication).

I didn't vote for him, but I support many of the things that he's doing--but damn, I know that he can (and will) probably lie with the best of them in D.C., and I think that it will just get worse the longer he's there.

a reply to: SlapMonkey

my simple answer that works in my head is assume he is lying ... i just assume he is lying

Well, I think that it's unfair to approach everything from that stance--when doing so, you look for every chance that a lie could exist, and you start nit-picking all comments ("you" as in people in general).

On the other hand, he's now a politician, and his lips are moving, so there's that...

I don't think all Trump supporters think he's incapable of lying, just the majority on ATS. There's a few here who showed they wouldn't blindly support him over the cannabis and private prison issues, and that's very refreshing. I in no way think a few members of any group are an indication of the whole.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

im with you on that...
its not like im of the opinion that politicians are the pinnacle of honesty.
trump is in a class of his own though...for me anyway...

to me he seems like he lies just for the hell of it...maybe a compulsion? i dont know

I've known a lot of liars and supreme BS artists and it does feel like he genuinely enjoys lying, and watching people's reactions to his lies.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I chalk it up to politicians lie...

how many dems got popped recently for saying they never talk to ambassadors and it took all of about 5 mins of searching to prove them wrong?

years ago he was probably playing up his global importance... now he was playing up the America first line... not sure what there is to get worked up over.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I can actually see that, too--I think he likes playing with people's emotions, no matter what the statement is that allows him to do that. He has always come across to me (and I really haven't followed his public persona, though) as a guy who feels like he needs to project the image that he is untouchable, and now that he's president, he probably feels that pressure to the Nth degree.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
As a Trump supporter, he could be lying in both instances.
I personally don't care what he says about Putin, just as long as he isn't saying "we are going to war with Russia"
But my question is - why does it matter?
If you are only concerned that he lied in one or both instances and that lie is keeping you up at night, I would say to you "buckle up" because there are bigger lies out there to be worried about than this one or both.

To me as a Trump supporter, this "lie" about Putin either way, doesn't really matter to me at this point in time.
There are bigger fish to fry with the all the other problems in this country.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

how many dems got popped recently for saying they never talk to ambassadors and it took all of about 5 mins of searching to prove them wrong?

years ago he was probably playing up his global importance... now he was playing up the America first line... not sure what there is to get worked up over.

I thought the narrative was that he isn't a politician?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
As a Trump supporter, he could be lying in both instances.
I personally don't care what he says about Putin, just as long as he isn't saying "we are going to war with Russia"
But my question is - why does it matter?
If you are only concerned that he lied in one or both instances and that lie is keeping you up at night, I would say to you "buckle up" because there are bigger lies out there to be worried about than this one or both.

To me as a Trump supporter, this "lie" about Putin either way, doesn't really matter to me at this point in time.
There are bigger fish to fry with the all the other problems in this country.

I don't know, this seems like a pretty big lie. If there's nothing to be found then why not come out and say that yes, I had a relationship with Putin, as I said years ago. It's only by lying about it that a lot of suspicions are raised. In my mind at least.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Well as a Trump supporter I think he was making himself look better in the first instance. It is obvious that you as an anti Trump person would rather believe that it is in the second instance. As it stands right now it is quite a petty string to be hanging on to. If he has or has not met Putin does not matter at all unless he is found to have been collaborating with him in some way or other that is detrimental to our country. The idea of constantly wanting to cause strife over any little thing you can find is in my opinion anti American.

UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

I thought the narrative was that he isn't a politician?

He is president he is a politician... and he has been toying with the idea of running since the '90s I think... also when you figure in he has been a big demcorat supporter most of his life... well draw your own conclusion.

And no.. not a politician is not what his biggest draw was... he was not a Hillary politician that made him more popular where is counted.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   

He is president he is a politician... and he has been toying with the idea of running since the '90s I think...

Actually, since the 1980s.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

hehe I knew it was one or the other... I have spent most of my life trying to block the 80s from my mind.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
What's the liberal definition of "having a relationship?"

What's the Trump definition of "having a relationship?"

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61

Well as a Trump supporter I think he was making himself look better in the first instance. It is obvious that you as an anti Trump person would rather believe that it is in the second instance. As it stands right now it is quite a petty string to be hanging on to. If he has or has not met Putin does not matter at all unless he is found to have been collaborating with him in some way or other that is detrimental to our country. The idea of constantly wanting to cause strife over any little thing you can find is in my opinion anti American.

UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL

Trump's lies divide more than anything me as a random nobody could ever say.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join