It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arctic ozone layer is thinning, scientists report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Ok, I am confused?

First the scientists said ozone is bad, we are all going to fry like fish in a skillet if we don't do something about the ozone levels in the upper atmostphere.

Then the scientists said we are going to cook like a lobster in a pot if we don't do something about global warming, the polar ice caps will melt and the oceans will rise and we all will be up to our arm pits in water with 80 degree temps as the norm world wide.

And now, today on msnbc the report states that the ozone levels are thinning and Europe will be in an ice age soon if we dont increase the ozone levels in the upper atmosphere????

What the Hell is going on, does anyone have a clue? Who do we trust on this. Or has this all just been a spin by the Serria Club and the Tree Huggers to get rid of petrolum products and to press their agenda!

Or is the Global Warming and the Ozone scare, just that a scare fabricated by these groups?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The ozone layer over the Arctic has thinned due to colder-than-normal temperatures, and "large scale losses" are likely if the cold conditions continue, a European research group reported.

February, March will be key
The European researchers said that if the Arctic stratosphere remains cold in February and March, large ozone loss is expected to take place as sunlight returns

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
Ok, I am confused?

First the scientists said ozone is bad, we are all going to fry like fish in a skillet if we don't do something about the ozone levels in the upper atmostphere.

Then the scientists said we are going to cook like a lobster in a pot if we don't do something about global warming, the polar ice caps will melt and the oceans will rise and we all will be up to our arm pits in water with 80 degree temps as the norm world wide.

And now, today on msnbc the report states that the ozone levels are thinning and Europe will be in an ice age soon if we dont increase the ozone levels in the upper atmosphere????

What the Hell is going on, does anyone have a clue? Who do we trust on this. Or has this all just been a spin by the Serria Club and the Tree Huggers to get rid of petrolum products and to press their agenda!

Or is the Global Warming and the Ozone scare, just that a scare fabricated by these groups?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

The ozone layer over the Arctic has thinned due to colder-than-normal temperatures, and "large scale losses" are likely if the cold conditions continue, a European research group reported.

February, March will be key
The European researchers said that if the Arctic stratosphere remains cold in February and March, large ozone loss is expected to take place as sunlight returns

I am confused, too.

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
the planet is messed up.. we all know that... it's just that no one knows how to fix it!!

E_T

posted on Feb, 1 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
If you don't know/bother to find information then posting WAGs or disinformation doesn't compensate that!

Ozone layer and global warming doesn't have nothing to do with each other directly. What they mean with that colder temperature is that temperature in upper atmosphere is lower than normal.

Ozone layer absorbs UV radiation protecting life on this planet, when UV radiation increases it causes lot of not so good things, for example skin cancer in human.
And CFC compounds are responsible to depletion of ozone layer.

This depletion of ozone layer in northern hemisphere is entirely same phenomena like one in souhern hemisphere. Atmospheric conditions just were more favorable above Antarctica for it to happen faster.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by E_T
If you don't know/bother to find information then posting WAGs or disinformation doesn't compensate that!

Ozone layer and global warming doesn't have nothing to do with each other directly. What they mean with that colder temperature is that temperature in upper atmosphere is lower than normal.

Ozone layer absorbs UV radiation protecting life on this planet, when UV radiation increases it causes lot of not so good things, for example skin cancer in human.
And CFC compounds are responsible to depletion of ozone layer.

This depletion of ozone layer in northern hemisphere is entirely same phenomena like one in souhern hemisphere. Atmospheric conditions just were more favorable above Antarctica for it to happen faster.

Well if I have to post always by the rules ... then why do you not have to follow simple grammar rules of english. I don't B*&TCH about you saying and I quote

Ozone layer and global warming doesn't have nothing to do with each other directly.

What should have been typed.

Ozone layer and global warming do not have anything to do with each other directly.

OR

Ozone layer and global warming have nothing to do with each other directly.

I mean, I am proud that you can format and push enter a couple of times but learn simple pronouns and adverbs and where they go. F$%# THIS STUPID A$$ §ITE ... People on it are freakin morons delete the posts that have good information in them or move them to the trash bin because they are not formatted right ... Type something anything put it in paragraph style ... they don't even read it ...

P.S. ... I am not even going to read any further in this post.

[edit on 2/2/2005 by bet555]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I am confused by your response, bet555, and I find it to be rather unnecessary and immature. I would suggest, in the future, to not judge people on their spelling/grammar (English is not everyones first language) and try to clean up your posts a bit before you post them (language and personal attacks).

PS...

Bet555
I mean, I am proud that you can format and push enter a couple of times but learn simple pronouns and adverbs and where they go. F$%# THIS STUPID A$$ §ITE ... People on it are freakin morons delete the posts that have good information in them or move them to the trash bin because they are not formatted right ... Type something anything put it in paragraph style ... they don't even read it ...

I believe that the above belongs in the rant thread.

[edit on 2/2/2005 by Thaumaturgus]

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Why are you freaking out on E_T Anyway? Don't like his answer? Disagree with it? Or is it just his grammer you have an issue with. If that is the case remember not everyone on this board speaks English as a first language mmkay
Yeah btw one line posts with a huge quote will get ya warned but if you hate ATS and its members opinions/intelligence so much why are you still posting here anyway? As for your allegations about threads being deleted because of thier format, proof please? Most of the time threads get deleted for thier content not thier formatting, BIG DIFFERNCE!

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I have many many many posts of mine to be deleted ... BTW, I am sorry about the rant ... that was definately a rant. I am surprised that Banshee hasn't founded my posts here and deleted them. I guess they just look at my begginging posts and delete them when they say bet555 on them. Or they are so far out of reach that they don't understand them.

p.s. sorry about making this thread about something that it is not suppose to be.

[edit on 2/8/2005 by bet555]

join