It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White canadian christians refused entry into the USA

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I understand your frustration that 5 years later in a country as developped as the USA there is still a mess to clean up from hurricane sandy, even more so in the poor neighbourhoods, the rich ones prolly dont remember sandy.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Hurricane Sandy, really?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one. While they're at it, maybe they can help with the mess from 9/11.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Golantrevize

Looks like a total phony story.

Jokes and Puns

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Oh look! The inane "FAKE NEWS" peanut gallery popped up again, like a wound up Jack in Box!

edit on 14-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Oh look! The inane "FAKE NEWS" peanut gallery popped up again, like a wound up Jack in Box!

lol

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I think perhaps you are too easily fooled when it's ideologically convenient?

If their intent was just to help, there is nothing stopping a tourist from helping while here unless it's a paid job, which is not of course doing work for charitable reasons, but to earn money. Assuming they had proper documentation, as I said they could have simply said they were visiting tourists and come right in.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

I think perhaps you are too easily fooled when it's ideologically convenient?

If their intent was just to help, there is nothing stopping a tourist from helping while here unless it's a paid job, which is not of course doing work for charitable reasons, but to earn money. Assuming they had proper documentation, as I said they could have simply said they were visiting tourists and come right in.

So you're asking this religious group to lie, when they already have a history of passing through with no trouble? That's your response?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
That problem will solve itself. Another couple of days of The Orange One and his so called government and nobody wants to travel to the former USA anymore. Same with Turkey right now. Same kind of rulers, same outcome.

And i guess the Trumpeteers need to build the wall quickly, completely surrounding every inch of former US ground. Otherwise they will face the same problems as the former GDR and the leftover sane people will flee in masses.

Meanwhile, whole Germany is laughing about Trumps threats, regarding mechanical engineering and taxes:
Import Dispute - German mechanical engineers greet Trump threats with a smile
German link, if you wanna smile, please use a translator!

One comment, among a lot of others:
"90% of the so called well-developed US mechanical engineers wouldn´t even make the german intermediate examinations"
And that´s true.

Buy american?
Produce american!
Oh wait, no chance without machines of quality from Germany(plus Japan, China and Mexico)...

They even had to infect themselves with Nazis, with operation paperclip. Otherwise they would still have to travel in little prop airliners around "their great nation". That btw since Reagan should be made great again, but nothing like this happens or happened. In reality it is the other way around...

Those "empires" with such lunatic rulers finish themselves, as we can see live in the nearest future, looking at Turkey and the former USA!
It´s just sad that the majority of nice and sane citizens have to suffer because of such wannabe Hitlers.

edit on 14 3 2017 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Then you are not familiar with the Daily Kos at all? I'm not even a Republican and I know that anything in the Kos needs to be confirmed and they use sources as suspect as they are. It's not a bastion of honesty at the Kos. They lost me when they went after politicians children years ago. It takes a whole can of Ozium to kill the smell after looking through that place.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Not the whole story. They didn't do what they were supposed to. Next time they should send the letter prior to coming like they're supposed to.

Somehow their failure to do what they're supposed to proves Trump is a racist and disconnected from reality? The dude is outreach director for the group and failed to 'reach out' so he looked like an idiot.

There's certainly a disconnect from reality. Crossing a border is something you do properly and document. If they took 5 minutes to do it properly and have the letter sent they may have passed right through. Instead the person who was supposed to plan the trip failed to do it properly so they had to piss and moan to the press to deflect from their own failure.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

If they are not being paid and it's not a paid job, how is saying they are tourists a lie exactly?

Do you happen to know? Were those in that group going to be paid? I'd like to know the answer to that?

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but something smells funny with all of this.
edit on 3/14/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

Thanks for pointing that out. I was basing my replies on what was linked at the Daily Kos.

Link.< br />

U.S. border law says Canadians do not require a visa to enter the country for volunteer work, as long as they can provide proof that their work will not be compensated.

Hoeksema says the group was told they had failed to have a letter sent from the host church "paroling" them into the country.

"So what ends up happening is the organization that you're going to work with sends a letter to border patrol saying this is what they're going to be doing. What our group did not do, is we did not send that ahead of time," he admitted.

Then right next to it for purely ideological reasons -

'If you can't get a church van with 12 white folks through (the border), how much worse is it for any person of colour?'
- Rev. Seth Kaper-Dale of the Reformed Church of Highland Park, New Jersey

So they admit they screwed up themselves, which was the TRUE reason they could not get through. Amazing and the misrepresentation by the Kos is exactly what one would expect. Lying by omission is still lying.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

There's no proof that this fable even happened.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

If they are not being paid and it's not a paid job, how is saying they are tourists a lie exactly?
Do you happen to know? Were those in that group going to be paid? I'd like to know the answer to that?
If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but something smells funny with all of this.

I checked it out...used something called Google...and picked it up on the cbc.

Personally, I think it's just a dumb call by the border guards and it's been amplified by the current craziness. But I don't advise lying at the border, and I don't think a group of Christian volunteers are the ones to ask to. I mean...it's not Honduras.
edit on 14-3-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

It is interesting seeing a sizable amount of Christian volunteers in communities near me running back to Canada when Trump won, they all said they did not want to be in a country with Trump values, but I am thinking they routinely overstay and are involved with all manner of other things as well as the volunteering....

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

This letter is as much a requirememt as is giving away you cell phone password as an american to get back in the country. Made up requirememts made by desillusioned border agents.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Golantrevize

This letter is as much a requirememt as is giving away you cell phone password as an american to get back in the country. Made up requirememts made by desillusioned border agents.

If anything this sort of fascism at the us border will keep law abiding citizens away and make them spend their money elsewhere. Curious to see the drop in tourism usa will take in next 4 years

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Well, you may be right in that. I'll concede that point.

I won't however give the Kos any credibility and the church group does seem to be, being a bit disingenuous "cough" dishonest.

They were likely told that was the reason for the law and extrapolated that to fit their agenda when suffering from a mild case of butthurt.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

fascism

OK

You are an open borders person. Can I get into Canada without proper papers? What's your opinion of that? Canada is fascist?
edit on 3/14/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

fascism

OK

You are an open borders person. Can I get into Canada without proper papers? What's your opinion of that? Canada is fascist?

proper papers is a passport and visa if required. period.(criminal record free for most country)

your name, religion, sex , cellphone password or letter proving your church is coming to volunteer and not get paid isnt proper papers.
edit on 32017Tuesdaypm331Tue, 14 Mar 2017 15:04:44 -0500America/Chicagov04 by Golantrevize because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join