It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama used Britain's inteligence agencies to listen in on Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
This story just keeps getting more troubling.

TI made this thread last week where it appears as if the Obama administration shared info into the investigations into trumps teams connections to the Russians with European allies.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is troubling enough.

But now it gets even worse. Obama and his people have all been appalled by the suggestion that they would wiretap Trump. But now intelligence sources are saying that Obama did not order the wiretaps, he instead asked Britain's intelligence services to use the NSA database to provide Obamas people with transcripts of Trump or his teams conversations with Russians.

Fox News Judicial Analyst Judge Andrew Napolitano claimed “three intelligence sources” say President Obama looked to British spy agency GCHQ to obtain transcripts of conversations involving President Donald Trump on “Fox & Friends” on Tuesday.

Napolitano said, “[T]hree intelligence sources have informed Fox News that President Obama went outside the chain of command. He didn’t use the NSA. He didn’t use the CIA. He didn’t use the FBI, and he didn’t use Department of Justice. He used GCHQ. What the heck is GCHQ? That’s the initials for the British spying agency. They have 24/7 access to the NSA database. So by simply having two people go to them saying, ‘President Obama needs transcripts of conversations involving candidate Trump, conversations involving president-elect Trump,’ he’s able to get it, and there’s no American fingerprints on this.”

www.breitbart.com...

The implications of this are astounding. Obama could spy on his political opponents by requesting Britain use the NSA database and give him the info is abhorrent. This will be the end of free elections as we know it. Once this president is set, political groups will ask foreigners to spy and get dirt on political adversaries from every election here out.

Here is another article about how Snowden warned us about the troubling connection between the NSA and Britain's GCHQ.

It looks as if a US government agency might be helping a foreign government spy on US citizens in the name of fighting terrorism. Intelligence agencies have moved beyond their traditional role of gathering information about governments and are now gathering information about individual citizens. They’re also sharing that data with other countries in the so called “Five Eyes eavesdropping alliance.” The alliance’s members are the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Great Britain.

The NSA’s relationship with GCHQ is troublesome on every level. Not only does it appear to promote illegal activities that could threaten our rights, but it raises issues of national sovereignty.

Has the NSA figured out how to do an end-run around the Constitution with the help of a foreign intelligence agency? If the NSA tapped a US citizen’s phone or intercepted her emails without a warrant, that would violate the Fourth Amendment’s prohibition against unreasonable search and seizure. If the GCHQ did the same, it would not be violating the Constitution, although NSA might be violating it if GCHQ shares that information with it.

www.offthegridnews.com...

This is disgusting. If these intelligence sources are correct, Obama has done something lower than could have ever been imagined. He has circumvented the US system by having foreigners spy on his political opponent, by using the NSA database.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
MODS can you delete I see that there is another thread on the same topic here.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Sounds like this could be possibly true. I wouldn't put it past the head of a country to use any resources they could to do what they want. I doubt if it is classified as illegal, I am sure there was some good legal analysis done on that ahead of time.

Is this true? I do not know, but I do know it is possible it is true.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

But now intelligence sources are saying that Obama did not order the wiretaps, he instead asked Britain's intelligence services to use the NSA database to provide Obamas people with transcripts of Trump or his teams conversations with Russians.

If they actually had that it would be a rash on the MSM.

Like the Russian hack though, its just deflection...
edit on 14-3-2017 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Nothing new shall we say, if I cannot spy on one someone legally then i''ll just get someone else to do the job..its nothing new in that I'll spy on you and we'll do the same as its foreign Territory its fair game.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Are you suggesting that Obama persoanlly contracted British intelligence, and Christopher Steele, to put together the infamous Dossier that's haunting the Trump administration today?

edit on 14-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Wish i could say i'm surprised by this.

I strongly believe that this has been the norm on both ends (NSA & GCHQ) for years, both country's circumventing each others laws to spy on citizens and opponents alike though i could never prove it, its the i scratch your back you scratch mine type of thing, there has to perks to the special relationship don't you know.

The free world is all fake, we only have the illusion of freedom, though the vale is slowly staring to slip and not before time too.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Are you suggesting that Obama persoanlly contracted British intelligence, and Christopher Steele, to put together the infamous Dossier that's haunting the Trump administration today?

No that was just people in the DNC.

I am suggesting that apparently three sources from intelligence agencies are claiming Obama or someone in his administration contacted Britain's GCHQ which has access to the NSA database and asked for transcripts of Trump and his teams phone conversations.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Is there any actual proof for this, other than via cesspits like Breitbart news?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Just as in the Trump/Russia stories, I'm very leery of unnamed sources in the intelligence community.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
MODS can you delete I see that there is another thread on the same topic here.

I think yours was up first...

I just found it.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Grambler,

No one credible is suggesting that Obama called Theresa May and asked for her assistance with this. Its bunkum. A CIA or NSA liaison with GCHQ may have had a word, but unless there is something definitive saying that Mr Obama was the issuer of all commands which lead to this, then I do not see why some slightly less highly spun news could not be made of this. I will tell you this for a certainty. There will be no calls from Obama to any of our intelligence agencies here in Britain, regarding this. He simply would not have the clearance necessary to ask our agencies to act without the express and prior consent of Mrs May. Since Mrs May has her nose so firmly up Trumps arse that she is beginning to resemble a "What did Trump have for breakfast" infotainment segment, I doubt she would have given clearance, which is why this is much more likely to have been a brew cooked up between the NSA and GCHQ, independent of their respective leadership.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I am suggesting that apparently three sources from intelligence agencies are claiming Obama or someone in his administration contacted Britain's GCHQ which has access to the NSA database and asked for transcripts of Trump and his teams phone conversations.

From what I've read in the past about this, the Obama Administration was alerted by international intelligence agencies regarding national security issues and about suspicious activity that they observed, and the Administration requested that that intel be shared with their offices. Not, that the Obama Administration asked, or contracted, international intelligence agencies to go look for, or to "tap" Trump and his team's phone conversations for political gain in an election.

The USA doesn't operate in a bubble. It works with the intelligence agencies of its allies for the good of western interests, in general. If the US falls, so falls Europe.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I don't by this.

I doesn't matter inf Obama ordered this or not. People under him ordered it. He would have known about it, and he chose to do nothing. In fact, quite the opposite, he changed rules to allow as many agencies as possible to spread all info regarding the russians and Trumps connections to them. He also told other european allies about this ongoing investigation, despite the fact that Clapper admits that at the time there was no evidence of Trumps wrongdoing. And we see all of the leaks that have happened as a result of this.

But lets assume you are right. The of Obama does find out that people under him did this, don't you think that 1. he would push for those in the american and bristish intelligence services to be prosecuted, and 2. he owes Trump a HUGE apology? I mean even if he didn't order it, his people wiretapped Trump, and Obama acted like the thought of that happening would have been absurd.

I just don't buy the argument that Obama was totally inncoent and had no idea what was going on.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

From what I've read in the past about this, the Obama Administration was alerted by international intelligence agencies regarding national security issues and about suspicious activity that they observed, and the Administration requested that that intel be shared with their offices. Not, that the Obama Administration asked, or contracted, international intelligence agencies to go look for, or to "tap" Trump and his team's phone conversations for political gain in an election.

The USA doesn't operate in a bubble. It works with the intelligence agencies of its allies for the good of western interests, in general. If the US falls, so falls Europe.

So you are suggesting that a foreign intelligence agency called Obama and said we have a presidential candidate on wiretap, and Obama said keep me informed? Shouldn't he have said, "How dare you interfere with our election process by spying on a presidential candidate!"

Keep in mind, Clapper admits that there was no evidence of Trump wrongdoing at this time, so why the need to share information, that Obama just happened to spread to other european allies, that just happened to get leaked to Obama friendly press institutes, that just happened to spin a story about Trump having shady connections to Russia.

Nope, not buying it. I will default to not wanting foreign governments to spy on presidential candidates and then giving the info they find to that candidates opponents. I am sorry you see no rpoblem with that.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Yeap like all other new breaking stories that expose some sort of truth,anyone involved will just get a pass. Nothing will come of this as usual. Nice story though and very damning.
edit on 14-3-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

So you are suggesting that a foreign intelligence agency called Obama and said we have a presidential candidate on wiretap, and Obama said keep me informed?

I'm suggesting exactly what I wrote, not the words that you're attempting to put in my mouth, that the Obama Administration was alerted to suspicious activity that may compromise US national security.

Shouldn't he have said, "How dare you interfere with our election process by spying on a presidential candidate!"

I believe that's what Obama said to Vladimir Putin, whose government DID interfere in our election.
edit on 14-3-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he's suggesting exactly what he said. Read much?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I believe that's what Obama said to Vladimir Putin, whose government DID interfere in our election.

First show me proof Russians interfered in the election. I have yet to see any proof, only the word of intelligence agencies.

Now we have members of those agencies saying Obamas people went to Britain to get the to spy on trump.

Secondly, Obama then criticized Russia for having foreign influence, but allowed Britain to wiretap Trump and then denials to be leaked to the press, and he had no problem with that?

Sounds like a double standard to me.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: bender151

Which was?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join