It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U. Minnesota drops homecoming ‘King and Queen’ — replaces with genderless ‘Royals’

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Mictain

I think this is a perfect illustration to the question, "Where do stupid people congregate?"

Probably at gatherings where they complain about things that don't affect them such as this decision or cry about something that they do not consider normal.

Time to grow up and realize that there is change and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.

edit on 14-3-2017 by Mictain because: (no reason given)

link   

That is untrue. There is a given state of normalcy that is generally excepted as true. It is excepted 3 meals a day and 8 hours of sleep is "normal".

Men and women are the normal couples.

Are there exceptions yes. Trans, gays, non sexuals, bi's and others are not normal. I fully support other people living out there lives, but don't expect the world to treat your little deal with what ever is bothering you to be important. It isn't.

If you wish to move the goal posts cool, go for it.

link   

originally posted by: Mictain

originally posted by: Ohanka

There won't be any men or women in the future?

What will the alternative be? Will there be a universal slot that allows you to switch parts at will?

This is what I would call a drama queen response. LOL

Your post is only valid if there some effort out there to force people to change genders.

So you're saying no universal slot then? That's disappointing. Another business scheme down the crapper.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Obviously you are an enlightened individual who is far smarter than the rest of us.

I'm sorry you have to wallow in the mud with us uneducated types.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

There won't be any men or women in the future?

What will the alternative be? Will there be a universal slot that allows you to switch parts at will?

This is what I would call a drama queen response. LOL

Your post is only valid if there some effort out there to force people to change genders.

So you're saying no universal slot then? That's disappointing. Another business scheme down the crapper.

Mr. Potato-Head just got his freak on.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

That is untrue. There is a given state of normalcy that is generally excepted as true. It is excepted 3 meals a day and 8 hours of sleep is "normal".

Men and women are the normal couples.

Are there exceptions yes. Trans, gays, non sexuals, bi's and others are not normal. I fully support other people living out there lives, but don't expect the world to treat your little deal with what ever is bothering you to be important. It isn't.

If you wish to move the goal posts cool, go for it.

Everything you stated is from your own point of view, it does not make it normal. Some people get by on less sleep and less food, some people are born a certain way and it doesn't mean they are not normal just different from what you and I perceive as normal.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Obviously you are an enlightened individual who is far smarter than the rest of us.

Don't pout, explain to me why you are against this decision that has no affect on you personally?

What's the big deal?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Don't pout, explain to me why you are against this decision that has no affect on you personally?

What's the big deal?

I think it's stupid. The people that changed it? You should ask them what the big deal was.

Also, not pouting. You obviously know everything and are so perfect and adjusted that you can see far more than any of us ever could!

How DID you get to be so wonderful!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22012428]Mictain[/post
No not different, they are still humans worthy of love and understanding, just not normal.

Calling "them" different is the same as calling them not normal.

different

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Also, not pouting. You obviously know everything and are so perfect and adjusted that you can see far more than any of us ever could!

Pouting and being sarcastic will get you nowhere with me.

Nice chatting.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   

they are still humans worthy of love and understanding,

Should have left it at that instead of adding "just not normal" LOL.

Oh well that is your choice to consider them not normal,

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Pouting and being sarcastic will get you nowhere with me.

Nice chatting.

But you never answered the question.

If it's none of our business to question the change. . . then was it any of their business to initiate the change?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Why do you call "them" different?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Why do you call "them" different?

I called the different from you or me. I am not gay, a transsexual or bi, so that makes them different from me. Doesn't mean they are not normal.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

But you never answered the question.

If it's none of our business to question the change. . . then was it any of their business to initiate the change?

It is not called genderless royals first of all, just called royals.

UMN Homecoming will crown gender-neutral ‘royals,’ not king and queen

Instead, the U will name two Homecoming “royals” this fall, no matter their gender identity.

And their answer is...

“We wish to promote a spirit of inclusion at the University of Minnesota. This change allows the University to select the best student representatives for the U of M based on campus and community involvement — regardless of gender,” the Student Activities Office said in an announcement asking for royalty applications.

They are selecting anyone based on "campus and community involvement". Meaning they are doing this for anyone who they consider represents them best..men or women.

You guys are making it sound like they doing this due to pressure to include gays, transsexuals or whatever bothers you at the moment. Yes, the royals maybe one of those but who cares, if they represent them best.
edit on 14-3-2017 by Mictain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Seems like you are calling them different from your perspective. There is nothing that is not different.

Very similar to calling them not normal. In fact it is the same thing.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

They are changing something. They questioned it, and changed it.

Which you consider awesome.

But you disagree when others question.

So questioning something is good, but questioning the questioners is bad.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

The badge of being trans is a big deal to the inept and stupid. Letting the issue of Trans literally occupy every second of your life is a sick and twisted narcissistic way to float through life. It matters far more to the trans than the average American.

originally posted by: kngfc
I can't, for the life of me, imagine a situation where one of these gender-bending-fluid-pronoun-beta-agenda pushing- pixie fairies EVER winning a popularity contest.

Okay folks, here's what bothers me about all of this... this overly politically correct nonsense is getting blamed on transgender people and the word transgender and the "transgender movement" has been taken over by people that are not genuinely transgender diagnosed with the medical condition of gender dysphoria. Everything under the sun gets categorized as transgender and it is not fair as well as being grossly inaccurate.

True transgender people with gender dysphoria transition from one gender to the other. They do not want to be seen or known as something in between or as gender-bending-fluid non-binary Ze's, Hir's and they/them/its. This is something else entirely that needs to be disassociated from those genuinely suffering and struggling but at this point in time and in this politically correct climate, the language doesn't exist to make a distinction.

I'm calling on the good folks here at ATS to wise up about this. To make a distinction between rampant progressivism, political correctness and the extreme left leaning ideologies behind all this trans trending social crap and the life threatening distress of those genuinely dealing with gender dysphoria and transition which completely transcends the left/right, liberal/conservative paradigms. These are not the same things. Not by a long shot so please understand that while many may claim the transgender label as their badge of attention seeking victimhood and virtue signaling, very few if any at all in this crowd is actually transgender in the diagnosable classic/medical sense.

Please learn to understand the difference. Lumping everyone together in the same bucket is wrong and harms those truly in need.

Yes, as someone that has been through the process of changing sex in the 1970's, I think all this is stupid as well.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Seems like you are calling them different from your perspective. There is nothing that is not different.

Very similar to calling them not normal. In fact it is the same thing.

That is exactly what I have been saying, from an individuals perspective people are different.

No it is not the same as calling them not normal, I consider it normal just different from me, like my brother has two kids and I do not have any, we are different...does that mean one of us is not normal

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

They are changing something. They questioned it, and changed it.

Which you consider awesome.

But you disagree when others question.

So questioning something is good, but questioning the questioners is bad.

Or they thought that there can be two men or women, who can represent them at the same time instead of naming one woman or man.

Question all you want but I find it useless to complain about a situation that has no affect on you personally.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join