It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U. Minnesota drops homecoming ‘King and Queen’ — replaces with genderless ‘Royals’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
U of Minnesota will get rid of Kings and Queens (should I have said them in that order?) for home coming. They are replacing them with a gender neutral "royals"term.

The University of Minnesota has become the latest university to do away with the traditional Homecoming King and Queen titles and replace them with the gender-neutral “Royals” term.

Taking it one step further, University of Minnesota officials also point out that the winners don’t even have to be one biological male and one biological female, stating on its website: “‘Royals’ … can be any combination of any gender identity.”

The Royals don't have to be 5 male or 5 female. So 10 of the home coming court could be made up of 7 males and 3 females or all males or all females. Anything goes.
How much fun will the Royals (King and Queen) dance be? I would not want to take part in the do goodery.

www.thecollegefix.com...
“This change allows the University to select the best student representatives for the U of M based on campus and community involvement — regardless of gender,” the website states.

Indeed, the entire Homecoming Court at U-Minn. will follow the same concept.

“As in past years, the U will name 10 students to Homecoming court, only this year the mix won’t necessarily be five men and five women. Those 10 will be paired at random to compete in pre-Homecoming events, and their performance, along with a university-wide vote, will determine the two royals,” the Pioneer Press reports.

edit on 14-3-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Wouldn't the word queen already include gay and transgender?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The only question I have is: "Why in the hell is this so damn important?!"

I mean come on....Seriously. What planet am I on? I must have been abducted and placed on a alternate universe Earth where everything is backwards.

No one is bothering to fight this? Wow.

link   
a reply to: rickymouse

slander

link   
What happens when they elect more males than females and the feminists flip their lid about inequality?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Do whiny PC ree-ree's play chess any more?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

The point is either to show how ahead of everyone else, evolved if you will the university is. OR

This is to push an agenda that has been slowly and methodically been put in place since the mid 80's to force an issue that effects 4% of the population.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

The point is either to show how ahead of everyone else, evolved if you will the university is. OR

This is to push an agenda that has been slowly and methodically been put in place since the mid 80's to force an issue that effects 4% of the population.

Wondering where all the people that had the guts to fight these injustices are at? Are there no strong men/women to defend our way of life now?
edit on 14-3-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
why stop there.....personally i find the idea that only those who identify as human can be so honored is SPECIST and unfairly excludes and diminishes the value and participation of other animals species like cats and dogs. After all, havent cats, dogs and dozens of other animal species contributed in all kinds of important ways to the building and maintenance of society?

these people should all immediately receive trans-species sensitivity training and perhaps even be suspended or expelled from university for exhibiting hateful and bigoted behavior towards other animals.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Do I now refer to them as Drag Queens or Drag Royals? What if a winner of a homecoming thingy identifies as a pineapple?

What is the gender neutral term for one who identifies as a pineapple?

goodbye penis and vagina, you are meaningless to me now that I have been enlightened by the University of Minnesota's mental ward patients.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I give this particular line of ridiculous "progressive" nonsense a year at most.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Pay the high fees of college and conform to the new order of societal rules or get expelled or arrested for assaulting people's thoughts and eye sight. Nice way of introducing people to a mock dictatorship.

ZIG HIEL MEIN FUHRER!
edit on 14-3-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I think this is all fine and dandy til someone wants to get serious about a relationship. Then guess what happens. If you marry a trans, no kids (the traditional way) for you. And that is a personal decision that being on a "royal" court will have no bearing on.

The badge of being trans is a big deal to the inept and stupid. Letting the issue of Trans literally occupy every second of your life is a sick and twisted narcissistic way to float through life. It matters far more to the trans than the average American.

Don't be so worried about what anyone thinks about you, be who you want to be. And believe it or not you are not that important to the public at large, no matter how many fiends you have on your wall.

edit on 14-3-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: rickymouse

slander

It is only slander if it is not true. They have the drag queen show here at the local theatre every year, it is supposed to be a pretty good show.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I blame this on Barbie and Ken....

Imagine a tykes surprise when they peer under the clothing and theres nothing there!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I don't really care either way. That's my 2 cents.

Don't feel strongly enough about it to say that it should be the way it was before.

As long as the kids are happy I'm happy.

-Alee

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Oh lord this is so stupid it makes me ashamed to be American.

It is already gender neutral because they elect a king and a queen.

What do you expect from a school called the Golden Gophers.
edit on 14-3-2017 by Shangralah because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yup, your not enlightened until you become a Ken doll...

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I can't, for the life of me, imagine a situation where one of these gender-bending-fluid-pronoun-beta-agenda pushing- pixie fairies EVER winning a popularity contest.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Do whiny PC ree-ree's play chess any more?

Even the knights and bishops (traditionally male roles) will have to be re-named horseys and pointy-hats.

edit on 14-3-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join