It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do I have the right to tell you how to treat women?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

That's the very core of the reasons why it will most assuredly become inherent for The Machine to dominate us; if not just for our own goods'.

I've been posting books worth of content on this front for over a decade, and it never became so real and so frightening for me until I tuned back into the social media left/right politics worlds of noise last year (which have become one), after several years of tuning out, and seeing just how far south into the depths of social de-evolution the bulk of our society (our upcommeance generation in particular) regarding the kinds of logic driving these kinds of topics these days. It's not enough to treat others how you want to be treated, within civility anymore, nope, we're all just a grey goo now gender rles are now the devil.

F it, bring on the grey goo nanodestruction pockylypse and get it over with already if this is and the demasculinization of the males of planet earth (well here in America anyways) is all that matters anymore.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I have unconscious bias training at work, as I deal with the public. It exists.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9
Dear Members,

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Are you a secret sexist? The test every father of daughters needs to take

Now, one of the country's leading girls' schools has challenged fathers to take their own unconscious bias test, to prove that it is still a scourge

There is actually a picture of Donald Trump with Ivanka as a picture to this article. I can't read the rest because I do not subscribe to this media. I do ask myself though if the ol' DT is such a monster of sexism and misogyny then why does he have such a beautiful, free and incredibly successful daughter who makes all her own decisions and who has been highly educated, etc?

Do I have the right to tell you how to treat women beyond established law and order in our land?

If I do not have the right to tell you how to treat women then do other people have the right to tell you how to treat women beyond usual law and order?

If they do have the right to tell you how to treat women then why do they have that right? If that is so then WHERE DOES THIS NEW AUTHORITY COME FROM?

Does every woman have the right to tell me how to treat women in my own family? If so then does every man have the right to tell all women how to treat men? If so then should we not just admit that we are COMMUNISTS of the most authoritarian and controlling kind? Is it not total interference in private affairs of individual families?

Who is measuring it, monitoring it, evaluating it and, most importantly, WHERE DOES THIS NEW AUTHORITY COME FROM?

Of ultimate worry and concern for us all WHO IS ENFORCING AND PUNISHING/CORRECTING IT?

Remember, this is about an external authority telling you how to treat your Mum, Sister, Daughter, Girl Friend, Wife, Grand Daughter, Niece, Auntie, Grand Mother.

We are indeed ensnared in a trap of unknown agencies dictating behavior, Mainstream Media and institutions/workplace distributing directives, social networking peer pressure/expectations and the work place enforcing directives, etc.

Lol, excuse me, but what about the JUDGE and the POLICE? I thought they were the LAW?

Do you think I am writing this because I am a misogynist of some kind? It is not so. I am actually a feminist of a kind myself. I worship at the feet of writers like Virginia Woolf, so little desire to control another human being that I don't even have relationships because it does my head in too much on that score. I am Mr Freedom.

My worry is that we are being bamboozled into neo-communist Marxist style authoritarian uniformity. That is why I fight political correctness because it is the biggest threat to freedom since the two world wars.

Even in the right wing establishment press it is creeping in, even when the electorate are clearly stating they are not wanting to walk in this direction, they are led like a dawgy on a lead.

It is not how I want it. I want to decide for me how I treat women and "I do" and "I will" (that is the only time you will ever get me saying a phrase like that, lol). We have democratically accountable basic law and order. Personal privacy, individualism and autonomy of behavior are paramount to a healthy and free democracy.

I have a great big Native American Wolf stamped on my chest over my heart that a biker guy inscribed many years ago so you know which I am.

Self-appointed experts are always the most draconian.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

You identity as a Feminist, yet you cant quite act like that isn't sexist tribalism with the potency of becoming a supremacist ideology.

Well I wont say you actually did, but if anti-sexism is important to you you might recognize that chauvinism can cut both ways and that its tribalist supremacy that drives that sort of things (across every sphere of mass social group dynamics), not merely the existence of groups themselves.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

It's weird how we agree on many things.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I have thought some more about this and perhaps even the time is coming to examine the old offices of JUDGE and POLICE as primary law enforcement (money saving and will only impact on masses like Schengen and free movement of people). Aldous Huxley's observance is perhaps correct, but is an anxiety expressed by a sincere free spirit of intellect (that I cherish): the ethos of political correctness may not be malevolent in intent, but in implementation it is downright clandestine. The potential for abuse is disturbingly enormous when there is no accountability other than Media. That makes me giggle as it is so naive (or even much worse; gross neglect of cause and effect) to think that could ever work. We would end up with "Clockwork Orange" scenario (another clearly obvious message to the age of AI).

I guess it is what world you want to buy into? I will fight for my place in the world though, too; I have to and I hope you do, too, who ever you are.

Who knows, perhaps people like me are a dying thing like the wild animals and other species becoming extinct? I love my freedom and I have even proved in my life I was willing to DIE for it and I would do the same again if challenged. I apologize for that, but unfortunately can't change the situation, hah.

edit on 14-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I have unconscious bias training at work, as I deal with the public. It exists.

That!

I rest my case about the huge importance of what we are discussing and the effect on our lives.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
To me feminism is about equality for all. I live in a society where women have been the oppressed sex. I mentioned it because a previous poster said he would be hated by feminists, in my post I was attempting to point out we actually shared the same values. However my post seems to have got more of a reaction than his, while it was pretty much a reiteration of his comments.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

How do you want to be treated, yourself?

As a human?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

How about you treat the public the same? Every one gets the same courtesey, smile, treatment. Preferably how people want to be treated. Gender, race, etc irrelevant, except elderly get a little extra consideration in case of the door. Rude people get treated rude, allows us to get that negative energy out, and there it is a CIVILization.

Its not that difficult, folks!

We start overthinking shia'ite like all this and face collapse of civilities, and inevitably bigotries develop.

From there, yes, females should be 'treated' by males in more gentle terms; as beautiful precious creatures, even if not WEAK. Talked to in a different way. If women could hear how with my dude friends from way back we all talk to each other... are you sure you want to be 'treated' as "equals" LOL! Of course I believe in a social order where when people say "offensive" noise then make a sport of it and one-up counter-insult, and laugh about the entire affair. Call me CRAZY! We humans have out entire history as evidence that relieving aggressive and sexual tensions is a mandate or else all hell breaks loose. I say if both sides of an encounter can get their verbal licks in when it becomes inevitable, and both make a laugh out of it, then that's progress, while being trained to cower and sulk is backwardsness.

So then there's the part that when women turn from being ladies and into brutish bullies, well what then, say you ATS?
edit on 14-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
As a woman I kind of agree with OP , but I also have the uncomfortable feeling that we are talking about women here as if they are a separate species that needs to be talked about like pets or cattle or furniture.

It feels weird reading this as a woman, as if it is men talking with men about a non human thing that needs to be discussed among them only.

Again, I agree sort of about the premise of the posts reason but it is really strange not to be part of the decisions.

OP said he wants to decide for himself how to treat women...wow. Maybe you should ask women how they'd like to be treated and then adjust accordingly. You are not a woman, you don't know what we feel or think. We are also in general [! - exceptions acknowledged] weaker and less aggressive than men. You can of course treat women as you wish but remember if you can, all violent geezers, madmen and machos will also have the same right and they will do it to the detriment of another human being.

I think what the OP was saying is there shouldn't be two sets of rules. Domestic violence is bad regardless if it is man against woman, woman against man, or any other combination. If everyone were treated equally under the law then maybe everyone would start treating each other equally.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

It should be ingrained into every man.

There is no benefit for treating women like crap.

We need them, we should treat them as such.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Lady to me me is just an old fashioned class based term. You had the nasty dirty working class then you had the upper class lady, that all those working class women should try to emulate. I get where you are coming from, but the term "lady" doesn't mean to me what it means to you.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
People who get "tweeked", triggered, pissed-off, or whatever by being told what to do or say are generally people who care way too much about their own public image.

In other words, such people lack the emotional maturity and self confidence to believe in themselves and ignore peer pressure.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
And I'm in the UK so when I hear the word it David walliams in drag claiming " I'm a laydheee!" That I hear.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Okay, well I'll just call you "woman" and talk to you like a man?

Or should I say, "hey lady"; or is "hey chick" better? How about "hey you with the brown hair and red shirt your tire is flat"??

Even "hey buddy" doesn't seem right to me.

And then, instead of endear with a term like "yes, m'lady', what do I replace that with?

Genders are real. It's not a conspiracy! Boys will be boys; girls will be girls. It doesnt mean that boys and girls cant be civil and enjoy the game.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
When I'm talking to someone I dont know I just say excuse me. There are endearments people use in the UK which can be regional, such as Love, Hen, Duck, doesn't bother me when it happens, but there's something a bit weird about somebody calling me a lady. I would suspect I dont fit the standard for the term, as it seems to correlate to a certain way of acting dependant on whos using the term. Almost a judgement.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Okay, so attempting to flirt with you isn't entirely a minefield.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Genders are real. It's not a conspiracy! Boys will be boys; girls will be girls. It doesnt mean that boys and girls cant be civil and enjoy the game.

Ain't that the truth...

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I worked in bars for 10 years, my version of flirting was doing some shots, playing some pool and then going to the club.

new topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join