It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden Can’t Build Police Station in Migrant Suburb — ‘It’s Too Dangerous’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

exactly...

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

I bet they could, but will they is the question? It is clear the private construction industry believes differently. The funding for the station is not what is in question though. It was already earmarked, and companies refuse to bid based on the reasons they have stated.

I say park an MRAP and a tactical team at the construction site and destroy anyone who attempts to interfere with crime. With that level of commitment, the private industry is sure to proceed.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
This reminds me of a time in Detroit in the 1990's. One of My friends was a SGT in an Army Military Intelligence Unit based on Jefferson Avenue down there. The facility was like a "Mini-Fort", built like a Castle(all brick, no windows) with two rows of 12 foot fence and concertina wire at the top surrounding it. They got a new Company Commander and were to have a "change of guard" ceremony on the front yard with all the staff assembled outside. They decided it was a bad Idea, as it was just too dangerous for the Army Personnel, and cancelled it. Sounds like this type of "Detroit Mini-Castle" is what the Swedes need.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
It must really be bad to stop contractors from even bidding on a government contract in a certain area.. Speechless, typeless, or something for I am at a loss for words.... The new building was to house 240 officers after the old station was closed down in 2014..?

I would wager some US contractors wouldn't have an issue with building that station in 3 months.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: EHowardHuntClub
This reminds me of a time in Detroit in the 1990's. One of My friends was a SGT in an Army Military Intelligence Unit based on Jefferson Avenue down there. The facility was like a "Mini-Fort", built like a Castle(all brick, no windows) with two rows of 12 foot fence and concertina wire at the top surrounding it. They got a new Company Commander and were to have a "change of guard" ceremony on the front yard with all the staff assembled outside. They decided it was a bad Idea, as it was just too dangerous for the Army Personnel, and cancelled it. Sounds like this type of "Detroit Mini-Castle" is what the Swedes need.

Detroit is not the same as most knew it back then, in fact, most areas are no extremely valuable and Detroit is in a Renaissance.

But it was extremely bad in the 80s and 90s and most of 2000 to 2008. Whole different environment now downtown condos are now going for 500k and up now. And the whole waterfront is changing as we speak.

www.detroitnews.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: Pandaram

I'm sure you're not referring to the Swedish law enforcement, are you?

Or are you just triggered by the source so therefor it's racist?

Considering the credibility of a source is not "triggered", it's usually called thinking; something most people who routinely use the word triggered are incapable of doing in my experience.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I call BS.

You're trying to tell me that there is a place/neighborhood so dangerous that you can't even build a police station there.

How could that possibly be true?

Next you'll tell me that it could happen here in American and I'll tell you no again, more BS.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

if you bothered to actually look into the claim, instead of just making up your own beliefs, you will see that there was zero bids for the contract to bid on with construction companies citing fear of safety and danger from gangs, and corroborated by the police and reported multiple outlets in Sweden.

Why bother to research though when we can just read a headline and refuse to believe it, that is much easier.

You are right, it will never happen in America because private companies know American police would never allow criminals to go unchallenged in such instances. No problem shooting mofo's .
edit on 3-16-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

if you bothered to actually look into the claim, instead of just making up your own beliefs, you will see that there was zero bids for the contract to bid on with construction companies citing fear of safety and danger from gangs, and corroborated by the police and reported multiple outlets in Sweden.

Why bother to research though when we can just read a headline and refuse to believe it, that is much easier.

You are right, it will never happen in America because private companies know American police would never allow criminals to go unchallenged in such instances. No problem shooting mofo's .

Again listen to what you just said. Construction workers, usually a pretty tough, physically opposing group on the whole, are afraid to build a police station in a bad neighborhood....thus implying they are afraid and that the police are afraid to protect them.

That's what this article is implying...that absolutely can't be true.

Further this implies that a whole country is afraid of it's own shadow and not willing to stand up to anyone that indimidates them. They've become submissive and docile and weak.
edit on 16-3-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

you forget that its Sweden not America. You can refuse to believe it if you want, but I mean story after story coming out of Europe shows that yes, they have become docile, weak, and intimidated. Thats not because they really are, its because he governments will hold citizens accountable as racist criminals for even suggestion where the problems are coming from.

We got no problem like that here. Criminals try to victimize anyone we can just cut them down and get a pat on the back for a job well done, assuming it is obvious you were in danger. Cultures denied that right always become weak and afraid.

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

Downtown Detroit is "appearing" to have a Renaissance. Yes, people are building lots of stuff there now(with Government tax subsidies), but it is a Potemkin Renaissance. In 2009, I was downtown and it was safe because it was completely empty, like in the film "Omega Man". No victims, so no criminals afoot. Now that people are appearing again, the criminals have also come back. Coleman Young Jr. is going to run for Mayor(after Coleman Young Sr. destroyed the City), and when he gets elected, anyone who invests a dime now, will see it burn like the sun. This is like the 9th purported Renaissance for Detroit, its Neighborhoods are unchanged, its bad government is unchanged.

posted on Mar, 18 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The Swedish article you cite says nothing about immigrants or refugees or Islam.

Funny that.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Maybe they could use the intelligence to prevent terror attacks in the middle of Stockholm, rather than fomenting terrorism in the middle east!

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
So, if the Imam wanted a police station for this area that seems to have a lot of Muslim population, would logic then follow that the Imam or others want this station to be staffed by Muslim officers? If so, where would the women go to report their crimes?

I'm just wondering if there is even more to this than we have already been given.

originally posted by: Ridhya
a reply to: markosity1973
For f#ks sake, none of you guys read swedish and couldnt be bothered to translate the articles, but just want to spread propaganda. The imam wanted a police station:

Imamen och medborgarvärden i Rinkeby-Kista, Muhammed Hagi Farah, anser att förseningen är mycket olycklig.

– Vi har en mycket svår situation här just nu och hela rättssystemet är i fara. Vi behöver polisen här för att folk ska kunna känna sig trygga. En polisstation ska finnas för det är en viktig symbol i samhället precis som skolan och vårdcentralen säger Muhammed Hagi Farah till SVT Nyheter.

edit on 7-4-2017 by evc1shop because: spelling

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Why doesn't the imam get the immigrants to build the police station and housing?

They could learn the trade while they do it. If they build it themselves they might not be so keen to wreck it. Maybe afterwards they could even start their own small businesses in the building trade and employ each other.

Give them a chance. If they want it, let them build it themselves.

Just an idea.
edit on 7-4-2017 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop
That's not so much "logic" as supposition, as in Sweden it is illegal to hire solely based on ethnicity/religion. Nowhere in his interview did he request anything other than "police", nonspecific.

Women report their crimes to the police just like men do. What planet do you live on?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join