It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sweden Can’t Build Police Station in Migrant Suburb — ‘It’s Too Dangerous’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
When did Vikings turn into pussies?
A shameful state of affairs.

As a pragmatist and realist, I have never accepted that "turn the other cheek" was a satisfactory solution to a problem if one is the person being slapped.
(Of course, I'm not very religious either.)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

What's racist about reporting a fact? As the OP pointed out this is true,he provided another source,a Swedish article. This crying racist all the time for no proper reason is getting so old and lame no one with a brain inside their skull takes such accusations seriously.And Islam is not a race it is a religion.
edit on 14-3-2017 by Raxoxane because: Spelling

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Yep.It's called pathological altruism.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973
For f#ks sake, none of you guys read swedish and couldnt be bothered to translate the articles, but just want to spread propaganda. The imam wanted a police station:

Imamen och medborgarvärden i Rinkeby-Kista, Muhammed Hagi Farah, anser att förseningen är mycket olycklig.

– Vi har en mycket svår situation här just nu och hela rättssystemet är i fara. Vi behöver polisen här för att folk ska kunna känna sig trygga. En polisstation ska finnas för det är en viktig symbol i samhället precis som skolan och vårdcentralen säger Muhammed Hagi Farah till SVT Nyheter.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
There is certainly a negative opinion in Sweden about this community.
Opinion: Would you dare to testify if you lived in Rinkeby or Rosengård?

But lets be honest, if this has anything to do with a religion, then Chicago must be overrun by Muslims??? The criminal gangs in Chicago are terrorists violating US sovereignty by depriving residents of their liberty. In much the same way, these gangs in Sweden can also be classified as such. Whether they are Muslim or Christian or Roman Catholic or none of them is irrelevant. They are terrorists first and foremost depriving the citizens in the neighborhoods they occupy of their safety and liberty.

Only a temporary full scale police or military operation can dismantle the network and put them behind bars for good. Luckily, doing so would free up lots of real estate in the affected areas.
edit on 3-14-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
When did Vikings turn into pussies?
A shameful state of affairs.

I would not like to be on the receiving end of the backlash of said Vikings when they decide to take action.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

So...... Bring in the army. If the police are not equipped for it, get tougher.

Why isn't a community able to safely build a government structure without interference from activists/criminals?
Is Sweden becoming another Paris with "no go" zones? Sad

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
Ahh.. good old Daily dosage of racism.

Anyone who plays this card should have to go live with them for a year. You must also take your spouse and children.
edit on 14-3-2017 by Turkenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

In response to the civil uprising led by native Swedes, a state run radio station aired a broadcast in English claiming that 'no-go zones' do not exist in Sweden.

We know this to be blatantly false, so imagine how the native Swedes feel.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

For f#ks sake, none of you guys read swedish and couldnt be bothered to translate the articles, but just want to spread propaganda. The imam wanted a police station:

What's ironic is that the imam actually validates the article.

The town wanted to build a police station but no construction company wanted to build there, prompting the response you cherry picked from the imam.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom
Mm, somehow I show that its not some "muslim issue" since the muslims themselves want police, and im cherrypicking. Yet when you deliberately leave out that important fact, you're not cherrypicking. Typical hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Yet when you deliberately leave out that important fact, you're not cherrypicking.

I'm not the OP nor the author of the article, therefor I didn't leave out any facts.

You say muslim(s), but the article only mentions one imam that was disheartened by the lack of police in his neighborhood.

Let's examine his words:

Local imam Hagi Mohammed Farah expressed disappointment at the delay, telling SVT: “It’s a very difficult situation here at the moment with regards to justice and the rule of law.

“We need police here in order for people to feel safe. A police station acts as an important symbol in society, like a school or a health centre.”

More from the article:

In December, residents held a two-day rally to protest against rising violence in Rinkeby, where 90 per cent of people were either born abroad or to two foreign parents.

At the event – which was called after the suburb saw 22 murders take place in less than two years – speakers blamed politicians’ ‘inaction’, and colonialism for the violence plaguing Rinkeby.

And then:

Activists handed a list of demands to MPs, asking the government to provide “jobs, housing and schools”, invest in more psychosocial workers and psychiatrists, and for gun laws to be made even more restrictive.

Concerned about the nation’s image abroad, state broadcaster Sweden Radio recently aired a programme in English which claimed that No-Go Zones — dangerous suburbs where police fear to tread — don’t exist in the country.

Just who do you think the activists are?

edit on 3/14/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The activists are the RESIDENTS of Rinkeby as it says in your own damn article. You're not even reading the words you post. Those immigrants and immigrant descended people are the ones protesting and asking for help. Asking for jobs and police service and things. They live in the poor areas, where unemployment is high, and thus criminal activity becomes the way to get money.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Gotta love your anonymous sources with a baked beard!

Maybe it wasn't a great idea to close the station due to budget cuts in the first place? Wait! Can't be redtape-madness, must be refugees.
Right? You get that... right? ... Right?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

The activists are the RESIDENTS of Rinkeby as it says in your own damn article. You're not even reading the words you post.

Obviously you aren't reading my words, either. Like where I said this:

I'm not the OP nor the author of the article, therefor I didn't leave out any facts.

It's not my article, dude. I'm not the OP.

So if the activists are the local muslims, as you say, then wouldn't that make the story published by Breitbart seem sympathetic to migrants?

I fail to see how Breitbart can be both racist and pro immigrant in the same article.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Just who do you think the activists are?

Who do you think they are?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Felicio

In this case, I think the activists are left leaning progressive Swedes who guilt trip themselves into feeling sympathetic toward a migrant population that refuses to assimilate and demands hand outs from the government.

Why else would they blame colonialism for their recent uptick in violence?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Why else would they blame colonialism for their recent uptick in violence?

no clue, you tell me

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

a migrant population that refuses to assimilate

Assimilate! We are the Borg.

3 years without police station (and presence) is supposed to be ignored in this context? Not caring about the poor is pretty close to said colonialism, don't you think?
edit on 14-3-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

So you think having 3 years without police station (and presence) is supposed to be ignored in this context?

It wasn't ignored.

If you had bothered to read the article at all before posting, you would have realized that the police held an open bid for a construction company, any construction company, to build a new police station. The police wanted to build a new police station. The premise of the article is rooted in the fact that no company wanted to build there for fear of their own safety.

Not caring about the poor is pretty close to said colonialism, don't you think?

No, and it's not even close to colonialism.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join