It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-girlfriend coming for a visit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This is a conspiracy site. Thus is not MySpace, Facebook, twitter, or any of the other sheeple "social media" sites out there. Why do you think anybody here would care about this?

Go post this crap on Reddit and let the adults talk about things that matter on ATS.

Thanks from everyone who still cares about ATS being a useful site

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Hombero,

You are aware that this forum is called Relationships, I take it? You are aware that this forum is actually FOR this very type of discussion, which invalidates precisely ALL of your last post? If you do not like the fact that there is a Relationships forum on ATS, take it up with management. But while there is such a forum, the least you could do as a member, is to either keep your comment on topic, or refrain from making one.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I have been dealing with a similar situation, I moved a good friend I was with, into my home 3 times for some reason, still dealing with the third, shes a nice person, good friend, but to many different views(mainly parenting) and therefore for the third time in 2 years I have to see her go and be alone again, its heartbreaking, I'm depressed alot and she hasn't moved yet, but I don't feel like going through it again.. I'm lost
the worst part is we get along great.. but not when it comes to the kids and we don't see a way to fix it.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Not sure if anyone has said it, but one thing to keep in mind is that "an ex is an ex for a reason". I imagine little bells ringing in my head whenever I'm around anyone that I should know better than to be around, and I'm sorry, after reading what you wrote all I hear are bells. Unfortunately in this world, some people refuse to listen to wisdom and have to learn all of their lessons the hard way. I'm also hearing that bell from you as well. So do what you feel you must, learn your lesson the hard way, just do yourself a favor.....

LEARN THE LESSON.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Don't go there man, leave the past in the past.
Or you know, go for it.

Just remember me telling you this - going for it is a bad idea.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Go post this crap on Reddit and let the adults talk about things that matter on ATS.

A LOT of members will need to be adults before that can happen.

Also, it's in 'relationships'? Seems to be right where it should containing the correct content so...
I think the problem is with you.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
It's funny, when the horny wears off, you will remember why you ex-ed her, I promise.

Ocean is waaaay too big for reloads.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

So you broke up with her was because you thought she had to have a child?

This is very odd

You broke up a relationship because you assumed something without even discussing it with her first?

This is not typical. Am I missing something here?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ware2010

It hurts, I know. Especially if these are not your kids they will never respect you. It will continue to ruin your relationship down to a nub.

Her kids really need all her attention and love til they're grown-you are doing the right thing and stepping aside.

Lots of fish in the sea but bless you for loving a single mom-it's usually ends in heartbreak. You must be a really great guy and there is someone out there, just right, ready to appreciate you. Best wishes.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: gmoneystunt

So you broke up with her was because you thought she had to have a child?

This is very odd

You broke up a relationship because you assumed something without even discussing it with her first?

This is not typical. Am I missing something here?

She was adamant in claiming that she had to have a child. She went as far as forcing me to consider having a child as the only way she would stay with me.

People are actually claiming that focusing on looks is a shortcoming? It's a scientific fact that seemingly everyone does it.

As to those who are having trouble understanding why my rationale for not having a child was so important, I see it as a simple issue. My ex-girlfriend will have to explain her rationale for not having children to her friends and family. If she doesn't agree with my rationale for it, she won't be able to explain it to them. I completely understand that aspect of all this.

And to those who think she's tricking me by changing her position about accepting not having a child, I asked her if we could get back together if I changed my rationale for not having a child and she replied...

"Are you joking?"

That's her ever-so-polite way of saying, "Are you out of your mind?"

I think I have a slim chance to get her back, but when we're staring into each other's eyes again, anything could happen.
edit on 14-3-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I think there was a moment when I was instant messaging with my ex-girlfriend today that's noteworthy. I asked her if it's alright with her if I still tell her I love her. The following is her reply (translated from her shorthand into normal English):

"haha [sic] Is it problematic that my answer is 'I love you too' when you tell me you love me? The word 'love' has thousands of meanings, doesn't it? (laughing emoji)"

She still loves me. That's good news.

I think she meant we could be talking about different things when we use the word "love." I'm hoping for feedback.
edit on 15-3-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Again, dont hate me for what Im going to say:

If you even want to entertain any notion of getting back with with woman then you my friend are selfish, if she wants a partner who will have children with her and you stop her doing that then you are selfish. If she stupidly changes to get with you then she is an idiot, down the line she would resent you for stopping her.

Move on, an Ex is and Ex. It didnt work out, you need to move on.

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: thekaboose

She had said she absolutely had to have a child. Then she changed her tune, and she said if I had the 'right' rationale for not having a child, then she could have accepted it.

You can't make the judgment you're making here, and neither can I.
edit on 17-3-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion
She told me I "look great." That's the first time she's said that to me ever. She immediately wrote that she wants to come visit me.

I video chatted with my ex-wife today, and she told me that look better now than I've ever looked since she's known me. She hadn't seen me in years. It's approaching 14 years since I've known her. I've excercised religiously before during that period, so it's more than exercise. It had to be my change in diet which has been monumental. I feel extremely lucky to be in this position. I may have Sean Connery-type luck there.

My ex-girlfriend and I pretty much closed the book on any chance of us getting back together when she told me she essentially has to have a child. She tried to convince me to have a child with her, but I can't do that.

My ex-wife and I discussed the possibility of getting back together for the first time today. Her boyfriend must have a child, and she may be too old now to bear a child. We agreed that it's possible we could get married again. Our happy years were great, so that's fine with me.
edit on 29-3-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join