It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you really think the moon is a sphere?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   
One of the best decisions I ever made was to buy a cheap telescope. While I suppose if one were determined to, they could argue forever that it's all an optical illusion, viewing the moon extremely closely - which can be done even on a cheap telescope through barlow lenses and even more so with things like afocal projection, which you can even take some awesome photos with - really reveals in much more granular detail the shape and structure of the moon (what we can see of it, anyhow.)

I think - for most at least - this would readily dispel any notion that the surface of the moon is not obviously curved, and diminishes into the distance behind itself due to said curvature. E.g., it's round.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
Do you really think the moon is a sphere?

The Earth and the Moon are both 'oblate spheroids'.
Sphere-ish'! *__-
Flat is just absurd for many reasons, but as you are obviously not a geologist, or such, believe whatever floats your boat! *__-
But don't teach the kiddies, fer Godssake!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It's called tidal locking.

Yes it is but ...

Is it just a natural thing ... or is it by design because some supreme being didn't want us to see the far side of the moon.

I know science thinks it has the answer but ... ?

P

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Toolman18
One more time for everyone, tidal locking would only give your eyeballs the same view if you would observe it from the same angle every time. A 12 o'clock moon for me would not be the same angle as someone watching it from a different spot. You cannot see the same features when you view a sphere from different angles.

As Phage pointed out above, the angular view DOES vary, but obviously, you're not going to see completely different features, like you would from a 90 degree angle or the backside.

Besides, following your belief (the moon is flat) and reasoning, you would still see the exact same features but flattened a bit depending on the angle you are viewing it from. Imagine a pepperoni pizza viewed straight from above. Adjusting the angle of the pizza, even quite a bit, is not going to cause you to view different toppings on it, let alone the back side of the crust... You would, however see ALL the pepperoni's (craters) and also the outer edge of the pizza as an elipse. This is not the case with the moon.

soulwaxer

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Is it just a natural thing ...

Yes. It's sort of an inevitability.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

We've seen the far side though...

edit on 14/3/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Toolman18

How come the craters in the centre of the moon are round but the craters on the edges are oval shaped?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

We've seen the far side though...

OMG! The Gods must be angry! Run for your lives!

P

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   

The aliens on the moon didn't even stop us!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Well, why bother.

We are not advanced enough to detect their cloaking shields.

While our probes fly over head they are running around naked and waving to us. Their cloaks are great!

P

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I believe the moon was artifically made by ET's and is an ET base.

That's what I BELIEVE,

edit on 14-3-2017 by BigEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I sense a Spherical Image here , or is it just a manipulated 2 Dimensional Image ?

I'm wearing my 3d glasses.

it's 3d alright!!

Oo

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Toolman18

How about this Perspective ?

Australia on the moon?

Crikey !!

Now my cheese fetish makes sense...

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Just look at the moon through some half decent binoculars on a clear night (for best results view any other time than a full moon).

Its quite clear the moon is a sphere, it looks like a ball hanging in the sky its not difficult to prove this yourself in 10 seconds in the back yard on any clear night.
edit on 14-3-2017 by nickovthenorth because: spelling

edit on 14-3-2017 by nickovthenorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickovthenorth
Just look at the moon through some half decent binoculars on a clear night (for best results view any other time than a full moon).

Its quite clear the moon is a sphere, it looks like a ball hanging in the sky its not difficult to prove this yourself in 10 seconds in the back yard on any clear night.

Then, too, you can easily watch Jupiter's moons go around.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

What if the earth is spinning around the ISS?

You're not the centre of my universe, I'm telling mom.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarkestConspiracyMoon
a reply to: SaturnFX

And that's fine. I feel more uncertain about the reality of what's in this alleged universe of ours and maybe that's just me.

Your name should DarkestConspiracyPossibleFlatMoon

man, the more I read this thread, the more depressed I'm becoming

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
OP, have you ever actually looked at the moon, or seen images from the numerous probes and landers over the years?

No planetary body to my knowledge is a perfect sphere, but we need to move past this resurgence of flat earther BS. Between this and the unprecedented political landscape, t's like half the people on the planet lost their minds these last couple years.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Monger
it's like half the people on the planet lost their minds these last couple years.

It's a product of our current educational system. We don't value basic education, these days it's personal development.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join