It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Issues Order to Begin Reorganizing Our Federal Government.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Response to RezLooper (don't know why ATS messed up the reply to function again) -

Meh.

I disagree with many of Phage's ideas and his devil's advocate status which he holds to a fault, including his masking of how much he despises stupidity (which I myself do a poorer job of hiding), but he is still far more observant and helpful than most other people in almost any forum which he participates.

Phage makes sure people really know what they're talking about, whether he even knows what he's talking about or not. He's got a knack for understanding things quickly.

Iron sharpens iron.
edit on 3/15/2017 by TarzanBeta because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/15/2017 by TarzanBeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: legalimmigrant
Interesting little opinion. Is Travel ban and building a wall considered smaller government?

Yes, because both are actually within the very narrow operational responsibilities of the federal government. The ranchers who live on the border....they pay taxes to Uncle Sam the same as you and I. And they have every right to have our border protected from criminal behavior encroaching from foreign lands directly across their property, the same as you and I.

Its Uncle Sams job to protect our borders and handle any foreign issues, including immigration. Its NOT their job to fund healthcare and build bridges to nowhere.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: legalimmigrant
Interesting little opinion. Is Travel ban and building a wall considered smaller government?

You would think that a legal immigrant would actually completely understand that this appreciates and respects the effort put in to become legal. I refer to your handle, making an assumption or two, of course.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
LOL

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

They're getting at least 54 billion MORE! And the rub is that even then, it's not enough with the way things are run now.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It is a good first step, we will see where it leads..

I will remain cautiously optimistic.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Great, lets start with a top to bottom audit of Donald's tax returns and then move onto the IRS. The IRS themselves agree they don't know where BILLIONS of dollars are or even where the money goes.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Trump has purposely put people in charge of federal agencies like the EPA and Department of Education who are opposed to the agencies they are in charge of. I'm sure they will be eager to hit the deadline.

a reply to: Phage

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

the re-organization must be more than just Tweaking

the restructuring that allowed Homeland Security to permit a slew of Agencies like the Library System to hoard billions of rounds of hollow-point ammo (which cannot be found now)...

the Agencies which ordered and stored thousands of decapitation machines for future use...

the whole Patriot Acts I & II... which allowed DHS and Airport security to accost the public but favor & protect the illegal aliens/immigrants with no wish to become citizens... must be revamped

all those unwise restructuring of government agencies is what led to the disaster healthcare policies to be unleashed on the society... & the 'Pass-it-first & then-we-will-read-it' ACA = Obamacare waste of a decade...

Trump needs to Take-US-back-to-the-Roots, not some exotic super progressive exercise in gender unconformity and dictatorial fascism painted with a religious theme of Submission

the 2001 911 event corrupted every nook & cranny of this Democratic Republic and played a big role in ensconcing the career politicians

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Smells like victory

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: carewemust

This dude is addicted to EO's! Didn't conservatives and Trump criticize Obama's use of EO's?
Most of Trump's EOs are undoing Obama's destructive EOs...

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Arnie123

I rarely agree with anything Trump does.
Most Democrats do but they are unable say why...Are you any different???

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Wasn't there an investigative reporter found dead after reporting that the military under Bill Clinton was paying $2,000 for toilet seats and $500 per hammer?

Bill and Hillary have a knack for getting rid of people who expose them.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The first President to reduce Government size will be Rob O. Tic, with Ari T. Ficial as his vice president.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Do they require votes? I didn't know that, I thought since Trump was in charge of the executive branch, he would be able to reorganize it himself.

Edit: I looked it up and he does require a vote. The House is expected to pass whatever he wants because they are full of Tea Party members. The senate might be more of a challenge, especially if he needs 60% of the votes. Thanks for pointing that out.
edit on 15pmWed, 15 Mar 2017 21:56:12 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

whether some or all of the functions of an agency, a component, or a program are appropriate for the Federal Government or would be better left to State or local governments or to the private sector through free enterprise;

Old and busted: militarized police forces
New and trending: corporate military in "no-go-areas"

Never let a good budget crisis go to waste, right? A historic moment for the Brave New Corporation.

edit on 17-3-2017 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join