It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Issues Order to Begin Reorganizing Our Federal Government.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Well I've yet to see the President bring up issues with the Pentagon. It recently came out that the Pentagon misplaced 6.5 trillion dollars. Oh, but no big deal, we need our military. What about the 1.5 Billion "misplaced" in Iraq? Whatever. I have given up on the Republicans and Democrats. And I no longer will acknowledge the Federal Government's authority. fair.org...

a reply to: carewemust

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

HE ALREADY HAS PLANS FOR THAT HE HAS STATED THERE IS TOO MANY CIVILIAN BUREAUCRATS IN THE DEFENSE DEPARTMENT. but yes that would be a big cost saver another thing we should stop is letting companies like lockheed charge us for developing weapon systems then letting them sell them to foreign powers.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

What is it with Republicans who think that the left isn't happy with small government. I'm more than left, damn near alt-left and I think this is a good thing minus the cuts to the EPA. You know, because clean air and water are things we must have to live.

Don't think for a minute that big oil or chem producers who need to dump chemicals or worse will hesitate to dump it into the environment if it saves them a buck. Js. That's the way it is.

Global warming is a scam so they're welcome to 86 that # right now, though. I feel those funding dollars are funding something else entirely.
edit on 14-3-2017 by PRSpinster because: Clarity

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It is some feelgood legislation there. It is strange though because this sort of stuff is typically handled with an EA instead of an EO. I read through the EO and it is basically saying they have 180 days t make suggestions and submit them to the president.

In other words it doesn't do anything or change anything, but after that 180 days if we see an EO actually cutting down government I may change my mind on Trump.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
It is some feelgood legislation there. It is strange though because this sort of stuff is typically handled with an EA instead of an EO. I read through the EO and it is basically saying they have 180 days t make suggestions and submit them to the president.

In other words it doesn't do anything or change anything, but after that 180 days if we see an EO actually cutting down government I may change my mind on Trump.

Essentially...yup. This is his litmus test for people who are on the fence.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

This is something I have never said before and I am very glad to say it. I am so happy for your country right now.

But something at the back of my mind keeps saying no one gets elected in the US unless they want them there so be careful and you know who THEY are.

Still I hope this is what it appears to be and he keeps it up and no one assassinates
him for trying to do good for the people of your country.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Americans could not ask for a better President, at this point in our history!
(IMO of course)

-CareWeMust

I'm hopeful, but not convinced yet. We'll see in about a year.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I don't see any order that begins anything. I see an EO ordering that departments write up "plans."

Awesome.

Now what?

Dear Phage,

You should stick to science threads.

Your friend, REZ

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I love the smell of lean government in the morning. Good news.

A super efficient government would force a lot of government personnel into the commercial sector (where many would fail).
Theoretically low taxes and a strong economy is a good thing but it won't be easy to implement.
As it is many people are not making the wages they used to in the US, and flooding the labor market with ex government workers would further reduce pressures on wage inflation.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
Here's the EO itself. MAGA

Presidential Executive Order on a Comprehensive Plan for Reorganizing the Executive Branch

EXECUTIVE ORDER

- - - - - - -

COMPREHENSIVE PLAN FOR REORGANIZING THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, it is hereby ordered as follows:

Section 1. Purpose. This order is intended to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability of the executive branch by directing the Director of the Office of Management and Budget (Director) to propose a plan to reorganize governmental functions and eliminate unnecessary agencies (as defined in section 551(1) of title 5, United States Code), components of agencies, and agency programs.

Sec. 2. Proposed Plan to Improve the Efficiency, Effectiveness, and Accountability of Federal Agencies, Including, as Appropriate, to Eliminate or Reorganize Unnecessary or Redundant Federal Agencies. (a) Within 180 days of the date of this order, the head of each agency shall submit to the Director a proposed plan to reorganize the agency, if appropriate, in order to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability of that agency.

(b) The Director shall publish a notice in the Federal Register inviting the public to suggest improvements in the organization and functioning of the executive branch and shall consider the suggestions when formulating the proposed plan described in subsection (c) of this section.

(c) Within 180 days after the closing date for the submission of suggestions pursuant to subsection (b) of this section, the Director shall submit to the President a proposed plan to reorganize the executive branch in order to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and accountability of agencies. The proposed plan shall include, as appropriate, recommendations to eliminate unnecessary agencies, components of agencies, and agency programs, and to merge functions. The proposed plan shall include recommendations for any legislation or administrative measures necessary to achieve the proposed reorganization.

(d) In developing the proposed plan described in subsection (c) of this section, the Director shall consider, in addition to any other relevant factors:

(i) whether some or all of the functions of an agency, a component, or a program are appropriate for the Federal Government or would be better left to State or local governments or to the private sector through free enterprise;

(ii) whether some or all of the functions of an agency, a component, or a program are redundant, including with those of another agency, component, or program;

(iii) whether certain administrative capabilities necessary for operating an agency, a component, or a program are redundant with those of another agency, component, or program;

(iv) whether the costs of continuing to operate an agency, a component, or a program are justified by the public benefits it provides; and

(v) the costs of shutting down or merging agencies, components, or programs, including the costs of addressing the equities of affected agency staff.

(e) In developing the proposed plan described in subsection (c) of this section, the Director shall consult with the head of each agency and, consistent with applicable law, with persons or entities outside the Federal Government with relevant expertise in organizational structure and management.

Sec. 3. General Provisions. (a) Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

(i) the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii) the functions of the Director relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b) This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

(c) This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

DONALD J. TRUMP

THE WHITE HOUSE,
March 13, 2017.

Dear liberals who know better than the rest of us and who have the key to all answers. Your president even included a section specifically for you to use as your personal platform to prove to the rest of us how exceptionally all knowing you are versus your fellow men/women:

(b) The Director shall publish a notice in the Federal Register inviting the public to suggest improvements in the organization and functioning of the executive branch and shall consider the suggestions when formulating the proposed plan described in subsection (c) of this section.

Here's your chance to show us how god damn smart you are.
edit on 15-3-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-3-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

I don't see any order that begins anything. I see an EO ordering that departments write up "plans."

Awesome.

Now what?

Dear Phage,

Your friend, REZ

Phage is kind of right, although the EO does set things in motion that's for sure. Once the plans are proposed Trump will most likely act on them knowing his personality.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Awesome.

Now what?

Dear Phage,

Your friend, REZ

Yeah. Thanks for your opinion.
But, no.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

What happens if they miss the deadline?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
As long as he "does no harm".

His first endeavor, healthcare, is already set to harm a great many people.

but the redundancy of positions, useless pencil pushers, the absurd price for every fixture at the Pentagon, indeed.
Purge.

The actual harm came when Obama and the rest crammed the ACA down everyone's throat, especially since it was delivered contrary to truth and the reality of it's selling points were opposite of what was stated about it. Everything after that day was like nuclear winter for all parties.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

“We’re going to have insurance for everybody,” Trump said. “There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.”

Guess who said that?
What part of the GOP plan says everyone who wants insurance will have it?

edit on 3/15/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake

Awesome.

Now what?

Dear Phage,

Your friend, REZ

Phage is kind of right, although the EO does set things in motion that's for sure. Once the plans are proposed Trump will most likely act on them knowing his personality.

Yep. Spicer made clear that this is the BEGINNING of a multi-year process. I'm sure it will be completed before President Trump starts his 2nd term.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   

You know that phases 2 and 3 require 60% votes, right?
Assuming this part gets through.

edit on 3/15/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Interesting little opinion. Is Travel ban and building a wall considered smaller government?
edit on 15-3-2017 by legalimmigrant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:07 AM
link   
So is he gonna audit the military spending too?

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: legalimmigrant

If "the war on substandard national infrastructure and health" is fought by commercial entities that bid the cost of their services to consumers??

edit on 15-3-2017 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join