It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Issues Order to Begin Reorganizing Our Federal Government.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I don't see any order that begins anything. I see an EO ordering that departments write up "plans."

Awesome.

Now what?

Plans perhaps?
edit on 14/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
A new purge list is ordered. To terrorize employees.
edit on 14-3-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I was wondering how long this would take

From EO: (i) whether some or all of the functions of an agency, a component, or a program are appropriate for the Federal Government or would be better left to State or local governments or to the private sector through free enterprise;

What Do the Koch Brothers Want?
Scroll down to see the 1980 platform

When billionaires buy a party.

When billionaires buy a Constitution.

The only thing left for the feds to do is military, police, courts, trade.

States won't have the money for functions/regulation and taking violators to court. (Multi-national) Corporations and Wall Street won. Game over.
edit on 14-3-2017 by desert because: add one word

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

It's the content of the EO's that matters. Look at the number of EO's that Obama signed that were struck down. Those were most of the EO's that the right got all upset about because he was trying to perform a function reserved for congress. So far, I haven't seen an EO from trump that tries to do that.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

Yes, the koch's were libertarian. What else is new?

From your third link:

Imagine if the U.S. Constitution barred the EPA and Department of Education from existing

Yes please!!!! I mean, it already does if you actually follow the constitution, but it's been subverted, so we are going to have to make it abundantly clear.

All union protections are dead, there are no more federal workplace safety standards, and even child-labor laws are struck down, along with a national minimum wage.

Could it get any better!?!? Quit teasing me with all this freedom!

imagine...all are free to rip you off or poison you all they want

lol, @ the blatant fear mongering.

To add injury to insult, the federal government has to shut down Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, because all of these programs (along with food stamps, housing supports and any programs that help the middle class, the less fortunate or disabled) are “beyond the reach” of what the federal government can do.

OMG can you imagine!? If I had an extra 13% of my pay that wasn't stolen for 40 years, what could I do with it? Let's see... become a millionaire by 55, for the average person, instead of collecting ~200k from SS.

If they can pull it off in the states, then Congress, the president and even the courts would have no say over it.

OMH! The insanity! The states could actually take power from the federal government! SOUND THE ALARM! Oh wait, nope, that would be great.

What's particularly funny about this part is that I don't ever see articles by lefties complaining about the attempt to actually subvert the constitution by rendering the electoral college useless. The plan for that is to get a majority of delegates pledged to the majority vote of the country. That violates the whole idea of the electoral college. Yet they're complaining about using a legitimate function of the constistution to make changes. SMDH

to permanently enshrine in the Constitution the “right” of corporations and billionaires to own politicians and spend unlimited monies to influence elections and ballot measures

How are those investments working out for them? Last I heard, Hillary spent nearly a billion and a half dollars of them and they ended up with nothing. I find it ironic that the left is always railing against money in politics, yet they spend the most on their campaigns.

Further, if money isn't speech, then it should be ok for the government to prevent the spending of money by private citizens/organizations on campaigning for any cause, let's say abortion! No more money can be spent to further the cause of abortion. That doesn't violate your freedom of speech, does it?

The group leading the charge... is tied to Eric O'Keefe... who is friends with the Koch's.

So an organization, run by a person friendly with people the author doesn't like, is alarming? Seems par for the course with the left I guess.
edit on 14-3-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It's great, as long as it actually is followed through and carried out. And we'll see if it saves the billions he claims. Hoping so!

However, I'd much rather he took that long hard look at our most costly department.. the military... the Pentagon. So he might save I don't know.. 5 or 8 billion through amazing cuts in our Fed government (which I think is great), but.. he is throwing around 55 billion at our military. Who already spends 600 billion + a year (800 billion if you count everything). The Pentagon failed their first audit in ages badly, not accounting for a thousands of records, and being unable to account for trillions of dollars.

Fix our military spending Mr. Trump. That is where we are really losing money. If we supposedly have poorly equipped military, and yet.. China for example.. can create a cutting edge army for half the cost.. something is wrong.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
As long as he "does no harm".

His first endeavor, healthcare, is already set to harm a great many people.

but the redundancy of positions, useless pencil pushers, the absurd price for every fixture at the Pentagon, indeed.
Purge.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Thanks for the heads up on this, although I'm sure that I would have heard about it today at some point on talk radio.

As for him being the best president--just remember that, even though he may start a process like this with good intentions, it's possible for him to dick it all up. The intentions are good, though, but we know where the road leads that are paved with good intentions...

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
I don't see any order that begins anything. I see an EO ordering that departments write up "plans."

Awesome.

Now what?
You cant go to the moon if you dont take that first step.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

He's running at a pace of issuing EOs nearly 4x faster than Obama, and nearly 3x faster than Reagan.

Personally, I'm fine with that, as long as they do good for the American people. I'm just wondering where all the people are these days who were freaking out about Obama's number of EO's (some whoeven believed he wrote a record number of EOs!)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
As long as he "does no harm".

His first endeavor, healthcare, is already set to harm a great many people.

I thought it was more the GOP's healthcare than his, persay?

in any regards, you may remember when they pushed the ACA forward and how many claimed that millions would lose their healthcare and how many it would harm...and that "you'd be able to keep your doctor"

Turns out, many were unable to keep their doctor...many had to pay for healthcare, but couldn't afford to to use it and some were worse off while there were many reports about how great it worked out for other people.

So the net result, was that...some were helped...some were not.

and after all is said and done...I suspect we will see a net result of....some were helped...some were not.

I'm really hoping I fall into the "some were helped" group this time.

There doesn't seem to be a great solution to help everyone...though I once did read an article about how if they let every company get into medicaid and medicare and just dropped the age requirement for being part of it, that would work out to be an incredible all-inclusive system...I don't remember all the details, but it seemed like a pretty smart article and workable idea.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Donald Trump has a history of making his personal businesses operate very efficiently.

It's pretty easy to make a business operate efficiently and cheaply when you refuse to pay contractors.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

The Wikipedia article listing Executive Orders

List of Executive Orders

Trump has 17
Obama had 276
Bush 2.0 had 291
Billy C had 364
Bush 1.0 had 161
Ronnie Ray-Gun had 381
Ole Jimmie Boy had 320

and on and on, but look at

Truman had 907
FDR had 3,728
Hoover had 968
Coolidge had 1203
Harding had 522
Teddy had 1081

and some EO's are just "business as usual" kind of tings and really nothing to make any kind of deal out of at all.

anyway, until our presidents start to issue a lot more orders, I know I might be hard pressed to call it abuse unless the EO's are trying to impinge on another branch of government and it's duties or are trying to over-step the bounds that they were designed for.

And that is the cry a lot of people made with regards to Obama, that he overstepped what they EO's were designed for as he tried to use them in a way that other president's hadn't....I think it had little to do with how many he wrote vs what he wrote in them and tried to do with them.

Though you could now make the argument what he did has basically opened up another way to try and USE EO's if things aren't going your way in office.
edit on 14-3-2017 by Thanatos0042 because: spelling

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I would like to see CIA become an agency under the DOD to be consistent with the FBI being an agency under the DOJ.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

It wouldn't make any sense to legislate how departments are structured, because there could be a better way in the future.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

This dude is addicted to EO's! Didn't conservatives and Trump criticize Obama's use of EO's?

Yes...but the right isn't as dumb as the left. When the enemy uses a dirty, sneaky weapon...we don't dismiss it if it is effective...we adopt it and use it against the enemy in kind. Welcome to War.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
"truly serving the American people.”

How is it serving CITIZENS to cut needed programs in order to benefit/justify an increase in the MILITARY budget?

Watch, any cuts (i.e. EPA, big Oil) will only serve to make it easier for his pals to increase their profits.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
THe meat of what he said he'd do.

If he actually acts rather than talks, i may regret not voting for him. We will have to see.

Im not happy about an increase in defense spending, although it has been cut in recent years.....so it's not like adding to 2007 numbers. I think he intends to pick some fights.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
This sounds like sweeping radical changes from an executive order. Something past presidents have been criticized over. Why this route rather than U.S. Congress that represents the American people?

From the comments here it seems many are just fine with this.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Frith
This sounds like sweeping radical changes from an executive order. Something past presidents have been criticized over. Why this route rather than U.S. Congress that represents the American people?

From the comments here it seems many are just fine with this.

The overall budget proposals will go to Congress.
Trump can still whittle down the depts by not replacing those leaving, but the full reorg will be a budget proposal.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join