It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creepy Seminar with DARPA's Dr. Duncan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Bedlam

Hey, I get it, peoples of the internet described such and such currently scifi stuff as not being real' (er is it yet possible), and therefore 5 years and 50 billion dollars from now 'it' never will be?????

If you're trying to modulate voices and images onto ELF, no, it never will be. Money doesn't cause magic.

Sounds like they're wasting money to me, so perhaps on anything of this sort we might all come together in protest, as this is of this sorts of BS they are constantly up to over at DARPA et al.

Go take a look at what DARPA actually does, then get back to me. You'll find that while at times they really stretch their goals to get their contractors to come up with groundbreaking stuff, they don't violate physics to do so, and there's a reason why.

eta: The other thing you have to ask, while it's true that a few of us on here drop stuff we ought not, it's generally not super detailed and unless you have a grasp on the thing it's often not going to mean a lot to the general public. I had enough of being explicit in 2004. Yet, here's a supposedly CIA, NSA, DARPA, EIEIO guy who is a master of the universe, and he is revealing all to you at a pay-for seminar that's advertised before the show.

Now, there are examples of the DOD going so far as to buy up an entire print run of books and burning them, because the author revealed big secrets like you don't send your fox or deltas into combat, and that the charlies and bravos take point and trail when moving. In other words, little obvious crap about team dynamics in the field. Burned the whole book run. I think the guy might also have named a few officers and bases. But it was penny ante crap. And they bought them all and torched them. However, like all the tell-all experts that Greer flaunts, nothing, nothing ever happens to these guys who are revealing these deep secrets to you. Wonder why that is?
edit on 14-3-2017 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Okay, so all of the stuff he talked about in the lecture has been proven as absolutely impossible within the laws of physics (as we currently know them anyways)?

I'll just take your word for it.

O maybe link me an Amazon page to a book about something and such and from the cover and the synopsis I'll just divine it as proving you correct about something.

Hey, good game, computer scientist from 1980's all took the pessimistic view that AGI was something impossible. Therefore the DOD spending TRILLIONS of dollars on it along with all of academia and industry since 9/11 alone, no problemo no Skynet or Technological Singularity in our future lets just get back to arguing over less than one percent of society being transgenedered, and therefore making it a school mandate to encourage boys to run off and hide from their problems in the girls rooms (to therefore create even more problems for themselves).

Good times!!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I just spent 13 minutes on the lecture of this self-described Dr. Robert Duncan. I never heard a sentence in that time that was even close to convincing me that he knew anything off the top of his head about his topic. Of the off-hand comments that he made about this and that, he had the exact words down there on paper.

His big mistake was referencing a supposed experiment at MIT (or somewhere) where a gorilla's brain was linked to a young girl's brain and it failed to the extent that the animal killed the girl. Now, you can run and take that to the bank as the gospel truth from a fellow that claims to have worked for all of the secret agencies, but he had not word there or elsewhere in that 13 minutes that was convincing to me.

Given his cited extensive education, you would think that Wikipedia would have quite a lot on him, but it doesn't list him. "But,...But,...But,don't you understand? He has been scrubbed from all of those records!" For those folks out here in ATS not used to listening to true insiders lecture about core issues in their lives and jobs, I suggest visiting a few TED Talks (about any subject) to watch and learn how true insiders know their stuff and can impart that information do you. This Duncan fellow is not a communicator. He is a talker, and I can't imagine him being involved in any aspect of secret government work. You wanna be gullible? Join in the chorus of his supporters.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Okay, so all of the stuff he talked about in the lecture has been proven as absolutely impossible within the laws of physics (as we currently know them anyways)?

I'll just take your word for it.

O maybe link me an Amazon page to a book about something and such and from the cover and the synopsis I'll just divine it as proving you correct about something.

I already did, on the most obvious and most easily understood one. He states that they can induce the perception of voices by using 3-6HZ ELF. So, that's pretty ballsy, and absolutely incorrect. As I said, go look up Nyquist frequency, there's also Shannon's theory. You can't modulate 3kHz data onto a 6 Hz carrier. Just can't. Ever. And there's good reasons why, and it's probably in the scope of nearly anyone who wants to dig at it a bit. There are references to the issue all over the net, it's a basic tenet of comm theory.

That's ignoring, as I said upthread, the many many other issues with using ELF for this sort of thing. But the guy saying 'they are doing x', when x is a blatant error in physics, should be enough.

But hey, magic, right?

eta: If you've ever wondered why the symbol rate on submarines receiving ELF or VLF is so slow, there's a reason. I'm sure they'd LOVE to be able to send 100MB internet to subs over VLF. But, they have to use three symbol groups in a codebook. And it takes several seconds to send even that. Why?

Why was the data rate for GWEN so slow back when it was running? Why can you send data more quickly over a 5GHz wifi than you can over 2.4?

There are reasons for these things.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Hey, good game, computer scientist from 1980's all took the pessimistic view that AGI was something impossible.

AGI doesn't have laws of physics saying 'no, you can't, either'. And here you have a whopper involving the guy making a direct claim that you can project voices into a human's auditory system by using 3-6Hz ELF.

That's not something you'll get past by chucking money at.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Sorry to waste your attention with all this mad science stuff, ATS. DOnt worry, even IF the trillions of dollars in missing Pentagon money doesnt have to do with DARPA projects, none of it will ever be possible because what is 'known' via the Google sez otherwise.

I trust the government Sooooooo much!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

It's just that he's regurgitating what CTers have been saying for years. Okay, he claims he's with DARPA. You can make the same claim, serve coffee and donuts, invite some people and I'll videotape it for youcantoobe. We could get rich.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I was away in my little time capsule for 5 years, so never heard of this guy. I played hsi thing while doing some stuff around the pod... a bunch of it I hadnt heard of specifically, but I'm sure they'd love to do it if not have been trying. Aside from specific programs he sounded legit enough. There is some slight possibility I might happen to be a person who knows "DARPA language".

In any event, that the guy is a TOTAL fraud didn't really occur to me from playing it.

I didn't hear where he I guess said the exact phrase "SOULCATCHER". I've heard crazier project code names I imagine.

The real point is, who the hell is anyone to say what is or is not possible within the realms of science over the long run?

What I do know is, imagine the darkest creepiest stuff you can that would have military applications, odds are DARPA if not and/or their agencistic contemporaries have been or will be workering on it soon enough. And they're going to dump millions if not billions or even trillions into 'it' or the set of 'modules' that would relate to / build towards its completion.

I dont need to know what is actually possible. I just need to know that they might believe it is, are trying to do it, and are bankrupting our nation in such pursuits all in attempts to dominate the world if not the entire species militarily as their endgame.

That's enough for me. That's my Project DEALBREAKER.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
The guy is a serious moonbat.

The one thing that's amusing is the 'voice of Mohammed' thing during the first Gulf war. That one's actually real, although not the way he tells it. It was developed as part of another project that DIDN'T work, the voice bit was sort of a consolation prize that came out of it. Two units were delivered to 10th Special Forces in Stuttgart, Bush Sr decided it was unnecessary to deploy them because they were taking a pasting at the time.

eta: oddly, it looks like a thread over on Fark where we 'went there' about this system that survived the 2004 thread holocaust is now missing as well. At least, you can't find it on a google search now.

So if ELF was not used, how did DARPA make the muslims hear the voice?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Truly, I have no idea if he's legit or not. He's just saying a lot of things ATS has been saying is all. If he's legit I suppose he's had some sort of attack of conscience and has to resort to seminars for a living? Nobody wants to employ that ginormous DARPA brain?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Apparently, it never happened, and this guy is a shameless fraud through and through. Apparently...

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

That was supposed to be addressed to the little dialog Bedlam and I had going.

I cant sleep/ anymore

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

I cant sleep/ anymore

Wow, that seems like a widespread issue.

My solution is booze. It's a bad solution and one that's in direct violation of my sponsor's two drinks policy. But it works.

My new favorite is red wine. At least it's supposed to be "good for you" as opposed to distilled liquor.

I could also recommend a big dose of valerian, hops, and skullcap. Plus about 5 mg of melatonin, 3 fast acting and 2 slow release. But the bigger issue is, where are we going. And what do we do when we get there. And, do I help or do I stand to the side. Booze, that helps a lot. The bigger issue is, is that my genetic background talking or my conscience?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Apparently, it never happened, and this guy is a shameless fraud through and through. Apparently...

So the whole issue of sending a message into a person's brain is bogus?

And Bedlem, what about neuro-dust? What, if anything, is true about this guys presentation, the minds of the gorilla and little girl?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

I cant sleep/ anymore

Wow, that seems like a widespread issue.

My solution is booze. It's a bad solution and one that's in direct violation of my sponsor's two drinks policy. But it works.

My new favorite is red wine. At least it's supposed to be "good for you" as opposed to distilled liquor.

I could also recommend a big dose of valerian, hops, and skullcap. Plus about 5 mg of melatonin, 3 fast acting and 2 slow release. But the bigger issue is, where are we going. And what do we do when we get there. And, do I help or do I stand to the side. Booze, that helps a lot. The bigger issue is, is that my genetic background talking or my conscience?

Why is it so hard for you guys to sleep?
Are you all retired?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

And Bedlem, what about neuro-dust? What, if anything, is true about this guys presentation, the minds of the gorilla and little girl?

Smart dust, it's a total possibility, except when you get to THAT size, you can forget radio transmission.

DARPA is all about placing EM sensors in arteries at the moment. It's still in its infancy.

The bit about any actual neural input/output is bollocks. How any mammal encodes visual, olfactory, auditory, haptic etc receptors is still a total mystery. That you could encode/decode/transmit that sort of data is still total fiction.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Yes. It's bollocks.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Voice to brain is real, right? I don't think anyone is saying this info is not real or at least being attempted. Just, why would a legit DARPA guy go on record telling us? So, being a CTer, I gotta wonder what's the game here?
edit on 3/14/2017 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Why is it so hard for you guys to sleep?
Are you all retired?

No, but I work the night shift, or dog shift, depending on how you view it.

I work 12-14 hours a day as a civilian contractor at a widely speculated about facility. Generally.

And not only is is screwy, but the sorts of things I work at are offbeat.

And there's generally a lot of stress involved.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

So if ELF was not used, how did DARPA make the muslims hear the voice?

If you follow the links, the two gadgets that were delivered to 1/10 were laser based "voice to air" plasma based speakers.

The big picture was, they wanted to use some sort of holography system to project a picture of Mohammed/Allah/Gabriel to Muslim combatants. It didn't work. You can't do it. This RFQ has gone around countless times. You just can't do a free air hologram. But, you can do the voice bits. And you can do it by using a modulated plasma bloom.

It doesn't emit ELF. ELF doesn't work for oh so many reasons. But a plasma audio device does. This goes way back. I can make a simple flame "talk". And you can, with a bit of science, make a laser plasma bloom talk. And that was built into a deployable system back in the early 80's. And sent to 1/10. Where yours truly was given the training mission to show how to deploy it. However, Bush I decided that it was both pointless and insulting, and decided not to use it.

I can say, however, that the first words in the field were "Luke, I am your father".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join