It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Feed Goes Dead As Obamacare Victims Begin Speaking

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Sigh....Im neither dem, nor republican. Long time lurker of ATS, very very long time. WTF happend to this place? Every post is about Trump! This place used to have paranormal/alien/climate/conspiracies on the front page. Now this place is all Trump, all the time. I honestly don't get how people really believe TPTB are just letting this ish happen? If they didn't want Trump to be president....He wouldn't be president. He will be there puppet just like every president is. He has already proven that. All of this bull# is happening so your distracted from the real issues. Its working like a god dam charm I guess.... *shrugs*

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
CNN has been having quite a lot of these "technical difficulties" in 2017.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Sharparrow

My son's insurance was "discontinued" in Dec 2016 and the provider left the state. We tried the government medicare for Jan 2016 but the doctors were limited since no one wants to take that coverage, when we did find a doctor it, the facility was substandard and dirty. We lost our family doctor in that coverage, so we cancelled it, did some more searching, and found a provider through a broker. Premiums doubled and the insurance didnt cover all meds. Not happy. Currently he does not have healthcare coverage since it was discontinued a few months ago and I am paying out of pocket cash for everything now which is cheaper. Im waiting for the Trump/GoP new healthcare bill to open up state buying across state lines to give me more options.

My wife and I have had our insurance costs go up through our employer over the past few years too. Repeal this garbage now.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

i do. paying the first $6000.00 out of pocket before any coverage kicks in is kind if a deterrent on going to the doctors when your sick. also premiuims are through the roof, and coverage is down.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

i do. paying the first $6000.00 out of pocket before any coverage kicks in is kind if a deterrent on going to the doctors when your sick. also premiuims are through the roof, and coverage is down.

My brother is going through this right now. He injured his back and had to take leave from his job around the end of the year.

Now, he can't get treatment because a new year has started and his $5000.00 deductible has to be met again. He is not receiving his full pay, he is out of $5000.00 from just a couple of months ago, and now he is getting slammed again.

These insurance companies are nothing but bullies and extortionist. We really do need to kick them to the curve and develop a more equitable system for all.

edit on 15-3-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: OlegK
Figures

AND it is apparently true, that liars figure and figures lie.

To answer the Aussie's question in another example, there is this rule of 30 hours they put in for the same Bill they call Obamacare. This part of the law makes it where people that work are being given just enough hours to not have to be provided the insurance through the employers. With forcing the employers at 31 hours a week to provide part time/ temporary employees insurance , the law is exacerbating the problem.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   
What I want if I could push the buttons is to have our medicaid/medicare money we already pay from our paychecks be spent strictly on catastrophic health care situations with some kind of reasonable copay that pays for big stuff like heart attacks, kidneys. We can form a panel to decide what should be accepted. The other type things like lopping of your foot with a chainsaw, car wrecks, getting too close to killing yourself, breaking teeth in a situation, will be covered by you/me paying for or own, much cheaper this way, accident insurance. Dental insurance could be provided with medicaid also with maybe some creativity on funding providing people with implants we can get people squared away. People need dentistry..

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoyPlus, as Trump says, you now have to get run over by a tractor before the insurance will cover anything since the deductibles are so astronomically high...

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

We just lost the tape from the White House!

How? It was in the tape player and playing ... and you lost it?

Lol.

What an absolutely stupid thing to say! Are they still using tapes. What, no hard drives?

That is just so pathetic

Wake up America. Rise and shine. Time to get the sleep out of your eyes and look around.

If you want a system that works, just look around at other countries such as Australia. Ours works!

I pay $6.20 for any script. And ... if I use a lot of scripts, it gets to a point where I pay nothing!

Need a hospital in an emergency ... no one asks me if I am covered. I am.

P
It ain't free...Who pays for it???

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I cannot afford it either. I have 2 kids and a wife, but the cost for us would have been $1673 a month. So, we went uninsured until about a month ago when my wife was able to find a new job that would provide insurance, which now costs us $511 a month. The Democrats completely screwed every working person in this country in a biggest way they could.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
single payer is the only answer

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Sshhhh....dont give our secrets away. We also have real beaches here with yellow sand, unlike a lot of beaches in Europe.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

The larger the population, the cheaper it should be to have such a system. Are you suggesting that our system would not work because you have a greater, much greater, population. Your logic seems twisted to me. More people means greater buying power and a greater pool to average out the risks. Insurance is always cheaper the greater the pool.

Thats how it should work in a non corrupted real world. Our Health Insurer's need permission form the Govt before increasing premiums. The reasoning behind insurance pools and re-insurance is lost on the general populace of the US. Why they still live there I could never fathom.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

LOL.......

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady

Leolady is there any local representative of the govt that you can go and see regarding this debacle! You must be so frustrated by the bureaucracy and the the passing the buck attitude. I think the impression that really is coming across through your post is the people employed to serve you don't care and take no due diligence to ensure they have processed things correctly.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22013076]poncho1982[/post

I live in Australia and we have a system can't think of the name, (any ATS aussie's here what's it called please) any drug after a certain time I think 10yrs is allowed to be created in a generic brand. So whenever you are given a script by your local doctor you can always ask at the Pharmacy if they have a generic brand and it will be always cheaper than the one prescribed and it will give the same results or they may have the drug on a list where the govt will subsidies the cost.

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22013147]c2oden[/po

Hi C2

I you watched the video instead of looking at the CNN logo, Trump was talking about Obamacare

edit on 15-3-2017 by Sharparrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Hi night skye did he injure his back at work? In the USA does every business provide workers comp coverage?

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

I don't know who would be the local representative to go to ? We are talking about 4 different entities that need to be addressed. Why all four ? Because all four of them are deeply involved in the ObamaCare / Govt Marketplace offering. They all have to work together, but they are not. They are being extremely defiant and passing the buck to the patients.

It gets even better. My daughter is sick and her father wants me to take her to the doctor. I am of course very reluctant because of all the issues that have happened on our insurance. Her father feels she may have strept, but I don't think it is strept...I've been caring for her and watching her but she has just started running a fever so I give in and agree to take her to the doctor. I took her yesterday. Due to the insurance fiasco I have already described in this thread I haven't even been able to choose a primary care doctor for either of us so I know we are likely going to visit an urgent care facility.

I called my insurance company the night before to be sure where I was taking my daughter would be covered and if the types of services would be covered. I was told over the phone that yes it would be covered as long as I went to the facility I asked about over the phone, because they were "In Network". My cost would only be $5 CoPay and on my plan this particular type of visit does not have a deductible. I did the work involved to be 100% certain I was covered before taking her to be looked at.

I get to the facility and while I am being signed in I ask the lady at the desk the same question, do you cover my insurance...just to be double sure. She tells me yes. So she continues to sign us up/check us in. Then proceeds to tell me the cost is going to be $125 for my deductible. I immediately correct her and tell her that no, this plan does not have a deductible for this service (some services have it, others do not, visits to PCP, Women's Yearly, or Urgent Care do not have it, they simply have no co-pay or a small co-pay), that i called and researched into it before coming into their office today so that I would be prepared for what I actually will owe. She refuses to budge and just repeats that I will owe $125 to be seen. So i say fine, we are calling the insurance right now to clear this up and I call.

The insurance representative confirms over the phone that I should only be paying $5.00 and no more for the visit. The check in clerk at the doctor office won't sway and keeps talking about the deductible. The insurance rep tells me to ask them to speak with someone else in the office who can actually help, so at the same time the clerk calls someone else up. So a new lady enters the sign in cubicle and stands there to listen to what is occurring but doesn't really do anything. The clerk still won't budge so the insurance rep asks for their phone number and calls the office direct and speaks with the clerk for about ten to fifteen minutes. The clerk is busy typing a bunch of stuff into the computer and finally when she gets off the phone, she has changed it to the $5.00. But is still trying to imply I am going to get billed for the deductible.

I also mention to her that if they do a strept test on my daughter, and have to send it to a lab that they have to use the lab that is "In Network" and covered under my insurance. I looked this up the night before as well and I know who the lab is. She tells me I have to discuss this with the doctor.

So when me and daughter get called back by the nurse who does the weight/temperature check in I also mention choosing the "In Network" lab as well, but she also tells me to bring it up with the doctor.

We get placed in the room to be seen by the doctor. He internally in that office does a flu test and strept test. I discussed the lab concern with him, but he tells me they are doing it right there right now so they won't be sending to a lab.

My daughter is diagnosed with flu and the doctor tells me to simply continue doing the treatment I had already been doing for her. We get prescribed nothing because we all know the flu simply has to run its course...we can simply treat the symptoms. So just as I thought she doesn't not have strept...

You may be wondering why the hang up on the lab... Because twice now on two different doctor appointments, the doctor offices have sent lab work to a lab that isn't on my insurance plan. The first time it happened, it was an appointment for my daughter several years ago at her pediatricians office which we had gone to since her birth. I was on an employer health insurance plan at that time (not govt marketplace). The dr office without my consent sent it to a lab that was not on the insurance. I fought the bill for months with the doctor office and they finally reversed it, but not before they had someone outside of their office continually call and harass me about the past due balance even though the bill was in dispute from the start. I swiftly removed both of my children from that doctors office after that visit because they could no longer be trusted.

The second lab incident happened in Feb 2017 on my new marketplace plan that Ive explained all the fiascos I am going through right now... Lab work sent to a lab that doesn't participate on the plan by the doctors office without my consent. I handed them my insurance card at the start of the doctor visit. This doctor office agreed to participate in the plan, they are "In Network". But along with coding things so it won't be covered, they also submit to a lab that isn't "In Network".

leolady

posted on Mar, 16 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: leolady

Leolady this is the norm. I hear about it all the time. It's happened to my wife, multiple times. She has insurance, I do not. It's probably happening to just about everybody yet from each person's perspective they are only seeing the injustice being broadly dealt out only to them.

There is something truly foul and evil going on in this and other nations. The end result of what is happening to just about everybody is much more money is going out and much fewer people are going to the doctor. Think about that. Some group of people is robing us blind and the government enslaved us with a threat hanging over our head as an "IRS" induced "fine" for "not" taking part. I'd imagine there is a very big part of the population that is "not" taking part so they pay a fine for nothing.

Where is our money going you sick nasty three letter agency #s? Hawwwk Phtooey...!!! I spit on their mothers graves for they bore scum from between their legs.

I just feel bad that Americans will lose everything in trying to preserve themselves. They will put themselves into the worst slavery for what? For the shiny baubles, for the meaningless title of a job, for what?? When we should being showing them that a government should fear its people, not the other way around. Before it ever even gets close to this Americans will lose everything including their self respect. What a shame...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join