It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you make of Preet Bharara doing THIS?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
As typical for a new administration, federal prosecutors from the previous administration are asked to resign, to be replaced by the current administration's choices under his Attorney General.

If you have been following the hoopla about this, you have heard that Preet Bharara, U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of New York, refused to turn in his resignation and had to be fired by the Attorney General.

But, news has come out today informing us that President Trump actually tried to call Mr. Bharara two days in advance of his dismissal to thank him for his service, but Preet Bharara refused to take the call!

Two days before U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara was fired, President Donald Trump tried to call the high-profile New York prosecutor in what a White House official said was an effort to "thank him for his service and to wish him good luck."

But a U.S. law enforcement official said Bharara declined to take the call, placed on Thursday, saying he did not want to talk to the president without the approval of his superiors.

www.reuters.com...

What!? You are a United States Attorney and you do not want to take a call from the President of the United States of America till you talk to your "superiors"?!!

Who was Preet Bharara talking about when he said "his superiors"?......hmmmm
edit on 13-3-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

You're going to need to cite a source.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
The Justice Dept. He had only just recently been asked to investigate the alleged Trump-Russian connection.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

You're going to need to cite a source.

oops! Source now included...reuters...sorry 'bout that.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Did Preet Bharara show his hand when he mentioned "his superiors"? Who, exactly, has he been answering to if not Jeff Sessions or the president?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

the guy is a dick.

He got fired.

So happy endings!

Now Obama doesn't have an "in" at least there any longer.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Did Preet Bharara show his hand when he mentioned "his superiors"? Who, exactly, has he been answering to if not Jeff Sessions or the president?

Indeed.
He's made a fool of himself, that's for sure.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Obviously he was under "advice" from the last Administration.

And he had it all set-up to make the best MSM hyperbole from his planned and scripted "firing".

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I heard something about this story on radio last night....blew my mind. He's a flippin' US Attorney, has been for some time now and doesn't know if it is "legal" to talk to the president? Has he had a stroke? Did he not read his employment contract, the clause that explains that he serves "at the pleasure of the president"? Thus the president is his boss. What kind of nincompoop refuses to take a call from their boss and then cries when they get fired?

It's too funny for words!

In the story I heard, Bharara was claiming that he has spoken with the Donald during the campaign and had been promised that he could stay on in his position. So his whining was about being fired despite what he described as a promise of continued employment from Trump.

My best guess would be that in the time that has passed since he met with Trump, something has turned up that made Trump change his mind. Who knows what Trump had in mind when he placed that call? Mr. Bharara might feel really silly if it comes out that Trump was calling to offer a different position.

ETA: Ah, thanks for the source.
That story has a bit of different info than what I heard on radio.

In answer to your question---yes, I'd say his statement was quite revealing.
edit on 13-3-2017 by diggindirt because: addition

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

the guy is a dick.

He got fired.

So happy endings!

Now Obama doesn't have an "in" at least there any longer.

That's exactly what I think!

Preet Bharara is/was still getting his marching orders from no other than, Barack Hussein Obama or one of his goons. He let it slip, imo.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
If he'd been asked to stay on previously, wouldn't it be unusual to fire him or ask him to resign? Don't they kinda make the decision and it's all done at same time? Not from US so it's all new to me.

There was a lot of stories around so not knowing much about him I did some reading. Articles said that he'd taken on corruption - both Democrats and Republicans which may have been a reason for Trump to keep him.

Have no side either way, just what I read.
edit on 1332017 by Scallywwagg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Personally I think he is making an ass of himself. He seems to think he is much more important than he is.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well...........(sigh)

Anyway, lets listen to D & S's take on it.

Buck

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
How can he be fired when he was asked to resign?

Isn't that redundant or something else weird?

And all this stuff about Trump asking him to stay on? It's only something said by Preet himself, isn't it?

More BS about how OMG, how sudden it was he was asked to vacate his office.

Maybe Trump was calling him to ask him to stay on and he refused to take the call thus pissing off Trump?

I hear Trump changed his mind about having mustard instead of mayo on his turkey sandwich that day too.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

And all this stuff about Trump asking him to stay on? It's only something said by Preet himself, isn't it?

Maybe Trump was calling him to ask him to stay on and he refused to take the call thus pissing off Trump?

I hear Trump changed his mind about having mustard instead of mayo on his turkey sandwich that day too.

Are you saying Bharara refused the president's call, feigned offense, used drama to draw attention to himself, then put on a big act simply for publicity? (He is supposedly going to run for mayor or governor of NY.)

But, if he indeed refused to take a call from the POTUS because of a desire to clear it with his "superiors", that's a curious thing, don't you think? Who does he consider his "superior" over and above President Trump?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Who was Preet Bharara talking about when he said "his superiors"?......hmmmm

Well, I can name several million people who are superior to Preet Bharara, so who knows who the man himself was referring to? Maybe he meant Joe from down the street or Bob from the deli. Preet:"Hey Bob, the president just tried to call me. You are superior to me in every way so I need your advice... should I take the President's call." Bob "Just a minute, gotta turn off this meat slicer. OK, Preet... OF FREAKING COURSE YOU TAKE THE PRESIDENT'S CALL YOU DUMBASS!" Preet: "Ah, wonderful advice!"

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Are you saying Bharara refused the president's call, feigned offense, used drama to draw attention to himself, then put on a big act simply for publicity? (He is supposedly going to run for mayor or governor of NY.)

But, if he indeed refused to take a call from the POTUS because of a desire to clear it with his "superiors", that's a curious thing, don't you think? Who does he consider his "superior" over and above President Trump?

Yes, that is problematic for him if it ever gets more press.

Who can over ride the POTUS? The Supreme Court?

Chuck Schumer?

It's a good thing this guy is out.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm wondering if Preet Bharara was involved in any way with spying on Donald Trump during the campaign. Was he complicit in some way? Was he following orders from his "superiors"?

There....I said it out loud.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71
OMGosh how have I not found these women????? Thank you flatbrush, thank you!

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

I'm wondering if Preet Bharara was involved in any way with spying on Donald Trump during the campaign. Was he complicit in some way? Was he following orders from his "superiors"?

There....I said it out loud.

90% chance of it being true.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join