It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Perfect Law of God

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Here's a video of something I learned awhile back about the 10 Commandments.

I asked God to teach me what love was over a year ago. Shortly thereafter, my life began to drastically change. In short, I had to find a new job, an entirely new place to live, and leave behind everything that I knew. In the new place, I slowly became more infatuated with His law, as I knew that the 10 Commandments were the law of love. I also knew 1 Corinthians 13 was very important as well.

One day while I was laying on the futon reading 1 Corinthians 13, I got up and I asked God, "Where is giving in Your law?" After staring at His law looking at points of it, my mind ran back and forth with thoughts. And then I heard a voice, over the thoughts in my head, "Do the opposite." My thoughts were quieted, and my jaw dropped as I was staring at the commandment "Thou shalt not steal."

Here is a video of what I have learned, and continued to learn about God's Law of Love, the 10 Holy Commandments.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ScatteredThirdAngel
This is probably what James means by the odd phrase "that perfect law, the law of liberty" (ch1 v25 and also ch2 v12).

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

heard a voice.... interesting, but I guess your "religious" so that is normal. good day to you.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   

how many of the commandments have you broken?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
You do know we are not under the law, unless you are Jewish
Christians are not under the law, we do what we think will serve God and others because we love, not because we are under the law.

If you accept the 10 commandments as a given, arnt you denying Gods grace in Christ
Even Paul said " All things are lawful, not all things are edifying.

I am embarrassed by this christianity here, it's lost and confused, it's trying to marry two religions, it's like wearing linen and wool, biblically forbidden.

Jesus did work on the sabath, he is denying the bible to justify his own misunderstandings.

As Christians we are saved by grace through Jesus, we show the fruit of the Holy Spirit and live as the Sermon on the Mount taught.
We are not Jews, go read Romans, it's very clear

Two rules, both are love
Love God, love each other, that's the principles of Christianity, that bloke is turning it into a religion

It's a lie

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
This is probably what James means by the odd phrase "that perfect law, the law of liberty" (ch1 v25 and also ch2 v12).

How can that be a liberty when religion binds people up.
Worship on the sabath, that's silly, every day is the sabath in Christ,
We live as Jesus taught because we love Jesus, not because we follow Jewish law or commandments
If we start fulfilling the law like Jews, why not fulfill them and and then rely on our own works to attain salvation
Why do we need Jesus

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010

heard a voice.... interesting, but I guess your "religious" so that is normal. good day to you.

No, it's not normal for people to hear voices, even the religious ones

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

That's why this phrase used by James sounds so paradoxical. Yet he wrote it, so he must have meant something by it.
My theory is that he was consciously reacting to Paul's contrast between "law" and "liberty" and trying to get the best of both worlds. The description only makes sense if the word "law" is understood by James as "the law of love" rather than the Mosaic Law. He also refers to "You shall love your neighbour as yourself" (ch2 v8). In the usual translation, he calls it the "royal law". But I think he was really trying to say "the Kingdom's law", deliberately relating "law" to the teaching of Jesus.

edit on 13-3-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

That's why this phrase used by James sounds so paradoxical. Yet he wrote it, so he must have meant something by it.
My theory is that he was consciously reacting to Paul's contrast between "law" and "liberty" and trying to get the best of both worlds. The description only makes sense if the word "law" is understood by James as "the law of love" rather than the Mosaic Law. He also refers to "You shall love your neighbour as yourself" (ch2 v8). In the usual translation, he calls it the "royal law". But I think he was really trying to say "the Kingdom's law", deliberately relating "law" to the teaching of Jesus.

Yes James was talking to the converted Jews in Jerusalem, I would think they were probably taking liberties of Gods grace.
I am not denying that christians have a responsibility and duty in their actions and lifestyle

That guy in the video, he was definetly twisting mosaic law and Christs teaching into one chord, that's forbidden in the Mosaic law and then in Christianity because it becomes legalism
He said Christ didn't work on the sabath, He did and allowed His disciples to pull grain. The video was confused and taught christians they are subject to The Mosaic law

We are not, none of it, not a jot or title.
We are in Christ, who is in the Father We are in dwelt by the Spirit
Why do we need the Mosaic law.

The video was just bad, terrible and confused, no wonder atheists scratch their collective heads at what we believe

The law of love, I can accept that, but that's the whole of the law, no sabath, no mixing of wool and linen, no circumcision, no being dictated to by religious or anti religious fundamentalists who think we are subject to the Ten Commandments

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
I'm going to confess that I did not watch the video (I don't do videos). I was just responding to the fundamental concept of "love fulfilling the law".

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I'm going to confess that I did not watch the video (I don't do videos). I was just responding to the fundamental concept of "love fulfilling the law".

The title looked dodgy
The perfect law of love and also the (mosaic law) 10 commandments, new wine in old skins. Sets of alarms

Yeah, if it was just
"love fulfilling the law"
that simple, I would have said nothing

It was a total confusion of Christianity and the mosaic law mixed, binding believers in all sorts of confused webs of deceit
No,doubt It wasn't malicious, it was just wrong though

The perfect law of God, is love, and still Christians judge and condemn based on the mosaic law
edit on 13-3-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

For me, one of the greatest discoveries was to see that the Strong Force in nature is Neutral (Neutron) and Positive (Proton). This force is the invariance we see in nature. It never changes, which is a huge clue to God's own Dharma (Nature). Neutral cannot judge. It is both charges in balance, rendering it neither attractive or repulsive. Protons are positive, so they attract, yet are sheltered by the Neutron. This is what Jesus referred to as non-judgment. Positive is the infectious nature of a person with Higher Mind and Spirit centered in virtue.

I have a thread that puts this into the Galatians 5 framework of fruits of the spirit, along with aphorism from Easter religion which point to the hand that is responsible for both sickness (in the mind) and medicine. To get the essence of the weak force breaking symmetry, this realization then gives the essence of suffering in the world. Individuation requires that free will be both governed by cause and effect, and given a choice between right and wrong. Unless symmetry is broken, God is simply producing his own image in a mirror. We have the ability to choose, which gives us the ability to choose love, activating the gift, which are the virtues.

Sickness and Medicine Parallel to Virtue

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You do know we are not under the law, unless you are Jewish Christians are not under the law, we do what we think will serve God and others because we love, not because we are under the law.

THE law here was known from antiquity, and is the one law with none beside it. This is to say, if love is the law, there are no other laws against it. In other words, not following one simple law, and the other laws of tyranny apply. Division has law by its nature. Love is unity. Here is one source describing the one law, 500 years before Christ. This book has no negation, and is 100% neutral positive. It marks itself with the Strong Force in nature. Listen for

Dhammapada Choices

"Look how he abused me and hurt me,
How he threw me down and robbed me."
Abandon such thoughts, and live in love.
In this world
Hate never yet dispelled hate.
Only love dispels hate.
This is the law,
Ancient and inexhaustible.

Listen until you find fault. You will reach the end.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScatteredThirdAngel

heard a voice, over the thoughts in my head, "Do the opposite." My thoughts were quieted, and my jaw dropped as I was staring at the commandment "Thou shalt not steal."

opposite is "go steal and deal"

But OK then I saw the video, now I get it, but do not lean to much on the God of Love, because God is dualistic, ...hate will make you whole again... and all of mankind is not saved from damnation by the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, only those that kept with honor and conscience the 10 Commandments (if they were atheists they need to keep only the last 6) get the mercy of The Lord, this is all my belief and my pursuit of happiness

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Would a child of God who has been given freewill be obedient or disobedient?

Which one of the 10 commandments is ok for us to break and still consider ourselves to be follows of Jesus who was without sin?

We may be saved by Grace if we stumble but I would like to understand which one of the commandments you think stands in the way of loving your neighbors.

Love fulfills the law, love is not disobedient.
edit on 13-3-2017 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: galien8

originally posted by: ScatteredThirdAngel

heard a voice, over the thoughts in my head, "Do the opposite." My thoughts were quieted, and my jaw dropped as I was staring at the commandment "Thou shalt not steal."

opposite is "go steal and deal"

But OK then I saw the video, now I get it, but do not lean to much on the God of Love, because God is dualistic, ...hate will make you whole again... and all of mankind is not saved from damnation by the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, only those that kept with honor and conscience the 10 Commandments (if they were atheists they need to keep only the last 6) get the mercy of The Lord, this is all my belief and my pursuit of happiness

God is not dualistic.

1 John 1:5
This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

God gave us freewill to be disobedient, but the kingdom of Heaven/Light is within us, so we too can overcome the dualistic nature of our flesh.

We can join Christ on the cross, and crucify the dark desires of our flesh to become one with the light within us.

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

Would a child of God who has been given freewill be obedient or disobedient?

They will be both, I dont see the point of this question, it is meaningless

Which one of the 10 commandments is ok for us to break and still consider ourselves to be follows of Jesus who was without sin?

Any commandment that gets in the way of love

We may be saved by Grace if we stumble but I would like to understand which one of the commandments you think stands in the way of loving your neighbors.

They all do, they all condemn if they are not upheld, they are laws, break a law and it becomes a condemnation

Maybe if I ask you, what ones if I break will condemn me to hell

Love fulfills the law, love is not disobedient.

You talk as if you are righteous, like a Pharisee.

Love God, love each other, its far different to love the law

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DayAfterTomorrow

You do know we are not under the law, unless you are Jewish Christians are not under the law, we do what we think will serve God and others because we love, not because we are under the law.

THE law here was known from antiquity, and is the one law with none beside it. This is to say, if love is the law, there are no other laws against it. In other words, not following one simple law, and the other laws of tyranny apply. Division has law by its nature. Love is unity. Here is one source describing the one law, 500 years before Christ. This book has no negation, and is 100% neutral positive. It marks itself with the Strong Force in nature. Listen for

Dhammapada Choices

"Look how he abused me and hurt me,
How he threw me down and robbed me."
Abandon such thoughts, and live in love.
In this world
Hate never yet dispelled hate.
Only love dispels hate.
This is the law,
Ancient and inexhaustible.

Listen until you find fault. You will reach the end.

What?
I dont understand
What has Buddhism to do with Christianity and Judaism

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I don't love the law.

I simply love. Love fulfills the law. Christ did not break the law he fulfilled the law.

I am not talking about righteousness. I am talking about obedience to Love.

None of the commandments get in the way of Love.

Why would you be disobedient to the law? Why would you use your freewill to be disobedient?

posted on Mar, 13 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Do you think Jesus is the only one to teach to follow the light within?

Do you believe Jesus is the only one who taught that to Love was the greatest commandment?

There are many prophets that came before Jesus who taught their followers to be virtuous and to love one another.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join